OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1331 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 33183112311281132113291330133113321333134113811431 ... LastLast
Results 13,301 to 13,310 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 764 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    More sad than angry. we watched as multiple Emergency Services vehicles raced past our front door, this morning.

I just found out there has been a horrific fatal crash a few kms from us. https://7news.com.au/travel/victoria...oria-c-1828253

Please drive safely and get home in one piece.
    Hey Craig do you know if they are locals??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    Went to a dealer for a windscreen calibration, and they rang and told me my battery was stuff and needed a new one.

I thought it might have been on the way out so I said change it.

To take the old one out and put a new one in, they charged $65. I'm in the wrong game!
    What's a bloody windscreen calibration? Is it like striped paint?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    Hey Craig do you know if they are locals??
    Yes, mate. Well known to my wife.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

10G (27th December 2020), MB (26th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drivin home & watchin dickheads trying to die - I was back a bit behind 3 cars , the 3rd car ( at the back ) pulled out on a sweeping corner that I’ve overtaken on before as you can see for about a km except on this occasion I could see there was 2 cars coming about 400mts away , I backed off further as I knew it wouldn’t end well , everyone braked & dived into the gravel to make room room this cockheads , then stupid squeezed in between the 2 cars he was trying to overtake . Dickheads who obviously can’t drive their own finger up their own arse nor judge distances or know their & their vehicles capabilities putting other people’s lives in danger make me wild , this similar situation happened twice on the way home , I was just glad to get home alive .

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

jack (26th December 2020), jay see (26th December 2020), MB (26th December 2020), mudnut (27th December 2020), Plasnart (26th December 2020), Rossco (27th December 2020), rusty_nail (26th December 2020), Winnie (26th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,315 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copy......our little hills have been ablaze with the scenes of exodus farkwits too Sprockstar Mate!

IMHO: There should be at least 3 x levels of automobile licence achievable:

1) Auto/City Limits
    2)Manual/Suburban Limits
    3/Rural Accreditation of either :-)

I’m only HR Synchromesh legal so please don’t let me drive your Kenworth Logging Legend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

10G (27th December 2020), Cremulator (26th December 2020), Mickhead (27th December 2020), rusty_nail (27th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,764 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two things that happen on the same day a about 6 weeks ago.

1. Earlier this year I dropped off my bumper from my clubsport to be repaired to a bloke that I've met a few times from a Facebook group. He previously painted the rear spoiler and was happy with that. Long story short I changed my mind as I'm now getting the whole car painted. Due to the restrictions we've had down here it took a while before I could get to him. Finally arranged a time to get back to him to pick up my genuine VX fog lights with brackets, got the bar before lockdown. I finally made it there and he handed over these what you see in the picture, 2 mismatched lights 1 oval 1 round, one cracked and one has no plug and insists that these were the lights that came out of my bar. why would I wait so long and go back over 100 km round trip to go get these broken spares that he has lying around.

These lights are obsolete I managed to buy them two years ago. Now he is the only one that knows what happened to them, sold them on or has a spare set.

Whatever the case karma will fix him.

2. This is a a summary of what I sent to Parks Victoria and Knox City council.

I originally reported this accident to Knox city council and was told a day later that it was Parks Victoria responsibility. Turns out that it's not, just council trying to shift blame.

This is what I sent to council.

I pulled into the gravel carpark just past the roundabout at Wantirna Reserve on Mountain Highway Wantirna, to park to make a phone call, on the way in I noticed a pothole just past the entrance of the carpark. On the way out, I avoided the pothole, but by doing so my front right wheel just clipped and fell into the culvert end, where the culvert runs underneath the road. This was hard to see as it was in a ditch and not easily noticeable, there are no markings or signage. This has damaged the front and underside of my car on the right side near the wheel. I have made an insurance claim for the damage and will be seeking the full amount of my excess.

I have attached photos of what happen. You can see that in one of the photos there are timber bollards that have been knocked down, that shows me that this or something similar has happen recently.

Can the pothole be filled and some markings installed, maybe a white pole with a reflector on it on both sides so this doesn't happen to anyone else? This was suggested by one of your staff from council.

Regards.

I did get a reply, not from council, but their lawyers Echelon. They sent me a Request for compensation form. All pretty straight forward until you get to page 3 THE ROAD MANAGEMENT ACT 2004. Basically it says that if my request is for damage from a roadway I need to pay the first $1460.00 regardless of liability.

WHAT A LOAD OF

How can this be right.

We pay council to maintain things through our rates and I damage my car in their reserve and I'm left paying the bill.

I'm going to follow this through with my insurance as I have provided them the details to the other party involved (council). I'm not going to hold my breath tho.

That was a shit day...

There was a bit of damage underneath to the radiator support and I had to explain to the wife what I did you here car too.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jay see; 27th December 2020 at 12:01 AM.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

MB (26th December 2020), mudnut (27th December 2020), rusty_nail (27th December 2020)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    Yes, mate. Well known to my wife.
    oh shit, i'm sorry.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

mudnut (27th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Copy......our little hills have been ablaze with the scenes of exodus farkwits too Sprockstar Mate!

1) Auto/City Limits
    2)Manual/Suburban Limits

I’m only HR Synchromesh legal so please don’t let me drive your Kenworth Logging Legend

Would not matter, bet half out there with an MC license still can't drive a car.

I'm also HR, R but put me behind the wheel of a truck with an 18 speed road ranger gearbox these days, I'd either

1 Not be able 2 move it
    2. Kill someone
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

MB (28th December 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    Would not matter, bet half out there with an MC license still can't drive a car.

I'm also HR, R but put me behind the wheel of a truck with an 18 speed road ranger gearbox these days, I'd either

1 Not be able 2 move it
    2. Kill someone
    GOOD GOLLY GOSH truck licenses seem easily available these days. Just like overseas university student placements .......94F91FF5-7C7C-4562-9D22-A940B7894588.jpeg
    Last edited by Mickhead; 27th December 2020 at 05:45 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mickhead For This Useful Post:

MB (28th December 2020), NissanGQ4.2 (27th December 2020), Plasnart (27th December 2020)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post

1) Auto/City Limits
    2)Manual/Suburban Limits

Yep, it's easy to spot the folks from the big smoke, they're all clean and shiny, their cars, their kids, themselves. Nothing wrong with that, just saying they're easy to spot. We followed some home this arvo. They braked for the emus over in the right hand side miles away, they braked for the crow on the road and turned last minute down a road to somewhere.

They're a PITA really when you just wanna get somewhere, slowing down to look at the kangaroos or shit, or there's a bump in the road, but I do the same thing when I'm away, so I'm no better I guess.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

MB (28th December 2020), rusty_nail (27th December 2020)

Page 1331 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 33183112311281132113291330133113321333134113811431 ... LastLast