Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up DIY projector headlights on GU

Hi all just sharing how I did my headlight projector install
    Started with this kit from fleabay
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301792681...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Remember to order with RHD Cut out option also choose your angel eyes colour and the hid temperature

Also got some demon eyes from the same seller for some extra bling
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pair-Devi...-/301829657195

Here is rhe kit all unpacked
    image.jpeg
    And the demon eyes
    image.jpeg

I used a heatgun to soften up the sealant then pried off the glass just take your time and keep applying heat as needed
    image.jpeg
    Also used one of my trim removal tools to remove the glass found that starting from the bottom was best
    image.jpeg
    Remove the outer shield two Philips screws
    image.jpeg
    Now remove the reflector by undoing the headlight adjuster screws on the back of the light then a bit of force to get it off the clip
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Now remove the globe holder spring and shield held in by a small Philips screw and discard
    image.jpegimage.jpeg
    Time to paint the reflector and outer shield if you choose to this is an option I wanted mine black so in to the paint booth it went first for a coat of adhesive promoter
    image.jpeg
    So while paint is drying remove the globe holder on the projector I also installed the demon eyes at the same time image.jpegimage.jpeg
    Now fit the H4 size silicone washer from the kit ready for installation I chose to seal of the back of the projector with aluminium tape as I found the demon eyes was reflecting out the back
    image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
    Couple of coats of flat black and ready to come out of the paint booth lol
    image.jpeg
    Now with clean hands start assembling careful not to scratch the new paint job
    Fit projector into reflector housing making sure the wires go in the bottom slot select the H4 washer from the kit and tighten up the nut
    image.jpegimage.jpeg
    Fit the globe holder and the hid globe and then back into the light housing start the two adjuster screws first then press on to the stud
    image.jpeg[ATTACH=CONFIG]66091[/ATTACH
    Fit outer shield and refit the glass remember to blow out light with air and clean the inside of the glass
    image.jpegimage.jpeg
    All done now repeat for the other side and done job took approx 4 hours from go to whoa there is a complete wiring harness that comes in the kit witch is nearly all plug and play wee bit of soldering for the Angel and demon eyes easy done here is the end result
    image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Send from my iPad cos this site rocks now on the tablet now that @AB fixed it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kimbo63; 3rd May 2016 at 09:19 PM.
    98 GU ST wagon 6.5TD chev 5 speed manual dual batteries storage drawers big red air compressor 9L tank millweld front and rear bars millweld 4" snorkel 4" air box 3" tough dog suspension lift drop box and hybrid radius arms 12000Lb winch ARB front air locker Alpine MP3 player amp and a good set of speakers GME 2 way The list goes on

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo63 For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (7th April 2016), Clunk (7th April 2016), Filterselite (11th April 2016), lucus30 (11th April 2016), Touses (8th April 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,652 Times in 3,121 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome write up.. thanks
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Kimbo63 (7th April 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo63 View Post
    Hi all just sharing how I did my headlight projector install
    Started with this kit from fleabay
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301792681...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Remember to order with RHD Cut out option also choose your angel eyes colour and the hid temperature

Also got some demon eyes from the same seller for some extra bling
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pair-Devi...-/301829657195

Here is rhe kit all unpacked
    image.jpeg
    And the demon eyes
    image.jpeg

I used a heatgun to soften up the sealant then pried off the glass just take your time and keep applying heat as needed
    image.jpeg
    Also used one of my trim removal tools to remove the glass found that starting from the bottom was best
    image.jpeg
    Remove the outer shield two Philips screws
    image.jpeg
    Now remove the reflector by undoing the headlight adjuster screws on the back of the light then a bit of force to get it off the clip
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Now remove the globe holder spring and shield held in by a small Philips screw and discard
    image.jpegimage.jpeg
    Time to paint the reflector and outer shield if you choose to this is an option I wanted mine black so in to the paint booth it went first for a coat of adhesive promoter
    image.jpeg
    So while paint is drying remove the globe holder on the projector I also installed the demon eyes at the same time image.jpegimage.jpeg
    Now fit the H4 size silicone washer from the kit ready for installation I chose to seal of the back of the projector with aluminium tape as I found the demon eyes was reflecting out the back
    image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
    Couple of coats of flat black and ready to come out of the paint booth lol
    image.jpeg
    Now with clean hands start assembling careful not to scratch the new paint job
    Fit projector into reflector housing making sure the wires go in the bottom slot select the H4 washer from the kit and tighten up the nut
    image.jpegimage.jpeg
    Fit the globe holder and the hid globe and then back into the light housing start the two adjuster screws first then press on to the stud
    image.jpeg[ATTACH=CONFIG]66091[/ATTACH
    Fit outer shield and refit the glass remember to blow out light with air and clean the inside of the glass
    image.jpegimage.jpeg
    All done now repeat for the other side and done job took approx 4 hours from go to whoa there is a complete wiring harness that comes in the kit witch is nearly all plug and play wee bit of soldering for the Angel and demon eyes easy done here is the end result
    image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Send from my iPad cos this site rocks now on the tablet now that Andy fixed it
    Sweet you wanna do me a set?
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just follow the step by step instructions Lucus lol
    98 GU ST wagon 6.5TD chev 5 speed manual dual batteries storage drawers big red air compressor 9L tank millweld front and rear bars millweld 4" snorkel 4" air box 3" tough dog suspension lift drop box and hybrid radius arms 12000Lb winch ARB front air locker Alpine MP3 player amp and a good set of speakers GME 2 way The list goes on

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimbo63 For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (7th April 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo63 View Post
    Just follow the step by step instructions Lucus lol
    yeah im not sure I have the finesse for it. I need to buy some new headlights soon so will probably buy some and do it then.
    Not sure what brand though... maybe depo?
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lucus30 For This Useful Post:

Kimbo63 (7th April 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biggqwesty View Post
    Awesome write up.. thanks
    Thanks mate really wasn't too hard a good heatgun is handy but also would have like to do the job on new lights but came out OK handy hint on the original Nissan lights don't forget the adjusters are left hand threads
    Cheers Kimbo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimbo63 For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (7th April 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice job mate. Ive had mine, same as your but i have blue devils eyes, for 18months or so and i love the light output.
    I found it easier to put the entire light in the oven as i found keeping the heat even hard with the heat gun.
    Lucas, Depo are the best in aftermarket lights.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (8th April 2016), Kimbo63 (8th April 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Must say light output is amazing thought I would add this
    image.jpeg
    Saves any one wanting to do this digging it out the manual

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimbo63 For This Useful Post:

mudski (13th April 2016)