Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 764 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TJM Prolockers. Any Good??

I've had ARB air lockers and probably would again, but TJM have a sale on ATM.

I'm curious to know what others know or think of the TJM Prolockers. I don't know much about them, but I reckon they'd be just as good ARBs lockers.

Thoughts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,757 Times in 8,578 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @MudRunnerTD

We talked about this the other night and I have a memory like a battered fish but there's some pros with Tjm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Supposed to be a tad better then the ARB ones but I somehow managed to kill mine along with other bits and pieces....all easy driving too

................on the road

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

AB (10th June 2017)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's that old thing I guess, 50% like one and 50% like the other. I had trouble with my 2 ARB lockers but after I went through and fixed up rubbers etc, they were great, I reckon the TJM would be the same. I'll keep looking into it.

Thanks guys.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 4,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very keen to please learn more here of your specific brand experiences blokes. I ran ARB's 15+ odd years ago thrashing without any dramas and now finally back in the HC climbing game have chosen ARB again. Last weekend we found my somewhat installed downwards compressor/tank plumbing was intermittently moisture/freezing the ARB solenoids and seriously 'wacking' until a final air stop of the 'bolt' I guess :-( ?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 4,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's supposed to be a 'Prolocker' query thread but just thought I'd put this here as my findings today would affect all air activated lockers I believe.
    After last weekends debacle removed the rear cab seat for a closer inspection on @matfew 's upside down trackside correct diagnosis. The ARB solenoids were below the pressure manifold. Matfew whilst inspecting again on day 2 kindly ripped out the diffuser's which got some action back again. The manifold needs a full 180 rotation to have its drain bung lower than the solenoids and better maintenance by silly old me. Long story short, ripping the whole lot out now and remounting correctly up higher where it can be friggin accessed and adding an easy maintenance water trap bowl etc...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,769 Times in 2,033 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    I know it's supposed to be a 'Prolocker' query thread but just thought I'd put this here as my findings today would affect all air activated lockers I believe.
    After last weekends debacle removed the rear cab seat for a closer inspection on @matfew 's upside down trackside correct diagnosis. The ARB solenoids were below the pressure manifold. Matfew whilst inspecting again on day 2 kindly ripped out the diffuser's which got some action back again. The manifold needs a full 180 rotation to have its drain bung lower than the solenoids and better maintenance by silly old me. Long story short, ripping the whole lot out now and remounting correctly up higher where it can be friggin accessed and adding an easy maintenance water trap bowl etc...

See mate. Always learning never to old.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

MB (13th June 2017)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I heard from TJM to day. Although they advertise their Locker at around $1400, once you add in labour, wiring, compressor etc it comes to $2500.

I already knew the locker was just one component of a 'locker system', just ashame it adds up to almost twice what they advertise.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    So I heard from TJM to day. Although they advertise their Locker at around $1400, once you add in labour, wiring, compressor etc it comes to $2500.

I already knew the locker was just one component of a 'locker system', just ashame it adds up to almost twice what they advertise.

Wow! That’s more than it costs to get an elocker fitted!
    Last edited by Cuppa; 13th June 2017 at 08:13 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, crazy price I reckon.

I rang up an ARB place. The bloke quoted around $1550 fitted which didn't include a compressor and about $2100 with a compressor. $600 for a compressor seems a bit much, I only need something to run the front locker as I have a factory rear locker.

I know I can get the small ARB locker I think it's the CKSA12 or something which should cost less than $600 as it's only a small thing.

Anyone know what else I can do for a compressor for an ARB air locker???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast