Thread: ZD30DDTI blown Head

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry ZD30DDTI blown Head

Hello, I have a 2001 Y61 (Auto) with a ZD30DDTI.

This car has been with us in the family since 2001. Ever since, it has changed Heads twice as of now. Once in 2011 and another in 2018. The symptoms were it overheated and coolant keeps getting pushed out from the radiator filler. After 2018 when the Head was replaced, the coolant is still pushing out from the radiator. Although however, it does not overheat. This then cause me to refill the coolant once a week.

I was told that this is a common problem for ZD30DDTI.

What should I do to overcome this problem? Is there a solution for this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ki-ren View Post
    Hello, I have a 2001 Y61 (Auto) with a ZD30DDTI.

This car has been with us in the family since 2001. Ever since, it has changed Heads twice as of now. Once in 2011 and another in 2018. The symptoms were it overheated and coolant keeps getting pushed out from the radiator filler. After 2018 when the Head was replaced, the coolant is still pushing out from the radiator. Although however, it does not overheat. This then cause me to refill the coolant once a week.

I was told that this is a common problem for ZD30DDTI.

What should I do to overcome this problem? Is there a solution for this?
    Take it back to who ever changed the head and told you it was right. It’s not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2006 4.2 tdi wagon
    TJM BullBar and bar work, Light bar & spotlights, Airtech snorkel, tradie rack, blocked egr, 2inch lift on 33s and a 3 inch exhaust to go with it all.
    Plenty more to come!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did they change the head last time it was repaired , or just the head gasket . if they only replaced the head gasket ,the head might be cracked .

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nipagu7 View Post
    did they change the head last time it was repaired , or just the head gasket . if they only replaced the head gasket ,the head might be cracked .
    The car had changed its head twice when it got repaired. This includes the head gasket, water pump and radiator as well. Hating to assume that the same problem could come creeping in again for the third time.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpetersen View Post
    Take it back to who ever changed the head and told you it was right. It’s not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh boy oh boy...

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how many K's on the car . has it got any mods such as exhaust , snorkel , chip , catch can , dawes and needle valves ,egr block .

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how many K's on the car . has it got any mods such as exhaust , snorkel , chip , catch can , dawes and needle valves ,egr block .
    Bone stock car, used for suburb driving only. Just under 200,000 km...

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok , 2000 to 2002 models are known as grenades for their tendencie to have engine problems . if you search this site you will find lots of information about this and also about how to prevent these issues from re-occuring . there is a system called NADS , which is a series of modifications that you can make that should stop it from happening again as well as to allow the engine to perform better and in many cases more fuel efficiently as well . i strongly suggest you read up on it . it is worth the effort.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok , 2000 to 2002 models are known as grenades for their tendencie to have engine problems . if you search this site you will find lots of information about this and also about how to prevent these issues from re-occuring . there is a system called NADS , which is a series of modifications that you can make that should stop it from happening again as well as to allow the engine to perform better and in many cases more fuel efficiently as well . i strongly suggest you read up on it . it is worth the effort.
    Ah i see, is this one of the threads you are referring to? There is a modification tips listed as pdf there.