Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Club 4X4 - Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kallen, a couple of questions about no claims bonuses.

With Club 4x4 providing competitive premiums without incorporating no claims bonuses .... in the event of a claim would the premium increase & if so how & when would the premium increase be calculated?

Also if choosing to insure with Club 4x4 & leaving a previous insurer where a rating one no claims bonus was held .... if the policy holder chose not to renew after having had a claim free term with Club 4x4 - would Club 4x4 be able/willing to provide the necessary info to a person’s new insurer in order that that person could return to a rating one no claims bonus?

Thanks.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Hi Kallen, a couple of questions about no claims bonuses.

With Club 4x4 providing competitive premiums without incorporating no claims bonuses .... in the event of a claim would the premium increase & if so how & when would the premium increase be calculated?

Also if choosing to insure with Club 4x4 & leaving a previous insurer where a rating one no claims bonus was held .... if the policy holder chose not to renew after having had a claim free term with Club 4x4 - would Club 4x4 be able/willing to provide the necessary info to a person’s new insurer in order that that person could return to a rating one no claims bonus?

Thanks.
    G'day Cuppa,

Valid question and i get it a fair bit. The reason why we didn't decide to implement the "No Claim Bonus" concept was because it really had become a bit of a farce. It's incredibly easy to get approved for a maximum and to be honest it's hardly believable that an insurer give you a 6/70% discount on the base rate anymore.

The questions we ask about claims history are what help us determine the risk posed by each driver, and consequently, the price we will charge. This is why its vital that all information provided is 100% accurate.

Now, if you were to want to go back to a vanilla insurer and they require a letter stating your claims history while with us, we'd be more than happy to provide that for you.

Hope that helps

Kal

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,318 Times in 6,442 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Hey Kallen, you need to have a chat with Pat Callinan about the 2017 calendar that came with the mag subscription last week. 10 of the 12 months are yotas and only 1 Patrol month! Not good enough!! And that's the only thing I've got to complain about so life's not too bad really!
    Haha Plassy! My calendar went straight in the bin.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (23rd November 2016), Woof (24th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,007 Times in 3,401 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Haha Plassy! My calendar went straight in the bin.
    Mine too haha

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

mudski (24th November 2016), Woof (24th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 4x4 View Post
    G'day Cuppa,

Valid question and i get it a fair bit. The reason why we didn't decide to implement the "No Claim Bonus" concept was because it really had become a bit of a farce. It's incredibly easy to get approved for a maximum and to be honest it's hardly believable that an insurer give you a 6/70% discount on the base rate anymore.

The questions we ask about claims history are what help us determine the risk posed by each driver, and consequently, the price we will charge. This is why its vital that all information provided is 100% accurate.

Now, if you were to want to go back to a vanilla insurer and they require a letter stating your claims history while with us, we'd be more than happy to provide that for you.

Hope that helps

Kal
    Thanks Kal, I have no intention to quit Club 4x4. I am interested in what the impact of making a claim is likely to be upon a renewal premium though.

Cheers
    Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Thanks Kal, I have no intention to quit Club 4x4. I am interested in what the impact of making a claim is likely to be upon a renewal premium though.

Cheers
    Cuppa
    Hard to tell mate.

If you were to make a claim you will generally see an increase in premium. Under the no claim bonus concept you would supposedly see a 10% increase, not sure it'd be the case.

The increase will be dictated by the type and number of claims made during the policy period.

Hard to give you figures though, hopefully you never have to find out!

Cheers

Kal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wamt to review my insuramce...
    How do i find out how much it will be for me?
    Cheers

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,318 Times in 6,442 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Daddy View Post
    Just wamt to review my insuramce...
    How do i find out how much it will be for me?
    Cheers
    Get onto Jackson. He helped me out...
    contactus@club4x4.com.au

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 4x4 View Post
    Hard to tell mate.

If you were to make a claim you will generally see an increase in premium. Under the no claim bonus concept you would supposedly see a 10% increase, not sure it'd be the case.

The increase will be dictated by the type and number of claims made during the policy period.

Hard to give you figures though, hopefully you never have to find out!

Cheers

Kal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mmm looks like I'm going to find out!
    Cheers
    Macca

13. The Following User Says Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

Woof (24th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)