Thread: Auspecial's GQ

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    What sort of 'adapter' are you getting for the fuel return line? I would have thought there would be a return line required right back to the tank?
    Its just a rubber hose adaptor, so going: tb42 chassis hardline > tb42 fuel hose > adaptor > td42 fuel hose > td42 fuel filter hardlines. Now found out I need one from the injector pump return also :| Back to Enzed I go.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyboyjr4 View Post
    I've got this for fuse references, pulled that off of Google:

As for what Nissan used, I'll check my Haynes manual tonight as I can't find a wiring diagram that shows the glow plug circuit on here.
    Looks the good, I got a 100amp fuse and 4awg wire so that should sort it. Tried to kick it over just now but nothing on the starter. I was really hoping for no electrical gremlins.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well its finally done and I am out on the road, quite an experience. I am glad I did it but won't be rushing to do it again it took me a long time. I am no expert when it comes to working on cars though and this is easily the biggest project I have ever undertaken.
    I had some minor issues getting it all buttoned up, primarily finding a suitable wire to use for my fuel cut solenoid on the injector pump. I probed around with my multi-meter to find a wire that was 12V when in ON and START ending up finding one that was right near
    the injector pump as part of the large amount of wires used for the efi system. What I failed to check is that this wire had enough amps to switch the solenoid (it didn't). I ended up using the wire that goes to the coil on the other side of the engine bay. Some things
    left to do is. Wire up fuel, temp and tacho gauges. Tidy up existing unused wires from the efi system. Install my fancy new Stedi LED headlights. Swap over the suspension from the old rig. Then hoping to turbo it in my break at the end of the year.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Auspecial For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (7th August 2019), MB (7th August 2019), PeeBee (7th August 2019), Rossco (7th August 2019)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I would give this thread of a general update of what I'm doing with the car. Good for me to look back on in the future. The patrol had been leaking oil more and more severely and I diagnosed it as a rear main seal, when I installed the rear main during the swap I noticed that I had marked the rubber lightly but I thought it would be okay as it was on the non oil side. Anyway given the current state of events and not having a job I decided to do it this weekend. Friday ripped most of the accessories out, Saturday got the engine out and the seal swapped over, with the ingenuity of a mate to make a tool to press the seal in straight this time. Sunday morning got the engine back in and lined up on the mounts, then had the arvo off. Finally on Monday got all the bit and bobs back on and she started up first go. Some notes from the experience:
    • Need new engine mount bolts, the threads aren't looking 100%.
    • Getting the engine lined up to the bellhousing and engine mounts was more painful than I remembered.
    • Need a new coolant and heater hose kit, mine are a big haggard.

It's kinda a shame I went to all this trouble just to do the rear main when I was planning on bolting a turbo on soon and it would have been nice to do that while the engine was out, but corona times call for corona measures.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Auspecial For This Useful Post:

10G (19th May 2020)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also can a mod please change the name of this thread to Auspecial's GQ

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auspecial View Post
    Also can a mod please change the name of this thread to Auspecial's GQ
    Hi mate, just pm @MudRunnerTD or @Woof

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123