OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1380 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 3808801280133013701378137913801381138213901430 ... LastLast
Results 13,791 to 13,800 of 14480

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can setup two form factor authentication with any banking transaction types you like too, this is the most secure way of keeping your money safe

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, safety can have a double sided sword though. Years ago the ANZ FALCON cut off my card when i was working FIFO after I bought 2 beers at the wet mess for $8 or whatever, and then it was my shout so the next round was about $80. I got the suspicious warning text, and rang them straight away. Kevin in Bombay would not accept the justification and the card was cancelled. i still had to get home with taxis and meals/accom after the roster - no problem said Kevin, you can go to your nearest branch and we will send a card there within 5 working days - well fabulous, nearest is Mt Isa, 3hrs by road, or Townsville, and my flights arrive and leave out of hours - Oh well, we can't help you, but you are protected - Yeah, thanks for that Kevin. Luckily one of the boys had a lazy $500 on him so it was cash all the way. I now have the double authentication set up but still fear Kev and his bird will still strike in the future.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (9th October 2021), Winnie (8th October 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody builders. We moved into our current home 16 yrs ago, built by a brother pair of electrician and builder. Knox Council has rolled out a mandatory pool safety inspection, rolling over every 4 yrs. This is the first inspection since we moved in. The pool area is protected by sliding doors with mechanical latches and counterweights. Its a simple robust system, however the doors must auto close and lock from fully open, half open, 1/4 open and then with the door sitting on the latch/tang. So, took a bit of time to get them 100% functional, booked the inspection, $486. Guy turns up 7 hrs late for the appointment to assess the doors. Every self closer worked 100%, he could not believe how good they were. Then he pulled out his tape measure.
    Every single door latch is too low, totally illegal and non compliant - all must be lifted - by a minimum of 12mm in one case. The standard is 1500mm off the finished floor level. The DH builder set the latch heights at maybe close to 1500mm then laid the tiles, so some were not even at the regulation height before the tiles went on. Three big glass and wood doors now have to be reworked to lift the latches, including a standard wet access door into a toilet, again, 30mm too low. The latch cut-outs are big and its going to take hours to resolve, before the cut off of Nov 1. Added to that, he added additional door handles to allow the doors to be opened more easily. The assessment was the door handles need to also be removed so they cant be used as a climbing point.
    Then he measures the actual glass /wooden edging width on the doors - tempered glass doors, and they are illegal as well, ledge cant be more than 10mm to stop kids using the ledge to climb up on, and the frame cant be any higher than 100mm above the track, another non compliance. All this was supposedly built and compliant with the regs in 1993, and signed off at the time of construction. the solution for the ledges is to install some 45 deg angle pieces onto the ledges, as a compromise, he actually wanted 60 deg.

Not happy, doors are going to need at ton of effort and then have to be patched up as well. Too expensive to replace as well. I hope this does not happen with the new build.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (13th October 2021), mudnut (13th October 2021), mudski (13th October 2021)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Phil we don’t even have a pool fence right now and we are to be inspected early November. We need to get our paving done first which won’t be done probably until late November. Gonna be fun when they turn up.
    Plus we haven’t gotten our building certificate yet as we still need to get two hard wired smoke alarms in and a water tank installed as per council request. But can’t due to Covid. We are already a month overdue with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (13th October 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Phil we don’t even have a pool fence right now and we are to be inspected early November. We need to get our paving done first which won’t be done probably until late November. Gonna be fun when they turn up.
    Plus we haven’t gotten our building certificate yet as we still need to get two hard wired smoke alarms in and a water tank installed as per council request. But can’t due to Covid. We are already a month overdue with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can understand your timing issues, but mine is simply poor substandard workmanship and then certification docs you would not wrap your fish and chips in. IF a child had reached up and activated the doors because the latches were too low, the situation could have been tragic. The inspector was practical, fair and pragmatic, however bottom line is, the installation is non compliant and must be fixed. in some regards we dodged a bullet for the last 16 yrs, not of our knowledge. The rectification work is really going to be challenging as the doors have extensive undercutting and rebates for the latching system. Bugger me, just get sick of the problem stuff.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudski (13th October 2021)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    I can understand your timing issues, but mine is simply poor substandard workmanship and then certification docs you would not wrap your fish and chips in. IF a child had reached up and activated the doors because the latches were too low, the situation could have been tragic. The inspector was practical, fair and pragmatic, however bottom line is, the installation is non compliant and must be fixed. in some regards we dodged a bullet for the last 16 yrs, not of our knowledge. The rectification work is really going to be challenging as the doors have extensive undercutting and rebates for the latching system. Bugger me, just get sick of the problem stuff.
    Yep I can see you anger. We have an issue with our current reno, thanks to our builder and his lack of giving a fuck, that we are going to rectify our selves and we will be out of pocket a fair bit. We can argue this and force the builder back to fix it but we are at the point we don't want any trade to set foot in our place for a bloody long time. Haha!

Just another little annoyance in life mate. We'll get over it, and be ready for the next one.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (13th October 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    phil, text me some pics mate, i might be able to rework it for you to suit. can also produce the 60deg bevel u need
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

mudski (13th October 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    phil, text me some pics mate, i might be able to rework it for you to suit. can also produce the 60deg bevel u need
    Will do tomorrow Nic, you are welcome to the work, cash all the way, its going to do my head in with the current deadlines and workload. I will flick some over soon. Thanks for the offer.

Texts just sent.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 13th October 2021 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mudski if he didn’t give a fuck the 1st time around he certainly isn’t going to if you get him back , I know I’d want someone to be held accountable for their bad workmanship but sometimes it’s not worth the drama ,your word of mouth about his shitty workmanship will be good enough

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (13th October 2021)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    @mudski if he didn’t give a fuck the 1st time around he certainly isn’t going to if you get him back , I know I’d want someone to be held accountable for their bad workmanship but sometimes it’s not worth the drama ,your word of mouth about his shitty workmanship will be good enough
    We're not getting him back mate. We actually had the issue "repaired" by a "professional" aswell, all paid for by the builder, and its no better. You live and learn. Trust no one. I was asked by a neighbors and people just randomly walking past our place if they could recommend the builder, a hard no was the response. The overall build is great, we love what we now have, no regrets, apart from our choice in builder lol, it just the unnecessary stress that we had to endure.

Not to mention the bank STILL giving us grief, because of quotes on everything we had to get for the bank, pre covid, now being different. The bank just can't get their head around this and things had changed during the build process. Would NOT recommend Macquarie for a construction loan. EVER!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (14th October 2021)

Page 1380 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 3808801280133013701378137913801381138213901430 ... LastLast