OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1147 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 14764710471097113711451146114711481149115711971247 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,470 of 14473

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguwesty View Post
    Soooooooo.
    Head come off today.
    Tests confirmed it was gas in coolent.
    Gasket looks ok.
    So heads off to be pressure tested and crack tested.
    Exhaust manifold warped and egr pipe had a hairline crack in it too...

On an up side the pistons and bores look great, glow plugs are great and no sign of bad injection spray....
    But still pissed.
    103*** on it..
    Think itll be up for sale once fixed....
    Why sell it after all the hard work has been done?
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    Yeah I was wondering that as well.

I reckon if you get something else, it's just a matter of time before something on that needs fixing. No vehicle is perfect. The only way I reckon you can limit your grief is to just fix stuff when it breaks and replace stuff with stuff that is better than the broken stuff.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (17th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,611 Times in 3,108 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    What's next then, a nice D4D Prado?
    Fk that dont want to downgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Kallen, share your sorrow, mine not quite as crap.

Last week, trip up to ecpt to attend to needs of myCRD, fit procharge stage 3 turbo to replace stock, as squeal noise happening and thought it was comp whl against housing. Took along new exhaust manifold gasket for install as so far in anyway.

Yeh, exhaust manifold shield hx hd bolt rounded off trying to remove, running out of shop time so left manifold as looking ok. Installed turbo and fired it up and bugrrrr noise still there, strip down again (2 failed exhaust manifold studs) easy out the broken studs and 3mm machine off mating face, then all back together again $$$$$$. And cracked egr pipe, but mine blocked both ends..HaHa
    Need more work to achieve improved low down torque (Big exhaust wheel bit laggy low down).

Hey do you know what the CRD stock turbo actuator inches of mercury (vac) to hold lever up against stop? , doing adjustment to actuator rod length (reducing) to keep veins closed longer to bring spool and boost on around 1800-1900rpm, Getting improvements as I play with actuator, boost 21psi @ 2000 rpm, max B 23psi @ 2250rpm / max 150rwhp & 370 N-m. Posted up story on ZD warriors but no feedback yet...
    Sorry mate I have NFI. But hopefully someone can help you on the zd page
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    Yeah I was wondering that as well.

I reckon if you get something else, it's just a matter of time before something on that needs fixing. No vehicle is perfect. The only way I reckon you can limit your grief is to just fix stuff when it breaks and replace stuff with stuff that is better than the broken stuff.
    Trust is gone.
    But it probably wont be sold.
    6 months ago we had a good amount of disposable income so repair was a go if needed.
    However now it's not as flush so cant really afford a new engine.. luckily mine is still under warranty for 6 more months..
    Also I thought a new colarado was within reach with some mates rates and a private sale with a small loan but alas that wont happen either..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Bidja (18th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had that with mine - warped manifold - local machine shop machined it , id already blocked EGR on drivers side as easier to get at but while manifold etc was off I blocked the other side - I figured it was still getting pressurised as it was blocked at other end so could potentially still crack & whistle .....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

Bidja (18th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @bigguwesty. Check out the oil consumption of this bloke's Colarado. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyzhI_3P_Hg and sadly this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CJRY6UdOgQ
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (19th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bigguwesty. Check out the oil consumption of this bloke's Colarado. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyzhI_3P_Hg and sadly this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CJRY6UdOgQ
    Interesting and confusing ,noticed the guy who reviews cars paying out on Holden and then picks the Colorado in the top three ute category in oz ,also the Ranger got the nod but I'm sure their past 27 recalls so reliability would be a big question there .
    No way I would spend $50+K on a new fourby piece of crap designed to spend more time being fixed at the dealer than on the road , I'd rather spend the $$$ on modifying a mint early GU .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Son was just saying their fleet Colorados use two litres of oil per 1000 kilometres and have been told it's normal which sounds like typical dealer speak for every problem .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    Had that with mine - warped manifold - local machine shop machined it , id already blocked EGR on drivers side as easier to get at but while manifold etc was off I blocked the other side - I figured it was still getting pressurised as it was blocked at other end so could potentially still crack & whistle .....
    Yeh, good idea to block both ends, for exactly that reason.

I blocked mine only at exhaust manifold first, but read somewhere that if that the EGR assy water jacket failed, there is a likely hood of water being sucked into inlet manifold. Not likely with good ECU remap and turning off egr function but rather be safe than sorry. I also wondered if the open orifice at exhaust manifold could cause turbulence and impact on exhaust gas flow in dump pipe. Maybe only theatrical but I won't be doing any wind tunnel experiment to find out as I don't have to... lol)
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Thanks
    Thanked 4,611 Times in 3,108 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Interesting and confusing ,noticed the guy who reviews cars paying out on Holden and then picks the Colorado in the top three ute category in oz ,also the Ranger got the nod but I'm sure their past 27 recalls so reliability would be a big question there .
    No way I would spend $50+K on a new fourby piece of crap designed to spend more time being fixed at the dealer than on the road , I'd rather spend the $$$ on modifying a mint early GU .
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Son was just saying their fleet Colorados use two litres of oil per 1000 kilometres and have been told it's normal which sounds like typical dealer speak for every problem .
    Well my brother is the local WS manager so can get a good price.
    But he and dad have one which both have been issue free for the first 100k.
    My new work ute is also a colarado and it's a 1t ute so rough but dam they pull hard..
    About 8lph and not a drop used in the first 10 thou I've had it lol.

Anyway wont be happening now
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pretty much the same old story IMHO.

"If you search the Internet for neg reviews on any product from A to Z you are guaranteed to find them"
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (22nd May 2018)

Page 1147 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 14764710471097113711451146114711481149115711971247 ... LastLast