User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New project.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't paint the rails yet as I hit a bit of a roadblock, contrary to the info I had and what is now glaringliy obvious the wagon chassis has no tray mounts so I need to get some welded on. This turns out to be a bit of a positive opportunity as I now have the chance to brace the chassis.

A quick chat with PSR (great to deal with and happy to share knowledge) and a bit of kit is on its way, looks to be substantial. I also ordered a rear coil tower brace kit, it's just to easy to get it done now. The added bonus was PSR have free freight this month! The links below show the kits I ordered.

Can anyone else think or recommend anywhere else to brace while I'm at it? It will be a bit of an all round ute, farm, outback touring and hitting the occasional track.

https://www.performancesuspension.co...ernal-heavy-du

https://www.performancesuspension.co...-rear-internal

https://www.performancesuspension.co...il-tower-brace

I also spoke to Big O 4x4 in SA about bracing the top of the inner guards and the triangle brace where the inner guard attaches to the firewall, the bloke there who is a bit of a champ told me I don't need it as the early Utes already had a full length horizontal brace and a triangle guard firewall brace, the guards are still on the ute but I could see the horizontal brace through the old snorkel hole.
    In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Family4x4 For This Useful Post:

MB TD42 (12th May 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

Family4x4 (9th May 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    My kit components fitted like a glove. Absolutely spot on forming and profiles. I think that @Rossco did some bracing of the triangular box section on the front guards when he did the body swap. PSR gear is a great product, I need to call them Monday about a custom brace for the external pass side chassis to mirror the unit they supplied for the inside of the rail - exhaust from conversion is too close to fit so I need external plating instead - I am confident they will have a solution.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Family4x4 (9th May 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @mudnut and @PeeBee, I have read through a fair chunk of your build PB...you are a more patient man than I....

So my PSR kits turned up and my brother in-law who I sold the diesel hilux to for $300 is just finding out why he got it so cheap....he was a sheet metal worker at one time in his life so pretty handy on the welder...

A big shout out to PSR if anyone is thinking about using their gear all great quality and as advertised. I did need to drill a few holes for brake and fuel line mounts but that was easy enough. They did leave one tray mount out of my order (they gave me two rear left and no rear right) , we noticed this at about midday on Thursday...a quick call and the mix up was resolved...the mount was in my hand at Midday Friday...bloody good service considering it's going from QLD to country Vic.

I was also given a heads up on some sliders which I scored for a bargain thanks mate....and managed to pick up some fox shocks which will be rebuilt over the next little while.

Will get some black paint on the brace plates in the next few days and then start on tidying up the GU rear diff I have to go in next week.

IMG_2873.JPG

IMG_2874.JPG

IMG_2872.JPG

IMG_2871.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

IMG_2869.JPG
    In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Family4x4 For This Useful Post:

mudnut (23rd May 2020), mudski (23rd May 2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123