OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1313 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 31381312131263130313111312131313141315132313631413 ... LastLast
Results 13,121 to 13,130 of 14478

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My current issues seem minor to others but I need to vent...

Trying to organise doors and windows for the extension. In a nutshell, what the law states and what to building inspector is telling us we have to do is two different things and he's pretty much said he has the final word. But what he wants is unreasonable and damn impossible to achieve. E.g. we have a large 3plus metre bi bold door which folds to outside when you open it. This inspector says me must have a fire resistant fly screen fitted to the outside of the door frame. Any half smart person would know this is impossible to achieve, but this guy says its how it has to be. There is other issues he's brought up with the windows but this is so fecking stupid....

So we are at a stalemate here. If we go by the book, he won't pass it. Guess we have to bring VCAT or someone in now. More shit to deal with.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Bugger mate sorry to hear. Are you out of work or looking for a change?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Late last year I moved from a full-time supervisor roll to a casual trade assistant position to start a change of career. First time I'd been casual in about 18 years. 4 months later covid struck and I was out on my arse... Along with wave after wave of people in the same situation looking for the same jobs. I keep getting told I'm exactly what they're looking for or I was right up there.
    For one position I was even told I interviewed better than the other bloke.
    It's hard to remain positive.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    Hello from Under Down Under!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

mudnut (10th November 2020), pearcey (10th November 2020), Rossco (10th November 2020), rusty_nail (10th November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post

Trying to organise doors and windows for the extension. In a nutshell, what the law states and what to building inspector is telling us we have to do is two different things and he's pretty much said he has the final word. But what he wants is unreasonable and damn impossible to achieve. E.g. we have a large 3plus metre bi bold door which folds to outside when you open it. This inspector says me must have a fire resistant fly screen fitted to the outside of the door frame. Any half smart person would know this is impossible to achieve, but this guy says its how it has to be. There is other issues he's brought up with the windows but this is so fecking stupid....

So we are at a stalemate here. If we go by the book, he won't pass it. Guess we have to bring VCAT or someone in now. More shit to deal with.
    Call me mate

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Late last year I moved from a full-time supervisor roll to a casual trade assistant position to start a change of career. First time I'd been casual in about 18 years. 4 months later covid struck and I was out on my arse... Along with wave after wave of people in the same situation looking for the same jobs. I keep getting told I'm exactly what they're looking for or I was right up there.
    For one position I was even told I interviewed better than the other bloke.
    It's hard to remain positive.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    I get it mate, been fighting through an apprenticeship for the last 3 years and yeah I'm only two years through it. Just had to put it on hold again unfortunately due to the missus being made redundant but it is what it is.
    I've had plenty of great opportunities for work, including with an awesome dude (@mb) but they weren't the way I wanted to head my career. I get struggling through it, and you will make it through to what you actualy want Mate. Good luck bro

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (11th November 2020), taslucas (11th November 2020)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post

Does that mean you legally have to have a fly screen?? I don't know anything about that, but I'd be very surprised if that was the case. Would he pass it if you had no flyscreen at all?

I always thought flyscreens were an accessory item.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,097 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    Does that mean you legally have to have a fly screen?? I don't know anything about that, but I'd be very surprised if that was the case. Would he pass it if you had no flyscreen at all?

I "think" it has something to do with regulations handed down since the black Saturday.
    Fire prone areas have some kind of a requirement when it comes to doors etc ...
    This is from memory after speaking to a bloke about it living up in Kinglake a while ago ...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I "think" it has something to do with regulations handed down since the black Saturday.
    Fire prone areas have some kind of a requirement when it comes to doors etc ...
    This is from memory after speaking to a bloke about it living up in Kinglake a while ago ...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I don't doubt you Hodge, but surely a weatherproof lockable, fireproof door would be all that's required. Is the thinking that a fireproof fly wire door will stop your real door from burning down? Someone's wrong somewhere.

What if you don't want a fly wire door, are you asked to fit one? Bloody little Hitlers.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post

Yes. And they must be fitted externally. As Hodge has said, after Black Saturday, a lot of rules and regs were revisited and changed. So after many hours today of calling and reading (lucky its a quiet morning at work) I have found out that the window company mistakenly gave us the old rule sheet, prior to 2009, ugh. Slightly different rules. So yep we have to externally fit a fly screen to the outside.
    This brings up a whole new set of issues.
    1. The bi-fold will have to be made to fold inside, not outside.
    2. The flyscreens conventionally used on bi-folds, concertina on themselves when you open it. Not like the usual framed screen that slides. Issue here, is the concertina screens are NOT BAL 12.5 rated as they are made from fibreglass. The screens must be made from stainless or aluminum.

So a framed screen looks to be our only choice. Which I definitely do NOT want. It will be pointless off having bi folds then.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy mate install for inspection then remove

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matfew For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (11th November 2020), Rossco (11th November 2020)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even easier, don't install one, then install what you want post inspection. That's the tack I'd take.

Page 1313 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 31381312131263130313111312131313141315132313631413 ... LastLast