Thread: MELBOURNE WEATHER BBRRrrrrrrrrr

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,685 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    140mm in the gauge out here last 12 hrs - its moist!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How ya all doin' over in the east? About a third of my kid's shed went MIA this morning! We haven't had power since before daybreak, either. Running the old gennie to keep the fridge, aquarium, and internet going. Lucky we have a wood fireplace.

Edit: power back at 4:30. Certainly makes keeping Australian Rainbowfish alive, interesting!!
    Last edited by mudnut; 8th September 2023 at 06:59 PM.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

AB (8th September 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    How ya all doin' over in the east? About a third of my kid's shed went MIA this morning! We haven't had power since before daybreak, either. Running the old gennie to keep the fridge, aquarium, and internet going. Lucky we have a wood fireplace.

Edit: power back at 4:30. Certainly makes keeping Australian Rainbowfish alive!!
    Power on and a warm pug lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (8th September 2023), mudnut (8th September 2023), Rossco (8th September 2023)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As long as the pug is warm, all is right with the world.
    Last edited by mudnut; 9th September 2023 at 06:38 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

AB (9th September 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,920 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here power still on and Jack Russell scored best seat in the house . . .20230908_195511.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

AB (9th September 2023), mudnut (8th September 2023), Touses (9th September 2023), Winnies-missus (10th September 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,038 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

AB (26th December 2023), mudnut (25th December 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    it made for any interesting chrissy day for sure
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

AB (26th December 2023), mudnut (27th December 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    it made for any interesting chrissy day for sure
    Yep, obviously nothing like our banana bender family up north have experienced but I spent Christmas so far clearing up crap.

New driveway I just fixed up gone for starters lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

mudnut (27th December 2023), rusty_nail (26th January 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A message recently received from a friend who lives between Mossman & Daintree Village in FNQ on a 100 acre rainforest property. He & his wife are in their mid 60's. Names changed to protect privacy.

Hi All, Today is the first time I have had access to the internet since just before Cyclone Jasper made landfall. We survived the impact of the Cyclone extremely well with our newly purchased power supply kicking in very early on and keeping us functioning. The flood levels were quite modest but made it impossible to get off the property and we had begun a general clean-up around the house. However because we did not have any communications at all we had no idea that Jasper had not moved over and past us and that biblical levels of rain were heading our way. So Sunday night at about 11.00pm the water levels began to rise from modest levels to something very scary (we ended up with flood levels 2m higher than ever before). We worked hard for an hour or so to keep our valuables up as high as possible but once the water level inside the house reached our waist we new we had to get the canoe and paddle over to our cottage (about 130m away) and rescue Fred our 81 year old tenant. After spending a bit of time sheltering under the cover of our veranda and watching the water constantly rising we decided to paddle back past the cottage and up the hill. We have a small shelter there and knew that it would be above the floodwaters. I managed to get everyone safely there and we sheltered there but I started to worry about our chooks so I paddled back to the house to rescue as many as I could of our 5 chickens. Managed to recover 3 but they were very cold and when I got back to June and Fred I handed them one each and we tried to warm them up with our meagre body heat. (I found another one at first light. So 4 of our five chooks survived). At first light I began the process of getting us off the property and to safety. I paddled on my own for the first trip and once I had made it out to dry land on the Daintree-Mossman road I met up with new neighbours Julie and Ian (They have recently bought the Hotel but live 1K down the road) Ian offered to look after June so I paddled back and loaded our small amount of gear into the canoe and we paddled back out and dropped her off. The water levels were dropping so the journey back to pick up Fred was an ordeal and took a bit of time but I did get there and organised to get him loaded up. He wanted to take way too much gear and we capsized twice before we even began the journey. It was a nightmare paddling out to the top of the driveway with Fred not able to offer much help. We managed to get within 30 meters of dry land when we capsized once again. This time in deep water with little hope of bailing out the canoe and getting back in. So I turned the canoe upside down to provide Fred with something to hang onto while I swam for help. June in the mean time was getting terribly worried about how long I was taking so sent Ian out in his Polaris. I met him on the road and with some extra lengths of rope and Julie's help we managed to swim out to Fred and winch him to safety but not before I cramped up and went down almost one time too many. If it hadn't be for Ian quickly grabbing me I would not have made it. So after a very long post (sorry about that) we are all safe and now trying to cope with the recovery phase.
    Last edited by Cuppa; 28th December 2023 at 05:29 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Touses (29th December 2023)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Queensland, The sunshine state! That would have been an absolutely harrowing ordeal. Glad your friends made it out, Cuppa.
    Last edited by mudnut; 28th December 2023 at 09:13 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (29th December 2023)

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast