Thread: Photobucket image replacement success

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    If you send me the photos I can load them, they may be to big to email but if you load them on this thread I can drag them off.
    Thanks TPC, had a go at downloading off PB but seemed to be taking a long time or was doing nothing at all.

Images I upload to the net, forums & photo sharing sites are all resized down to 1000 wide for Landscape & 600 high for Portrait, so images are rarely over 500 kilobytes in size each. This takes up less storage space but the images still have good quality, are quick to upload & don`t use much of your data. All the images Iv`e used on this forum have been that size. Might be something other members might look at doing. Windows Paint can be used to resize images.

I only used photobucket for a couple of months then went to Flickr. Now that the forum allows larger images I will upload straight to the forum from now on.

Anyway, here are the missing images

Storms - 1st & 3rd

IMGP6263.JPG

IMGP4481.JPG

Outback Waterways

IMGP1893.JPG

Monuments

IMGP0581.JPG
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VK2FMIA For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (24th April 2018), GQtdauto (24th April 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Andy @AB

I've just received an email from Flickr advising that they are going to be acquired by SmugMug and I have until 25 May to remove or delete my pictures if I don't don't want to transfer to SmugMug.
    Not sure if this is going to cause the same issues as we had with Photobucket as all my pics are on Flickr.

Here's the link: https://www.smugmug.com/about/terms-flickr

Cheers
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

AB (24th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Hey Andy @AB

I've just received an email from Flickr advising that they are going to be acquired by SmugMug and I have until 25 May to remove or delete my pictures if I don't don't want to transfer to SmugMug.
    Not sure if this is going to cause the same issues as we had with Photobucket as all my pics are on Flickr.

Here's the link: https://www.smugmug.com/about/terms-flickr

Cheers
    Oh dear ..... that is sounding worrying. Most of the photos in the 'past winners' thread of the photo comp here are on Flickr (as a small example of the impact if they 'do a photobucket'). From one brief look through an article (https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-yahoo-breakup) - "SmugMug said no changes would be made to Flickr’s current plans or rates: “Flickr’s free accounts are foundational to its community of influential and engaged photographers.” ........ lets hope so, but nevertheless ... uncertain times.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    looking at the site it appears that there may not be a free option.

"Basic $3.99/mo Billed annually. Save 33%! Or $5.99 monthly. Plus Any Applicable Taxes"

It would appear that nearly everything is goin to a "rental" option now.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Oh dear ..... that is sounding worrying. Most of the photos in the 'past winners' thread of the photo comp here are on Flickr (as a small example of the impact if they 'do a photobucket'). From one brief look through an article (https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-yahoo-breakup) - "SmugMug said no changes would be made to Flickr’s current plans or rates: “Flickr’s free accounts are foundational to its community of influential and engaged photographers.” ........ lets hope so, but nevertheless ... uncertain times.
    We have already lost 4 of the past winners photos because of Photobucket, I have just saved the others to my computer incase we need to reload them.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (24th April 2018), MudRunnerTD (24th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gents. After the Photobucket debacle we put a system in place to download all external images to our server here on NP.

Let's see if it's still working.

Does anyone know of a photo on the forum that was from Flickr I can look at please?

Just a link to the thread would be great please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Gents. After the Photobucket debacle we put a system in place to download all external images to our server here on NP.

Let's see if it's still working.

Does anyone know of a photo on the forum that was from Flickr I can look at please?

Just a link to the thread would be great please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This thread is still a photo bucket issue, maybe photo's that we never could get back? Photo's from VK2FMIA

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...cs-amp-Winners
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 24th April 2018 at 04:35 PM.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some cracking photos in there!

Yeah I was more asking for any photos that were shown here from Flickr so I can check if the new plugin is working properly.

If anyone knows of a photo shown on the forum that was from Flickr if they can please show me the link to the post that would be great!

The PB issue is out of my control unless the owner of the account can download all of their photos and the folder structure and give them to me, otherwise I cannot do anything.

Long story short the plugin goes through the forum periodically and gets the images that are not referenced from the forum itself, downloads it to forum server and references photo from forum server.

I excluded any images from Photobucket otherwise it will download the PB image and permanently show the below.

We fixed Darren's and Winnies photos.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (24th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post 12 here was put on using Flickr

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...TIONS%92/page2

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

AB (24th April 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent, thanks Tony!

So good news, moving forward Flickr and any 3rd party image site you use to put images (reference images) from to our forum does not matter.

The forum grabs those images from those sites, downloads it here and its ours!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (24th April 2018), jack (24th April 2018), TPC (24th April 2018)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast