Thread: Car stuck in 4H/4L

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzaboy View Post
    I'm glad your getting it sorted, but how the hell is that not warranty on a two year on vehicle? Bloody Nissan warranty! I'm surprised their still in business these days.
    Because he went offroad and did some water crossings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't tell mr Nissan it went off road, and I do live on a dirt road that is constantly muddy, not covered by warranty due to water in the rubber boot, the part they need is not in Australia, at least they got it back in 2H for me,

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the part they need is not in Australia, at least they got it back in 2H for me,
    What a surprise. My works vehicles over the last two years have had, Kia injector pump-Singapore, Exhaust system-Korea, Merc Vito window switch-ebay, turbo, none in Aus so had a rebuild done in Qld, gearbox-Singapore. The closest part was an electric window winder from Adelaide for the Kia.
    Sorry about the hijack, hope they get it in soon for you and you can get back on/off road.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThefattymattymkII View Post
    I didn't tell mr Nissan it went off road, and I do live on a dirt road that is constantly muddy, not covered by warranty due to water in the rubber boot, the part they need is not in Australia, at least they got it back in 2H for me,
    Well wouldn't the rubber boot be the part that failed under warranty?
    Graham

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the tools, and no need for 4x4, you could consider taking out front driveshaft to avoid annoying the truckies - if it ever happens again!
    Try different dealers - I'm not entirely sure they can all see each others' stock levels. It may be Holden I'm thinking of here tho'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12