Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,097 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Aircon Idle / Adjustment question TD42Ti

Last time I had my car dyno tuned, the normal idle and A/C idle got f****d in the process. I've since had nissannewby help me adjust the normal idle, which was very very simple.
    However...
    The A/C idle is still absolutely shitting me! It's way too high, and I don't know how to adjust it... I thought I knew, but I was wrong. I honestly do not know where to look any more.
    Car idles 600-700 or there abouts. With A/C id jumps to 1100-1200. Too high.

I've had a look and cannot work it out. The picture below I've drawn a line along the accelerator wire... What operates the A/C, what makes it idle up??? I've followed that line all the way inside the car and direct to the accelerator pedal and there is nothing in between that drives it. For example no vacuum operated pump or anything.

So out of interest...
    There is a elec. plug on top of the pump. Circled in green picture below. Does this have something to do with it??? IF this is AC related can I just disconnect it ?
    Does the car really have to idle up to operate AC properly???

Any hints and tips are greatly appreciated

2005 TD42TI

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Hodge (18th February 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks NissanGQ4.2

I've had a look, and cannot see this "plastic screw" he was talking about ...
    2005 TD42TI

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (19th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was regulated by the plastic Doo hickey with a hook on it that's under the injector pump , mine is not connected though and still works so maybe it is the one you have circled .

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Im pretty sure your Ti setup would be the same as my T setup. They use a vacuum controller, it should be mounted up on the firewall somewhere. The vacuum controller will have an electric plug, just disconnect it. I dont even have it on my TD and when the a/c is on the rev drop is minimal, not enough to be concerned about.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Im pretty sure your Ti setup would be the same as my T setup. They use a vacuum controller, it should be mounted up on the firewall somewhere. The vacuum controller will have an electric plug, just disconnect it. I dont even have it on my TD and when the a/c is on the rev drop is minimal, not enough to be concerned about.
    This is how I imagined it to be. A vacuum controller tugging on the accel. cable a little bit to idle it up. But no.
    I tried to find it... But here is nothing the accelerator cable is attached to all the way from the pump to the pedal... Likewise, i cannot see any vacuum hoses on the pump.
    I could be wrong about this, but i did have a good look.
    2005 TD42TI

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @mudski

Does this look like the vacuum doodah like on hours ?
    I found that... Has a positive and negative .
    And has a vacuum line coming directly from the vacuum pump. And an outgoing vacuum line going to a diaphram under the injector pump but it's hard to tell whether it does anything.
    Would this be it ??

Sent from Note 5 using TapaPro
    2005 TD42TI

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, that's definitely not it ...or is it ?
    As soon as I disconnect the power to whatever that is, the revs go through the roof.

Sent from Note 5 using TapaPro
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine doesn't have an idle up and they work fine the TDs have more than enough to spin the compressor at idle. That's an option but won't be factory I guess not sure if that's a worry or not. There's a small line coming off the vac pump on the back of alternator which I'm pretty sure goes to the doovelacky on the firewall but as yours has engine mounted vac pump not sure if it will be same setup but might lead you in the right path hopefully, not sure if that doovelacky you found is it or not ? ?
    Yeah our work 79 series idles high as with the air con and is quite annoying - hate it . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Hodge (19th February 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Mine doesn't have an idle up and they work fine the TDs have more than enough to spin the compressor at idle. That's an option but won't be factory I guess not sure if that's a worry or not. There's a small line coming off the vac pump on the back of alternator which I'm pretty sure goes to the doovelacky on the firewall but as yours has engine mounted vac pump not sure if it will be same setup but might lead you in the right path hopefully, not sure if that doovelacky you found is it or not ? ?
    Yeah our work 79 series idles high as with the air con and is quite annoying - hate it . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Thanks Rossco.
    I just spent last few hours fiddling with it and poking around over a few cold ones.
    I figured out the thingamajig is in fact what controls the AC idle. Problem with mine initially was, when i disconnected it, the motor rev up beyond 2000rpm for some reason. It's had me stumped...
    But now it's settled down and with AC on, and that disconnected, the revs do not alter at all. Will just leave it like this until I figure out exactly how to amend the AC idle revs.
    2005 TD42TI

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Rossco (19th February 2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast