Thread: GU IV headlight upgrade

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU IV headlight upgrade

I want to upgrade the headlights on my 3lt GUIV but not sure about the best way to get into them. There is absolutely no way my hands will fit in behind them to get all 3 bulbs out. Has anyone taken the headlight assembly out, fitted new bulbs, and replaced the headlight successfully. The troublesome bulb is the indicator in the headlight (pic attached). I cant for the life of me get to it. What is the best way, and is it a T20 style globe?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a manual? the GUIII I Pull the hole indicator out. Maybe rip the headlight out. Will see what I can find for ya.
    YOU CANT POLISH A TURD.... BUT YOU CAN ROLL IT IN GLITTER.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I upgraded mine to HID with a 35 watt high/low kit i bought at JAYCAR for $119, the lights are great quality and awesome performance. As far as installing them or even just changing a regular bulb i found it was easier to take the front grill off which allows much better access.
    GUIV, Taipan Xp Worked ZD30, 2" OME, TJM bar work, Powerful rear bar, Triple bty, solar and heaps of custom stuff.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ben10 For This Useful Post:

GRA.GU (18th December 2011), MudRunnerTD (18th December 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how are you going with it 06STL . the earlier gu, the indicator assembly comes away from the headlight seperately . two screws and one snap/clip fitting . then its real easy to get to those globes .
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thread Dig

Hey guys. I have some new upgrade globes to fit to the GUIV. Does anyone have pics or know a thread that has details on getting it done.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove the grill, remove the 3 bolts that hold the light in place (bottom bolt is under a cover that you will need to also remove), light will now be able to be pulled forward allowing you to access the bulbs. That is how I got at my GU IV bulbs.
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimE For This Useful Post:

Hodge (28th September 2017), MudRunnerTD (28th September 2017)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Remove the grill, remove the 3 bolts that hold the light in place (bottom bolt is under a cover that you will need to also remove), light will now be able to be pulled forward allowing you to access the bulbs. That is how I got at my GU IV bulbs.
    That's exactly how I do my globes.
    No point playing Jap fingers . Takes 2 minutes to pull lights out. 10mm socket with extention. Done.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (28th September 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks gents. The grill is a bastard. Do I just need to move it forward a little or pull it out completely?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll need to pull it as far forward as you can to get at the bolts, my grill is simple to remove, "pop" the clips at the top with a flat screw driver blade and lever forward from the top and the bottom clips will "pop". Hopefully you don't have wires/cables running through the grill (driving light wiring or CB antenna cable), if you do then you will have fun

Just a note, removing and re installing the lights this way does not effect their adjustment.
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    You'll need to pull it as far forward as you can to get at the bolts, my grill is simple to remove, "pop" the clips at the top with a flat screw driver blade and lever forward from the top and the bottom clips will "pop". Hopefully you don't have wires/cables running through the grill (driving light wiring or CB antenna cable), if you do then you will have fun

Just a note, removing and re installing the lights this way does not effect their adjustment.
    Yes to all 3 damn it. Both lights and uhf running through the grill whixh is a bastard.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 29th September 2017 at 07:40 PM.