OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How the bleedin heck do you change oil filters?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have one, about 500klm till I have to change the oil so might get to fit it this change, you ripper.
    Keep an eye out for when youre ready
    Macca

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep no-worries Macca, I'll PM you when ready.

Cheers, Chicken

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oil Catch Tray

Quote Originally Posted by chicken View Post
    G'Day Fellas,
    Thankyou Mudrunner & paulthekelly for the word of mouth, appreciate it.

Great to see PK that your happy with it, and you feel its a usfull thing to have. Its made my life easier.

As MR sugested i come on here and say hello, so HELLO.

At the moment i have these made to suit the TD42 that have the same 2 oil filters, I'm still trying to get hold of a oil housing that has the 2 different oil filters, and once i have that, i will have them avaliable resonably quickly. (so if anyone has a housing that i'm after please let me know)

I currently have 60 of these nearly ready to go off and be electroplated, so within the next week or 2 i will have these ready to go, and will have them up for sale in the appropiate section

If anyone want to know any more about these feel free to PM me.

Cheers, Chicken
    Hi Chicken

I know this is an old post but are you still making these?

Thanks

Stephen West

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmjwest View Post
    Hi Chicken

I know this is an old post but are you still making these?

Thanks

Stephen West
    Hi Steve,

Yes it believe Chicken is still making them but he now works International FIFO, so he doesn't get allot of time. He never really got active here which is a shame but he is about. I have him on Facebook. You will find him there for sure.

He has developed them a little as it turned out the originals ones only fitted the GQ and he had to redesign them for the GU.

@Stropp and I were beta testers for his GU units and I have one fitted to both my GQ and my GU. The best bit of kit ever!.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Stropp (19th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Hi Steve,

Yes it believe Chicken is still making them but he now works International FIFO, so he doesn't get allot of time. He never really got active here which is a shame but he is about. I have him on Facebook. You will find him there for sure.

He has developed them a little as it turned out the originals ones only fitted the GQ and he had to redesign them for the GU.

@Stropp and I were beta testers for his GU units and I have one fitted to both my GQ and my GU. The best bit of kit ever!.
    Yes they are good however they don't work on some aftermarket starter motors
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th April 2017)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats the easy bit how do you get the oil filter out after you have un done it there is no room I think unbolting the inter cooler ! surely not .

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tip12345 View Post
    thats the easy bit how do you get the oil filter out after you have un done it there is no room I think unbolting the inter cooler ! surely not .
    Probably depends how big your hands are. I unbolt the fuel filter bracket & unclip & move a couple of vacuum lines out of the way & can then just have sufficient rom to lift the old filters out.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Tip12345 (4th August 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tip12345 View Post
    As Cuppa said, assuming you have a GU then unbolt the top of the Fuel filter bracket and move it out of the way and you will have a heap of room. I generally change the fuel filter while I'm there too. To remove the fuel filter unbolt the bracket, invert it and bolt it on upside down and you can lessen the full filter with ease
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

gubigfish (26th June 2017), Tip12345 (4th August 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    As Cuppa said, assuming you have a GU then unbolt the top of the Fuel filter bracket and move it out of the way and you will have a heap of room. I generally change the fuel filter while I'm there too. To remove the fuel filter unbolt the bracket, invert more and bolt it on upside down and you can lessen the full filter with ease
    That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification!
    Last edited by Josh Bowler; 13th October 2017 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bowler View Post
    That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification!
    are you happy now
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast