User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Cross Country Disappointment

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully I'll have a better run than you've had mate,not sure if I'm being optimistic or just stupid?😳

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys I know this is an old thread but has this issue with CC been resolved or have other members avoided them because if their issues I'm doing research into an intercooler for my GQ now so would like to know if CC have upped their game
    Thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my intercooler nearly a year ago now and I think it took about a month from placing the order. Once they told me it was ready and I had paid for it, I had it within a week.
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely wouldnt accept that, fight them all the way.
    I really cant see how they can justify there comments

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $1800 seems awfully steep for a top mount, I have priced up a full front mount kit 600x450 from HPD for $1500 dollars.
    Includes all pipes, bends, new inlet elbow, two smaller thermo fans and good quality hose clamps.
    Both my cousin and a good mate have had cc top mounts and both have since made the switch. Cousin even had his bonnet replaced after.
    Each to their own but I know which way I'm swaying
    2000 GU, TD42T, bullbar and roof racks, 2inch lift, winch, front and rear air lockers, 3inch Scotts rods dump and exhaust kit.....more to come!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,651 Times in 3,120 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potsy View Post
    $1800 seems awfully steep for a top mount, I have priced up a full front mount kit 600x450 from HPD for $1500 dollars.
    Includes all pipes, bends, new inlet elbow, two smaller thermo fans and good quality hose clamps.
    Both my cousin and a good mate have had cc top mounts and both have since made the switch. Cousin even had his bonnet replaced after.
    Each to their own but I know which way I'm swaying
    The CC cooler would be close to those dimensions.
    And that is part of the cost.
    The kit includes new scoop to suit your colour, cooler, new mounting bars, new pipe work etc etc..
    So really on cost point imo there woukd be more work involved in making new fiberglass scoops than suppling a few bends and a bit of pipe.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see where you're coming from "bigguwesty" I overlooked the other bits and pieces like scoop etc, but From the photos it looked like a smaller cooler like the original GU setup.
    Like I said each to their own I just wanted to mention HPD also as from what I've heard they have been great to deal with.
    I also have a pre intercooler GU so would like to keep the the bonnet in tact and cooler up front.
    We also had a lot of dramas trying to remove the scoop as a large number of the studs were spinning in the fibreglass but I guess most people are not going to be trying to remove it.
    2000 GU, TD42T, bullbar and roof racks, 2inch lift, winch, front and rear air lockers, 3inch Scotts rods dump and exhaust kit.....more to come!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Potsy For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (26th October 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potsy View Post
    I see where you're coming from "bigguwesty" I overlooked the other bits and pieces like scoop etc, but From the photos it looked like a smaller cooler like the original GU setup.
    Like I said each to their own I just wanted to mention HPD also as from what I've heard they have been great to deal with.
    I also have a pre intercooler GU so would like to keep the the bonnet in tact and cooler up front.
    We also had a lot of dramas trying to remove the scoop as a large number of the studs were spinning in the fibreglass but I guess most people are not going to be trying to remove it.
    Your spot on, everyone has their own way.
    Bit of a shit about your studs turning though.
    Cc do a smaller cooler that's more stock size, to be honest I have looked at prices.. they are all above my head atm..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,285 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguwesty View Post
    The CC cooler would be close to those dimensions.
    And that is part of the cost.
    The kit includes new scoop to suit your colour, cooler, new mounting bars, new pipe work etc etc..
    So really on cost point imo there woukd be more work involved in making new fiberglass scoops than suppling a few bends and a bit of pipe.
    If I was to do it again, I would use the Yota scoop. They look sexy! Yes it Yota I know, but damn! As for the intercooler, I have a mate who welds, erm stuff, for a living. He looked at the CC cooler I have and was impressed with the quality of the welding. A lotta fecking coin for a cooler but.

Have a look @jff45 's work. He has done an outstanding job on his Patrol. Plus his air box not to mention... Hopefully he see this and posts up some pics or a link to where he posted his pics. Hats off to anyone who has the know how to make stuff this good at home.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    If I was to do it again, I would use the Yota scoop. They look sexy! Yes it Yota I know, but damn! As for the intercooler, I have a mate who welds, erm stuff, for a living. He looked at the CC cooler I have and was impressed with the quality of the welding. A lotta fecking coin for a cooler but.

Have a look @jff45 's work. He has done an outstanding job on his Patrol. Plus his air box not to mention... Hopefully he see this and posts up some pics or a link to where he posted his pics. Hats off to anyone who has the know how to make stuff this good at home.
    A few of late have failed. It seems CC'S main welder has left and gone out on his own..
    Hopefully quality issue is sorted soon..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast