Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fingers crossed it all goes well for you city folk. The restrictions have eased considerably, out here in the sticks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll give it late Oct, Late Nov latest until we're back into the s#it boat again.
    2005 TD42TI

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

10G (23rd September 2020), AB (22nd September 2020), jay see (25th September 2020)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I'll give it late Oct, Late Nov latest until we're back into the s#it boat again.
    I got a feeling you are not wrong there mate. I don’t see Christmas holidays happening this year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

10G (23rd September 2020), Hodge (21st September 2020)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I got a feeling you are not wrong there mate. I don’t see Christmas holidays happening this year...
    Mark my words. No pun intended.

Last restriction lifts, people got complacent too much and too quickly. As if the chinese virus mystically vanished and was no more.
    This time around when the and if things ease up, people will be complacent AND pissed off, over it, there is a lot of tension etc... So, the ricochet effect will hit back hard.

The important thing is that we sneak a trip or two up north during the lull.
    2005 TD42TI

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

10G (23rd September 2020), jay see (25th September 2020), mudski (21st September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m amazed how many people locally are not wearing masks, or have them under their chin. See heaps walking around the lake and gardens and no way known are they exercising. The lifting of some restrictions regionally has thrown social distancing out the window, and no limits on the number of contacts.
    Friends in Daylesford are absolutely crapping themselves that restrictions will be lifted soon, local market on the weekend was overrun with visitors. Police ran the number plate recognition vehicle through the car park and streets, apparently a lot of people will be getting a please explain or fine.
    Unfortunately the ring of steel is a little porous if you know a few local roads.

It’s a massive worry for sure.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

10G (23rd September 2020), AB (22nd September 2020), Cuppa (22nd September 2020), MB (22nd September 2020), mudski (21st September 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that there is no way of stopping this until short of an effective vaccine and a mass inoculation programme.
    When you think about it - this whole mess started because just one person got infected. While getting numbers down to single digits might sound good, it is almost certainly going to bloom again. There are too many people out there who just don't care.
    But there is some good news: it appears that the virus cannot spread at an AFL finals game - at least at the 'Gabba in Qld. 25,000 expected, but I can only have 10 in my house and those 10 need to keep their distance.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

10G (23rd September 2020), Hodge (22nd September 2020), MB (22nd September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/api....ous-death-toll

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

10G (23rd September 2020), Touses (23rd September 2020), Winnie (22nd September 2020)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Mark my words. No pun intended.

Last restriction lifts, people got complacent too much and too quickly. As if the chinese virus mystically vanished and was no more.
    This time around when the and if things ease up, people will be complacent AND pissed off, over it, there is a lot of tension etc... So, the ricochet effect will hit back hard.

The important thing is that we sneak a trip or two up north during the lull.
    I don't disagree with you mate, but I hope that some of the people think, 'If we act like morons again, we may have to go through that lockdown stuff again and I sure don't want to do that'. That may be a saving grace. I reckon people may also be more likely to dob in others.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    I don't disagree with you mate, but I hope that some of the people think, 'If we act like morons again, we may have to go through that lockdown stuff again and I sure don't want to do that'. That may be a saving grace. I reckon people may also be more likely to dob in others.
    I would hope so to mate, but I highly doubt it. The same people that didn't care much first time around, cared far less the second time around. And the third time around they surely won't be giving 2 f****s...
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Covid-19

There have been a lot of people getting crook and dying of all different types of viruses and flues all around the world every day but we have never stopped the whole economy because of it.
    We need to live with this virus and get on with our lives.
    Yea it’s nusty, yes it kills people but we need to move on and live with it till a vaccine is available.
    ATM, look after the vulnerable and protect yourselves
    Fuck the lock downs !

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast