Thread: Anyone using snatch rings?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    I was watching a youtube clip on these units in action, from a distributor in the UK from memory, and what I noticed was the soft shackle was fitted with a wear sleeve and the donut rotates directly on that surface rather than the rope. I thought that would probably be enough to get me to purchase one as the interface surface between the rope and ring is my only concern. I think they are a really simple device and improvement in a lot of conditions, but still holding onto the snatch block until I see some more feedback.
    You thinking like these BS 15Ton
    Again I stress do not use these with my recovery points as they were not designed for soft shackles.
    Ive noticed Road Safe selling soft shackles with copies of my recovery points, again DO NOT use them.
    if you must first use a shackle so the soft shackle has a smooth round surface to work on
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 8th June 2019 at 11:16 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes TD, however like the double legged units better, I have some of the singles but have not used then as yet, and they are not protected like these are.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Nice, been looking and all i could find was expensive and not quite big enough for my 12mm. would you grab some 20mm for a loose fit over the 12mm Softy although it is a double length of 12mm so not sure that is big enough?
    20mm fits my 12mm softies easypeasy... hardly gets used these days tho, they were made for truck recovery so are waaay overkill for most 4X applications... only ever been used regularly by my young fella in a prev job he had for a coupla years.

I made my sheaths from discards but FWIW I would suggest a metre of 20mm and a metre of 14mm and you would have a lifetime supply of sheathing for under $30.
    I just keep a few sheaths in with my softies and slide the sheath on or off a shackle as required.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

MB (13th June 2019), MudRunnerTD (8th June 2019), Winnie (8th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So just received this on the mail today. Looks pretty sweet actually. It's smaller than the other pics. This is the 5 ton unit which is a higher rating than the ARB snatch block.

Keen to see the bigger one but this is a rippa.

The slot is rated for up to 12mm but is a 20mm groove.

The centre is about 30mm. Will be interested to see how the 12mm soft shackle fits through the hole.???

The outer diameter is 80mm and the inner rolling diameter for the outer rope is 40mm.

Thanks a heap to @10G for sorting this. Can't wait to have a play.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 13th June 2019 at 05:49 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (13th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Blokes, Movers & Shakers, getting testing cool stuff done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm keen to see how you get on with it Darren. Gee it does look small. One thing I'll be interested to hear about is if it's difficult to use coz of its size?

Things like, is it too small to handle? Does it get lost in the recovery bag? do the ropes slip off it too easily and so on.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456