OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1007 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 750790795799710051006100710081009101710571107 ... LastLast
Results 10,061 to 10,070 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and if you do catch them in the act they will probably turn violant and with all the booze they have consumed it would getugly for the kids along for the trip with you
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Yeah pretty spot on. . . Yeah even the sound of that name makes me cringe 😕. . Yeah just can't do long weekends anymore.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    I went 2days early for our last trip up to Licola over the long w/end just gone I got the spot we wanted
    but glad I did it was car after car thinking it would be vacant ,but the traffic going up the top towards Howit hut was like the Monash
    on Monday mornings the biggest lot I counted was 15 in one go

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Roofy View Post
    I went 2days early for our last trip up to Licola over the long w/end just gone I got the spot we wanted
    but glad I did it was car after car thinking it would be vacant ,but the traffic going up the top towards Howit hut was like the Monash
    on Monday mornings the biggest lot I counted was 15 in one go
    I know .... it was like Burke St through Butcher Country .. never seen so many fourbees

Apparently, one went off a cliff .... a whole heap bogged up the top end of Caledonia River Track ... it was a mess, and lucky we didn't meet anyone coming the other way at the wrong moments on Butcher Link or Dingo Hill
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygu View Post
    I know .... it was like Burke St through Butcher Country .. never seen so many fourbees

Apparently, one went off a cliff .... a whole heap bogged up the top end of Caledonia River Track ... it was a mess, and lucky we didn't meet anyone coming the other way at the wrong moments on Butcher Link or Dingo Hill
    A black discovery fell over coming down Dingo and came out on the back of a MB Unimog Saturday. I had the misfortune of being with a group that wanted to camp at the intersection of Howitt High Plains Rd and Dingo Hill TK - could not believe it, but they would not be swayed - they 'liked to be around people'??????. Well I reckon 300 4wd's screamed past from 11am Friday to 4am, then it started again at 6am Saturday. I stopped counting at 100 vehicles the number that headed down Dingo Hill Tk. I peeled out of there at 8am Sunday - couldn't take any more of it. Great bunch of guys, but crap campsite knowledge. Great food, brilliant weather, good company, just the wrong weekend and the wrong campsite.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    A black discovery fell over coming down Dingo and came out on the back of a MB Unimog Saturday. I had the misfortune of being with a group that wanted to camp at the intersection of Howitt High Plains Rd and Dingo Hill TK - could not believe it, but they would not be swayed - they 'liked to be around people'??????. Well I reckon 300 4wd's screamed past from 11am Friday to 4am, then it started again at 6am Saturday. I stopped counting at 100 vehicles the number that headed down Dingo Hill Tk. I peeled out of there at 8am Sunday - couldn't take any more of it. Great bunch of guys, but crap campsite knowledge. Great food, brilliant weather, good company, just the wrong weekend and the wrong campsite.
    Couldn't think of a worse place to camp on a long weekend. I am an average guy, and maybe my sense of what is right or wrong has changed now that I have a learner driver in the car with me, but we had a 100 series and Pajero, with no sense of road positioning try to take two of our learners off the road at once. One of my mates had to grab the steering wheel in fear, and I just basically shut my eyes and hoped for the best as we headed through the edge of a spoon drain ......
    the speed some guys seem to want to travel at on the Tamboritha Rd .... it would have sounded like you were camped on a freeway.

Would have been a little colder up the top too. There was still a whole bunch up there on Monday when we came through which may have been your crew ....

We had a great weekend, and the track conditions were as challenging as I can recall them on Butcher Link and Dingo ... I would not have liked to see someone having to reverse back down in a couple of the trickier spots, but luckily we didn't have to.

The black Disco could have been us at one stage, when I was trying to teach my daughter about gearing and engine braking whilst going downhill - she tried her first fairly steep short downhill section whilst ignoring my instruction and left her foot on the clutch the whole way down ... was a little bit of a heart stopping moment for me till I realized what she was doing
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming home on Sunday morning, I was cruising down the high plains road at maybe 50klm/hr, and a young buck in a hilux, red P plate, roared past me in the gravel and stones and disappeared into the distance. I got up to the next corner and there was a great big long seat of fresh skid marks where he had overshot the apex. He was nowhere to be seen, but maybe in the bushes clearing his pants I reckon - just crazy speed.

Still remember my driver training days when the instructor drilled it into us that the left foot would be the one to kill you and by that if you took the vehicle out of gear by depressing the clutch you were essentially in the hands of the gods - never forgot that. The Disco was saved from being totally pancaked by a set of home made drawers in the back that kept the roof up it looked. Still it was a write off for sure and unfortunately he was from the ACT or at least the car was registered there, so a long way home.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    snip...
    Still remember my driver training days when the instructor drilled it into us that the left foot would be the one to kill you and by that if you took the vehicle out of gear by depressing the clutch you were essentially in the hands of the gods - never forgot that.
    Amen to that... I sure get fired up pretty quick when it happens.
    In the theory phase I threaten to beat 'em to death with the Learners Manual if they do it.
    If they do it during an assessment phase they get an instant 'not yet competent'.
    If they do it when operational and I see it (or even worse I am in the vehicle then I treat it as attempted murder suicide) I pull their competency until they pass a V.O.C.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (19th June 2017)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,283 Times in 6,435 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Trying to see the light at the end of this never ending tunnel in regards to our council notice and the $5100 worth of work that has to be done is proving to be impossible. I have spoken with VCAT, numerous lawyers, our conveyencer, who now refuses to take my calls, and their (the vendors)conveyencer who are now doing the same, and not one person is willing to help. This is so bloody frustrating! I can see this fucking asshole who sold us the house will again win and walk away without paying a cent. Why is this issue something that no one wants to touch? Its simple in my eyes. The vendor did the wrong this by not disclosing the council notice prior to auction. Therefor he's in the wrong, he needs to pay.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What has made you Angry Today???

Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Trying to see the light at the end of this never ending tunnel in regards to our council notice and the $5100 worth of work that has to be done is proving to be impossible. I have spoken with VCAT, numerous lawyers, our conveyencer, who now refuses to take my calls, and their (the vendors)conveyencer who are now doing the same, and not one person is willing to help. This is so bloody frustrating! I can see this fucking asshole who sold us the house will again win and walk away without paying a cent. Why is this issue something that no one wants to touch? Its simple in my eyes. The vendor did the wrong this by not disclosing the council notice prior to auction. Therefor he's in the wrong, he needs to pay.
    Who is responsible for the building/energy and pest inspection in Vic?
    Either way it should come back on the conveyancer IMO, they farked up by the sounds of it.
    Don't think the vendor is responsible

................on the road

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,283 Times in 6,435 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxhead View Post
    Who is responsible for the building/energy and pest inspection in Vic?
    Either way it should come back on the conveyancer IMO, they farked up by the sounds of it.
    Don't think the vendor is responsible

................on the road
    Vendor is responsible. He should have said something to their estate agent but chose not too. The agent and conveyencer wouldn't have know anything about it. Its not mandatory to get building inspections done pre purchase, we did however get one done, we knew of some of the issues that council have raised, but it is beside the point. Council have gone through and want everything to have a gutters and storm water connection. Even the lean too on the granny flat which is barely 1.5m wide by 1m long. Water barely drips of it when it rains its that small.
    I can see us losing this, even though we shouldn't, so I guess we'll just be ripping the roof off the carport, the pergola and the lean too and just fix the bare essentials. As we simply dont have this kind of coin to get this stuff done.
    Last edited by mudski; 19th June 2017 at 07:05 PM.

Page 1007 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 750790795799710051006100710081009101710571107 ... LastLast