OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1158 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 15865810581108114811561157115811591160116812081258 ... LastLast
Results 11,571 to 11,580 of 14472

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @PeeBee pritty much to your last paragraph....a friend if mine had the person's details and evrything address thje lot as they live in small town...but the silly bit is tje insurance company couldn't get hold of culprit so my friends vehicle was fixed but they had to pay the excess....

Never mind didnt see unregistered

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Avo; 19th June 2018 at 06:48 PM.
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,672 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Is it your Patrol that was damaged?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    No,BMW. Not happy. If they had hit the barge it would have torn the Golf to pieces!

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    @PeeBee pritty much to your last paragraph....a friend if mine had the person's details and evrything address thje lot as they live in small town...but the silly bit is tje insurance company couldn't get hold of culprit so my friends vehicle was fixed but they had to pay the excess....

Never mind didnt see unregistered

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Avo, thank for the reply. Its simply frustrating. I, like a lot of others follow the rules and when it comes to the crunch, those that don't, suffer no loss, its the likes of myself that bear the burden. Anyway, I know society isn't perfect, but a cricket bat over this #ricks head is where I am sitting right now. A drive to the post office looks like its cost me a grand. Bloody Australia Post!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Winnie (19th June 2018)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    So, further to the accident on friday, Police have now advised the vehicle has suspended registration, has been rego checked multiple times in recent months and is known to them. I am waiting to hear what the next steps are but basically if it isn't registered it isn't insured, so this POS is driving around scott free, no repercussions from the law, and I am left with a damaged vehicle and out of pocket, fully frustrated. I don't understand the law, but a reasonable person might think that if a vehicle is unregistered and the police know about it and stop it on multiple times that a threshold needs to be in place and the car impounded. Police can't release a drivers name as they are yet to get the information from the trainee constable who took down my details, and has returned to straightening paper clips or whatever they do at the academy. How bloody hard would you think it is to pick the phone up, call this guy and get the name of the person managing him? Impossible it seems as still waiting for a responses from the plod brigade.
    Likely outcome is police issue a demand on the last registered owner to disclose the driver, and failing that disclosure the matter goes to court and they are fined heavily for not supplying the info, but get this, not a single cent of that goes towards fixing my car or paying the insurance excess plus premium increases for the next 5 years due to the claim again my cover. Pissed off max right now.

If they are successful in getting a name, the insurance company has to deal with it and you can bet there is some small print in the exorbitant policy that lets them wriggle out of paying the repairs because the car that hit me was unregistered.
    That is all crap PB, I went through the same thing last year.

My son was driving our old AU and some pumped up jerk went into the side of him. The jerk was unlicensed and uninsured. The AU was written off. So we were left with no car and no money, or so we thought. Rang up our insurer. They said "oh you're lucky we've just added cover to your policy for being hit by uninsured jerks". I didn't even know.

Our insurer paid out a fair figure, but we still had to spend more to get our son a new car.

Yep, it makes you wonder why you get licensed and insured, just do all the bad stuff, save time & money and if you get caught, don't sweat it, wait a week or 2 and do it all again.

And another thing, getting a stand in car while you get yours fixed or get a new one is a pain in the arse. The time, the cost etc etc.

I wish you could get these people and say OK, all is well, but you have to go and find me a stand in car, deliver it to my address before I need it. Make sure it's covered by any insurance for the time I have it. Also you have to pay for that & when I'm finished with it, you come to my place, pick the car up and return it.

There's hours in that shit as well as all the PITA stuff you have to go through.
    Last edited by 10G; 20th June 2018 at 09:25 AM.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,259 Times in 6,425 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That suck ass big time Phil. But the law does protect this sort of scum bag. As I found out last year with the Agent and the turd I bought my house off. Our final out of pocket expenses are 10k for something we did not create. No legal team wanted to take this case on. They all said suck it up, its not worth the chase. Says them who probably earn this amount is a few weeks....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (20th June 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    That suck ass big time Phil. But the law does protect this sort of scum bag. As I found out last year with the Agent and the turd I bought my house off. Our final out of pocket expenses are 10k for something we did not create. No legal team wanted to take this case on. They all said suck it up, its not worth the chase. Says them who probably earn this amount is a few weeks....
    YEP, I know. Its hard to take a philosophical view on this and just accept it as 'life' because the car was immaculate and now its barked up. The coppers have their hands tied to some degree by the law. If the previousy registered owner does not identify the driver the only recourse is to summons them to court and let the court impose a fine that will never get paid, as thats the reason the car has been de-registered by Vicroads in the first place - non payment of outstanding fines - shitfull situation.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudski (20th June 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    That is all crap PB, I went through the same thing last year.

My son was driving our old AU and some pumped up jerk went into the side of him. The jerk was unlicensed and uninsured. The AU was written off. So we were left with no car and no money, or so we thought. Rang up our insurer. They said "oh you're lucky we've just added cover to your policy for being hit by uninsured jerks". I didn't even know.

Our insurer paid out a fair figure, but we still had to spend more to get our son a new car.

Yep, it makes you wonder why you get licensed and insured, just do all the bad stuff, save time & money and if you get caught, don't sweat it, wait a week or 2 and do it all again.

And another thing, getting a stand in car while you get yours fixed or get a new one is a pain in the arse. The time, the cost etc etc.

I wish you could get these people and say OK, all is well, but you have to go and find me a stand in car, deliver it to my address before I need it. Make sure it's covered by any insurance for the time I have it. Also you have to pay for that & when I'm finished with it, you come to my place, pick the car up and return it.

There's hours in that shit as well as all the PITA stuff you have to go through.
    Got it in one 10G. I didn't take out the additional cover for replacement car as it added another $400 to the premium, but funny enough I have Total Care thru RACV for replacement if the car is un-drivable, so would have been able to use that, however it is drivable, so thats an option I dont have, and if I get it repaird by the repairer of choice, they dont have loan cars. Just shitty about it right now, but I guess that will pass in time.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Deep breaths, mate. It is a mongrel situation, for sure. After the catastrophe that happened near here,recently, you were all bloody lucky the fool didn't hit anyone and cause bodily harm.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (20th June 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing happened to my son, luckily AAMI fixed his car but he had to pay the excess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guys, right now its a total waste of effort on everyone's time trying to get a fair compensation out of this scumbag. My brother just rang to say 'move on, its a lost cause'. The coppers wont get anywhere, the car wont be impounded, even if they see the car driving down the road they are not authorised to persue it and pull it over - there is a standing 'smile and wave policy' in place in Vic police to that effect. If this turd does go to court and racks up more fines he won't pay them, plus I am told he can actually go to an independent tribunal and complain she has racked up too many fines and can't afford to pay them, and the tribunal , in most cases cancels the fines and he doesn't have to pay them at any stage of his life. This is the state of the current legal system - total rubbish.
    Now, if I saw the vehicle on the road and deliberately rammed it, I would likely be charged and have to pay costs or have my insurance policy cancelled and pay for her vehicle. I still don't have a police report as they are stuffing around trying to find the guy at the academy it seems - must a supreme undercover ghost I reckon.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudnut (20th June 2018), Yeti's Beast (20th June 2018)

Page 1158 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 15865810581108114811561157115811591160116812081258 ... LastLast