Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocking the EGR Valve

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orsm6 View Post
    Hi all. I've seen a couple of threads mention that those with a ZD30 and have put the EGR plate in get a check engine light. I also am having this just recently. When i got the car no issue, MAF dided, i put a non-genuine one in then a month later i had engine lights and limp mode. Have since adjusted my dawes valve because and bout a proper MAF, no more limp mode but i still get the light. Checked the code by bridging pins and it says EGR control valve failure or malfunction. I have cleared the codes several times but it just comes back. Any thoughts? at a guess i'd say the plate has no hole in it.

been talking to bigguwesty and he has been helpful, just thought i'd ask around some more also TIA
    I've had it blocked for over a year now and unfortunately nothing I've tried has helped, it will come up regularly. I've noticed it pops up mostly when I put it under load, but I have a bluetooth OBDII, so it's a matter of pressing a few buttons on my deck to clear the codes. It's a bit annoying at times but you get used to it I might get fed up one day and put a hole in it, but for now deep breaths
    2012 CRD 30TD Auto Wagon, 15L/100km | 2" KYB Lift | 3" Exhaust | ECU Remap | HPD boost control | Provent Catch Can | EGR Block | Bullet Snorkel | Dual Battery | Redarc SBI12 | Projecta batt Monitor | Auto Headlights | iDrive Throttle Control | NU3001 7" Android Stereo | Sound Deadening| Reverse Camera | Dashcam | Amp, 12" Sub | 300W Inverter | USB Chargers | Barn Door Gas Strut | Awning | Mods list shrinking

2. The Following User Says Thank You to foggs For This Useful Post:

Orsm6 (27th July 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHA thanks foggs. I was told i could chuck a hole in mine and that "may" help. I've seen a broken wire can also be an issue, but i am uncertain if the guy had a year the same as mine. Just one of a few things i'll check out.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 764 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be blocking mine this weekend. No one knows how often the warning light comes on as it seems to be different for each vehicle. I plan on seeing how often the light comes on. If it's frequently I'll just leave the light on and clear it on weekends or whenever I can be bothered.

Does anyone know if you can use the Torque app to clear the code??? I have that app on my phone, it's a bit cheaper than a Scanguage ;-)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,653 Times in 3,121 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHA thanks foggs. I was told i could chuck a hole in mine and that "may" help. I've seen a broken wire can also be an issue, but i am uncertain if the guy had a year the same as mine. Just one of a few things i'll check out.
    Has not bee a problem helping mate..
    Pretty sure yours is a Di so is a little different to my crd.
    The hole in the egr plate does stop the egr code. @TPC had a hole in his. Pretty sure it's about 8mm.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    I might be blocking mine this weekend. No one knows how often the warning light comes on as it seems to be different for each vehicle. I plan on seeing how often the light comes on. If it's frequently I'll just leave the light on and clear it on weekends or whenever I can be bothered.

Does anyone know if you can use the Torque app to clear the code??? I have that app on my phone, it's a bit cheaper than a Scanguage ;-)
    If its a direct injection motor. Never.
    If its a Common rail. How long is a piece of string? Each motor is different in the CRD's in reacting with a full plate. Best thing to do is just put in a full plate, if you get the CEL come up, drill a 8mm hole in the centre of the plate. But then your egr is not fully blocked, but its better than nothing. What the egr does to the intake system and motor, I personally would put up with the CEL coming up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (27th July 2016)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguwesty View Post
    Has not bee a problem helping mate..
    Pretty sure yours is a Di so is a little different to my crd.
    The hole in the egr plate does stop the egr code. @TPC had a hole in his. Pretty sure it's about 8mm.
    Oh not doubting you at all champ. I'm just the sort of person to try and get all the info i can on thisngs and go from there. Drilling a hole is still definitiely an option

Thanks
    Thanked 4,653 Times in 3,121 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh not doubting you at all champ. I'm just the sort of person to try and get all the info i can on thisngs and go from there. Drilling a hole is still definitiely an option
    Glad we got the boost limp issue sorted.. Atleast the car is drivable now
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguwesty View Post
    Glad we got the boost limp issue sorted.. Atleast the car is drivable now

yeah definitely agree with that. i'll report back on the EGR.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Orsm6 For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (27th July 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post

Yes you can use Torque or DashCommander to read and clear the codes. They also give you a description of the code, so you don't have to guess.
    I use one of these with Torque, found on ebay..
    Image 17.png
    2012 CRD 30TD Auto Wagon, 15L/100km | 2" KYB Lift | 3" Exhaust | ECU Remap | HPD boost control | Provent Catch Can | EGR Block | Bullet Snorkel | Dual Battery | Redarc SBI12 | Projecta batt Monitor | Auto Headlights | iDrive Throttle Control | NU3001 7" Android Stereo | Sound Deadening| Reverse Camera | Dashcam | Amp, 12" Sub | 300W Inverter | USB Chargers | Barn Door Gas Strut | Awning | Mods list shrinking

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have my egr blocked on my 3ltr Di with no problems whats so ever, [no hole]
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast