Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TB42 Nikki Carby Settings

Hi All,
    Currently rebuilding the carby and the settings in the Gregory's manual for the primary slow jet are 0.54mm, what is this in reference to. Is it screwing the jet all the way down to the bottom of the port and then unscrewing it 0.54mm or am I completely wrong and it means something totally different. All the jets have different settings in mm but no explanation of what that measurement is in reference to, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is the diameter of the hole in the middle of the jet
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response Bigcol, now that you say that I am kicking myself for asking such a stupid question. I guess what I really need to know is that the jets are threaded and screw in and out so when refitting them what depth do I screw them back in. Do I screw them all the way down or is there a specific depth that each jet has, reason I ask is because the manual I have says it is important that the jets are installed to the correct position on assembly. This may just mean don't mix them up but I want to be sure so I don't need to pull it apart again.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MickMc View Post
    Thanks for the response Bigcol, now that you say that I am kicking myself for asking such a stupid question. I guess what I really need to know is that the jets are threaded and screw in and out so when refitting them what depth do I screw them back in. Do I screw them all the way down or is there a specific depth that each jet has, reason I ask is because the manual I have says it is important that the jets are installed to the correct position on assembly. This may just mean don't mix them up but I want to be sure so I don't need to pull it apart again.
    I'm not a mechanic but I've replaced a few jets.. Normally they just screw in until they stop. Make sure you've got the right jet for the right hole.
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MickMc View Post
    Thanks for the response Bigcol, now that you say that I am kicking myself for asking such a stupid question..
    no such thing as a stupid question
    not everyone knows everything

yes, they need to be screwed home securely - tight - all the way
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come