Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rhino Bar + Fourby Fitout

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Jackofjr; 11th August 2018 at 03:51 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackofjr For This Useful Post:

1nando (11th August 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, $7K is up there. Especially when I would only like it in order to be able to fit an auxiliary tank, which will necessitate a Rear Bar and swing away wheel. So that $7K goes out to $12K pretty quickly. For that I get a 2" lift and 290L fuel tank... Dunno. I'd want to make sure of it all...

The RHS mid-cap to wheel arch is 523mm, the LHS distance is 520mm (left side of the car has 15Kg Awning on it, snorkel, UHF antenna and air compressor in the back - so perhaps another 25Kg on it.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofjr View Post
    I hear ya nando but that's the problem with all that stuff you would be well and truely over 3.5T
    I don't know anyone that's been pinged or had a insurance claim rejected YET for being over but I don't wanna be the first
    Imagine the poo you would be in if you were at fault in a prang and someone was seriously hurt or even killed and you were proven to be over GVM .

I have just returned from the Weighbridge again , 2 of us onboard full tank of juice Rhino Bar , Winch nothing else in the vehicle
    Front axel 1640kg
    Rear axel 1420kg = 3060kg
    I'm now left with 440kg to play with , still haven't fitted the rear drawer , fridge slide or shelves yet .
    I'm 10kg under the max front axle rating but still 15kg over Nissans aloud 85kg .
    Front is now 15mm lower than std ride hight .

Attachment 76057Attachment 76058Attachment 76059
    Car 2715kg tare
    Me 85 kg
    Mrs 55kg
    2 kids 20kg (2 year old and baby)
    OL bullbar 80kg guess
    Pioneer rack 45kg guess
    Lights 10kg
    Uhf amd aerial 3kg
    Long range and standard tank full 290kg
    Lift kit 30kg (guess)
    Dual battery 30kg guess
    Fridge 25kg

3388kg total weight all up. Im still under the max gvm by a good 112kg. As a family tourer thats perfect. The rest of the stuff can go in the trailer (water, camp gear etc).

Ill set up dual battery in the boot to save on front axel weight. If i need more payload i just fill the long range tank less to 200ltrs and increase my payload to 202kg. I have no intention to fit draws as i dont need it.

I think that isnt bad..... thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1nando; 11th August 2018 at 05:45 PM.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep nando that sounds good , I have weighed 2 new std Ti's now both were the same weight with the wife and I onboard, 3000kg .
    All weights I have posted are actual Weighbridge numbers , that's on a new Vic Roads bridge , actually its 2 Vic Roads bridges one each side of the highway , I have no doubt it's accurate

I removed the 3rd row of seats ( 38kg ) the day after I took delivery, I guess that helps with the Fitout in the back
    I'm only fitting 1 drawer , 1 fridge slide a shelf and a cargo barrier ,

If you can keep it under GVM thats great .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackofjr For This Useful Post:

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofjr View Post
    Yep nando that sounds good , I have weighed 2 new std Ti's now both were the same weight with the wife and I onboard, 3000kg .
    All weights I have posted are actual Weighbridge numbers , that's on a new Vic Roads bridge , actually its 2 Vic Roads bridges one each side of the highway , I have no doubt it's accurate

I removed the 3rd row of seats ( 38kg ) the day after I took delivery, I guess that helps with the Fitout in the back
    I'm only fitting 1 drawer , 1 fridge slide a shelf and a cargo barrier ,

If you can keep it under GVM thats great .
    I dont doubt your weight bridge reading but was the 3000kg with a full tank of fuel?

Vehicle dry 2715kg
    Full tank 140kg roughly
    That's a total of 2855kg

You and the mrs 145kg combined ??

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep I did say full tank and 2 of us onboard, wife and I dressed are 170 give or take a kg and yeah both 62's had tow bars that's it nothing else , they are heavy suckers , any weight you add to the towball is part of the GVM
    Last edited by Jackofjr; 11th August 2018 at 07:18 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackofjr For This Useful Post:

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nando View Post
    Car 2715kg tare
    Me 85 kg
    Mrs 55kg
    2 kids 20kg (2 year old and baby)
    OL bullbar 80kg guess
    Pioneer rack 45kg guess
    Lights 10kg
    Uhf amd aerial 3kg
    Long range and standard tank full 290kg
    Lift kit 30kg (guess)
    Dual battery 30kg guess
    Fridge 25kg

3388kg total weight all up. Im still under the max gvm by a good 112kg. As a family tourer thats perfect. The rest of the stuff can go in the trailer (water, camp gear etc).

Ill set up dual battery in the boot to save on front axel weight. If i need more payload i just fill the long range tank less to 200ltrs and increase my payload to 202kg. I have no intention to fit draws as i dont need it.

I think that isnt bad..... thoughts?

You have a fair bit more there; the specific gravity of our unleaded is close enough to 0.71 --- it's not water, so 1L does not weigh 1Kg (very, very often miscalculated). 1 litre weighs 713grams. So your full 290 tank weighs just over 206Kg.

For when we tour, just for whatever's sake - my numbers are

Payload 2715 (Tare Weight)
    Mum, Dad and the Kids = 240kg (she'd kill me if I listed it separately!)
    Recovery Gear 20kg
    42L Ice Box with Food/ Drinks 30kg
    Tow Bar 30kg
    TJM Front Bar 75kg
    Driving Lights and UHF with Antenna 8kg
    Recovery Hooks 15kg
    Air Compressor 9kg
    Full tank of fuel 102kg (140L)
    Full Oils/Lubricants 12kg (Tare is often without this - unsure if a Ti tare includes it or not, as if it did then it's usually called Kerb (with half a tank of fuel)
    Luggage/ Clothes - 2 Bags at 12Kg each 25kg
    Hand Winch + 20m Wire rope 25kg
    Food Box including Food 20kg (mostly de-hyd and we buy/ find our own too)
    Water Tank full of water 55
    Portable Camping Table 12

TOTAL INSIDE CAR 3393 GVM = 3500Kg... then put some on the roof...

On Roof
    Tent 38kg (yeah, I know. But it's BLOODY good)
    Sleeping Bag/ Pillow/ Towel bag 11kg
    Roof Rack 39kg
    Howling Moon Awning 15kg
    MaxTrax x 2 7kg

Total on Roof 110 (so 10kg Over limit - there's space in the back to move the sleeping bags etc down if I need to)

TOTAL Remaning from GVM -3 Kilograms... and that's full fuel, set up for touring. Burn off 5 litres of fuel and I'll be good to go.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CamJam For This Useful Post:

1nando (11th August 2018), Mushie (24th August 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulled the grill just to have a look and checkout access to the winch only took a few minutes IMG_4221.JPG

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackofjr For This Useful Post:

1nando (14th August 2018)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CamJam View Post
    You have a fair bit more there; the specific gravity of our unleaded is close enough to 0.71 --- it's not water, so 1L does not weigh 1Kg (very, very often miscalculated). 1 litre weighs 713grams. So your full 290 tank weighs just over 206Kg.

For when we tour, just for whatever's sake - my numbers are

Payload 2715 (Tare Weight)
    Mum, Dad and the Kids = 240kg (she'd kill me if I listed it separately!)
    Recovery Gear 20kg
    42L Ice Box with Food/ Drinks 30kg
    Tow Bar 30kg
    TJM Front Bar 75kg
    Driving Lights and UHF with Antenna 8kg
    Recovery Hooks 15kg
    Air Compressor 9kg
    Full tank of fuel 102kg (140L)
    Full Oils/Lubricants 12kg (Tare is often without this - unsure if a Ti tare includes it or not, as if it did then it's usually called Kerb (with half a tank of fuel)
    Luggage/ Clothes - 2 Bags at 12Kg each 25kg
    Hand Winch + 20m Wire rope 25kg
    Food Box including Food 20kg (mostly de-hyd and we buy/ find our own too)
    Water Tank full of water 55
    Portable Camping Table 12

TOTAL INSIDE CAR 3393 GVM = 3500Kg... then put some on the roof...

On Roof
    Tent 38kg (yeah, I know. But it's BLOODY good)
    Sleeping Bag/ Pillow/ Towel bag 11kg
    Roof Rack 39kg
    Howling Moon Awning 15kg
    MaxTrax x 2 7kg

Total on Roof 110 (so 10kg Over limit - there's space in the back to move the sleeping bags etc down if I need to)

TOTAL Remaning from GVM -3 Kilograms... and that's full fuel, set up for touring. Burn off 5 litres of fuel and I'll be good to go.
    Great break down of the weight.

It is hard to keep under the weight - I had never thought about it until we decided to go looking at new cars. We picked up our Y62 a couple of weeks ago and I am still trying to work out what to add.
    We are trying to set it up as a tourer and light 4wding, but dont plan on towing. We have a tent that weighs that amount too!! (I think I saw in a previous post by you that you had the blackwolf tubo+, we have that and love it, but we will probably get something lighter/smaller for our trip around oz)

I didnt see a stove and gas bottle in your list?? I also need to fit in a crap load of kids toys!!!

Alot of people also forget about the tyres. Most put larger = heavier tyres on * 5 which adds a substantial amount of weight. Although it is not being carried by the frame - it all goes on the weigh bridge and counts to GVM.....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mushie For This Useful Post:

CamJam (24th August 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushie View Post
    Great break down of the weight.

It is hard to keep under the weight - I had never thought about it until we decided to go looking at new cars. We picked up our Y62 a couple of weeks ago and I am still trying to work out what to add.
    We are trying to set it up as a tourer and light 4wding, but dont plan on towing. We have a tent that weighs that amount too!! (I think I saw in a previous post by you that you had the blackwolf tubo+, we have that and love it, but we will probably get something lighter/smaller for our trip around oz)

I didnt see a stove and gas bottle in your list?? I also need to fit in a crap load of kids toys!!!

Alot of people also forget about the tyres. Most put larger = heavier tyres on * 5 which adds a substantial amount of weight. Although it is not being carried by the frame - it all goes on the weigh bridge and counts to GVM.....
    Yep - very true on the wheels/ tyres. To be honest it had escaped my attention.

And yep - Blackwolf Turbo+ - awesome seperate part for the kids and something that after probably twenty trips over the past 5 years still almost looks like new. My cooking stuff is all Uber-light weight, but one of them has a need for Metho so that'd need to be added.

Kids! They've got an iPad that stays in the car, then we make swords or shields or hot air balloons out of stuff - or go bush walking or fishing. I somehow lucked into a couple of dudes that like bushwalking and reading... Hope it stays that way!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CamJam For This Useful Post:

Mushie (27th August 2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast