User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night driving on tight twisting tracks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. Looks like I might try two lights on either side as they will be more versatile. I will go with either Lightforce 20W or 40W Rok lights. They are very compact and looked like good quality as well.

http://lightforce.com/product/rok40-led-work-lights/
    http://lightforce.com/product/rok10-...tility-lights/
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    I've always had an LED bar on the roof and you still can't see around corners. I have 2 smaller LED that I had always planned to mount facing outwards but never got around to it.
    X2 to that. Same issue and will probably mount up a couple of side lights one day

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have 2 LED work lights to be fitted to the sides of my light rack for the GQ. I also have a 600mm long LED strip light I am fitting under the gutter above the rear sliding Windows. These will show me the side of my car at night when in very tight bush. Will work well. Not sure if I will switch them with my light bar? Probably will as all lights on is my preferred in the bush.

@Lights runs these strip lights on his 80 and they work great. The GQ is Bush car and most driving will be at night.

I remember doing Barkley River Jeep Track in the Snow at night and I used my Makita 18v torch out the window to tell me where the switch back went! Lol. Mad as Fark!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I did see a Patrol with led strip lights in the wheel arches. Apparently this worked really well. But how well they would stay attached is another thing. I have a 5 mete roll in my garage, I've been wondering what I should do with it....
    TBH I can only see this as a short term giggle or street head-turner (not my scene). The muck and abuse they'll take down there I wouldn't think they'd last long. Just an opinion from a KISS subscriber. Up high pointing down for me in this scenario.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (27th April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Plas , if you wash yours as much as I wash mine the lights would be useless , if you never went off road and wanted bling I suppose they would be ok , each to their own and all that .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12