Thread: New radiator

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you say that about stuffing up. I rang BD yesterday to enquire about the shipping date and they advised ADRAD had stuffed up the location of the bottom port on the radiator, so they had to modify it . They are shipping my gear by the end of the week. I will have a close look to see if the workmanship matches the recommendations I received.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (27th February 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah mate keep us updated. I'd be interested to see your setup. Hopefully they sort it out without any issues for you.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Do you think Koyorad and the Koyo are the same brand. Patrolapart stock "Koyo" brand rads too...

Example:
    https://patrolapart.com.au/product/n...minium-plastic
    Exactly. They must be getting them from Cooldrive as the the Cooldrive symbol is watermarked in the Patrolapart picture. Lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd follow up on this.

Did a run from Adelaide to Coober Pedy a week or so ago in pretty much the worst possible weather for a road trip.

Between Port Augusta and Coober on the way up ambient temps were in the high 30's low 40's and windy as buggery. Had a double swag on the roof rack and about a medium to heavy load worth of gear on board.

Water temps sat around 90deg pretty well the whole way execpt for the last 100km or so where it slowly climbed to sit at about 100deg. I think everything by this point was getting a bit heat soaked plus we were well into the 40s ambient temps.

Had the cruise set to 110kmh the whole way and didn't do it any favours. Really wanted to just drive it and see how it went.

Was pretty happy with this but my thoughts are it will probably struggle a bit with a trailer. I reckon slowing up a touch and taking one set of my driving lights off to free up some airflow would sort it out.

Anyway, pretty happy with the replacement radiator for cooling and if it lasts half as long as a genuine OEM it will probably outlast how long i keep it for. Thumbs up from me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 0-TJ-0 For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (25th March 2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123