Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 260,000 TD42 matinence?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah my silver top has two the same makes it easy, maybe it's a black top thing. Bores look pretty schmick should be good once done. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

TrollinAround (16th February 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah 99 to 01 I think Nissan had a brain wave and your one of the lucky ones mate!

Does anyone know why they did that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

TrollinAround (16th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Yeah 99 to 01 I think Nissan had a brain wave and your one of the lucky ones mate!

Does anyone know why they did that?

Lack of meat in their diets too no doubt

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

AB (16th February 2018), Avo (20th February 2018), Rossco (16th February 2018), TrollinAround (16th February 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So....... the phone call today was to inform me the head reconditioning joint had found a small crack in the head block between cylinders 1&2 that isn’t leaking atm but obviously will at some point 🤯
    Their opinion was to get after market head as “new genuine Nissan ones no longer exist”
    The cost was only $200 more than the $1200 already quoted for the reconditioning of the head.
    At that point I said I’d seen them available “genuine” online and to look into it further.
    Surprise surprise 5 minutes later the phone rings with the “good” news that yes you can get NEW genuine TD42t heads but would cost $800 on top of the non genuine price...
    long story short I’ll have a new genuine Nissan head and hopefully peace of mind that it won’t shit itself in 12 month time, like I’d be paranoid about if going with aftermarket.
    Should get the bus back next Tuesday! 🤞

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TrollinAround For This Useful Post:

Avo (20th February 2018), Clunk (20th February 2018), mudnut (20th February 2018), Rossco (20th February 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to update, I got the paytroll back and two weeks later drove the family to Sydney from Adelaide and back for a wedding. Unbelievably we made it without a drama and hasn’t missed a beat since. The bus has a further 5000kms on her now and I’m about to give her a service before I head up the flinders with a few mates for a couple of weeks. I’ll also be sorting out some new shoes for that trip. Anyone got any experience with the cooper stt pro in a 285/75r16 and the Goodyear duratrak in the same size?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrollinAround For This Useful Post:

mudnut (8th June 2018), mudski (8th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    Or just fill a bucket or small esky full of hot water and leave the unopened oil bottle in the hot water to heat up and thin out. Then have a celebratory wank... win win
    Or if you're not a wanker (or even if you are) ...... do as above (with or without the celebration) but first get to your local bunnings or equivalent & buy one of these https://www.bunnings.com.au/craftrig...-pump_p6320813 & a couple of metres of clear plastic tube to suit. Your hand (& potentially another appendage) will thank you. Use with a cordless drill.

FWIW - I was advised here to use a GL4 oil in the gearbox, not the GL5 I had previously used. Doing so made a significant improvement to cold changes.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

AB (10th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Or if you're not a wanker (or even if you are) ...... do as above (with or without the celebration) but first get to your local bunnings or equivalent & buy one of these https://www.bunnings.com.au/craftrig...-pump_p6320813 & a couple of metres of clear plastic tube to suit. Your hand (& potentially another appendage) will thank you. Use with a cordless drill.

FWIW - I was advised here to use a GL4 oil in the gearbox, not the GL5 I had previously used. Doing so made a significant improvement to cold changes.
    Lol @AB could celebrate well into the night with that
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

AB (10th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post

Impressive, saves time and effort to do....other things!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Winnie (10th June 2018)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234