Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Body Lift Question

The NSW VSI-06 item 33 for light vehicles states:-

Example not requiring certification

"Fitting optional body lift kits or mountings that are designed for that make and model
    of vehicle and meet or exceed manufacturer’s specifications."

Now in speaking to an certifier he stated I must if I do a body lift, have the vehicle engineered. Now if I purchase a body lift kit and request one specific to my Cab chassis Patrol, does this constitute that they have been designed for that make and model and hence does not need certification???

Kindest regards

Rainsey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No. Body lifts where all the rage 10 years ago but have been policed harder in the last few years. If your keen to keep it legal save and buy bigger springs
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

rainsey (26th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 992 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are able to go 75mm in lift total without certification. However this can be tyres and springs or tyres and body lift. You cannot use a combination of all 3 mods or springs and body lift. This is stated in the NCOP in my understanding of the confusing pile of loo paper.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

rainsey (26th September 2017)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    No. Body lifts where all the rage 10 years ago but have been policed harder in the last few years. If your keen to keep it legal save and buy bigger springs
    Yeah thanks for that info. The reason for considering the lift was not for vehicle height perse' rather to allow more tolerance in the fitment of a 3" dump pipe and a decent size intercooler.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainsey View Post
    Yeah thanks for that info. The reason for considering the lift was not for vehicle height perse' rather to allow more tolerance in the fitment of a 3" dump pipe and a decent size intercooler.
    Cheers mate, You should be able to fit a 3" Dump to a Lowmount, even if you have to massage the fire wall a bit or have one custom fitted. I had a Custom Dump built for me by hand for the GUIV when i fitted the Borg Warner and it was a bit of work but cam up a treat.

The top mount intercooler is a problem for sure. I have removed my BL but i had to retain a 20mm BL for the rear spring tower brace kit but had to remove my Top Mount IC because i ran out of room. I am fitting a front mount.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

rainsey (27th September 2017)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Cheers mate, You should be able to fit a 3" Dump to a Lowmount, even if you have to massage the fire wall a bit or have one custom fitted. I had a Custom Dump built for me by hand for the GUIV when i fitted the Borg Warner and it was a bit of work but cam up a treat.

The top mount intercooler is a problem for sure. I have removed my BL but i had to retain a 20mm BL for the rear spring tower brace kit but had to remove my Top Mount IC because i ran out of room. I am fitting a front mount.
    The front mount is appealing but I have a little too much real estate already with the radiator, AC condenser, oil cooler etc. I have no issues with the tower brace being a Cab chassis. I am considering a Blits fibreglass bonnet that they have just brought out for the GU Series 4. I have a fabricator that says he can build me an intercooler to fit the space. The dump though ..... there is a public hair tolerance currently with the 2.5". Massaging the firewall might have to be the go.

Cheers

Rainsey

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rainsey For This Useful Post:

MB (27th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Rainsey, glad to see you back on here mate and hope you're well. Apologies for thread hijack mate but trying to look up the Blits bonnet you kindly mentioned for GU. You got any pics or other links possibly mate as their site doesn't seem to show as yet, only Skyline type stuff I can find. Cheers!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (27th September 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    G'day Rainsey, glad to see you back on here mate and hope you're well. Apologies for thread hijack mate but trying to look up the Blits bonnet you kindly mentioned for GU. You got any pics or other links possibly mate as their site doesn't seem to show as yet, only Skyline type stuff I can find. Cheers!
    Was going to ask the same question lol.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (27th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a cool idea mate, I'm thinking it might be the bottom S15 somehow?
    image-1161234723.jpg
    Smooth as catshit underside they reckon:-)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainsey View Post
    The front mount is appealing but I have a little too much real estate already with the radiator, AC condenser, oil cooler etc. I have no issues with the tower brace being a Cab chassis. I am considering a Blits fibreglass bonnet that they have just brought out for the GU Series 4. I have a fabricator that says he can build me an intercooler to fit the space. The dump though ..... there is a public hair tolerance currently with the 2.5". Massaging the firewall might have to be the go.

Cheers

Rainsey
    Where abouts are.you Mate?

Have a look at this thread from post 281 for details of the dump. I was surprised and how well it came up and a good fitted will make it fit.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...V-TD42Ti/page8

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (27th September 2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast