OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation of High watts LED LIGHT BAR ,anybody ever bought from this?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Recommendation of High watts LED LIGHT BAR ,anybody ever bought from this?

I am a newbie, looking for led light bar for my uncle's Nissan Patrol Y61
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/336W-CREE...sAAOSwTM5Y5J7r
    Found this on ebay, wanna ask for help if anyone ever bought from this. Would be appreciated if anyone can help on getting good quality but also decent price led light bar.
    PS: I tried to put this post on the Ebay and Gumtree finds, is that an incorrect category to post such a ask-for-help thread.

Cheers mate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    have a chat with Paul at ledlightco - he's one of the vendors on here mate

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...4-LED-Light-Co

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (28th April 2017), Cookie George (28th April 2017), DX grunt (26th April 2017), MB (27th April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day mate.

My top light bar is 40 inch 200 watts, and the bottom light bar is 37 inch, 320 watt.

Got them from @Lights.

Take care out there.

Rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

Clunk (27th April 2017), Cookie George (28th April 2017), MB (27th April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    have a chat with Paul at ledlightco - he's one of the vendors on here mate http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...4-LED-Light-Co
    Thanks for the link too Clunk mate. MudRunnerTD Darren showed us his rooftop lightbar from 'Lights' this weekend just gone. Awesome design it was, the diodes point upwards into the curved reflectors creating a say 45 degree acute triangle beam keeping harsh reflection off the bonnet and bar. Mine being a white truck absolutely needs them too!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Clunk (27th April 2017), Cookie George (28th April 2017)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day @Cookie George.

First of all, this is probably a better thread for your post than ebay finds, that's more for things you've found that others might want to buy, what you're doing is asking a question, so this is the right place.
    Unfortunately my advice is going to be the same as the others on this thread, I was tossing up between LED light bars the same as you and ended up going with one of @Lights 37' Extreme Series.

Reasons being:
    - One of my mates has a light bar similar to the one you're looking at and I helped him install it just before a trip to Arkaroola, which was a 5 day trip with maybe 3 hours of proper 4x4'ing and the rest of the time being mediocre dirt roads at best. His light bar didn't even last that trip with 2 of the screws coming out (even with loctite on them) and then they wouldn't go back in for some reason and then it stopped working all together.
    - As with everything, you could buy a cheap light bar that will last until the end of time and never have a fault, but chances for that scenario are not good.
    - The light output and general awesomeness of one of @Lights is definitely up there. It's quite heavy (which I like), it's well designed, it's strong and it fits perfectly between the bottom of my ARB roof rack and my roof (can't speak for other brands).
    - Yes they are definitely more expensive than anything you're likely to get on ebay (if they aren't I'd question whether ebay is ripping you off) but my honest advice if you don't have the cash is to save a bit here and there and wait until you do.

Once I had installed my lightbar I took my mate with the el cheapo bar for a drive down the track near our house to winch a fallen tree off the road and his exact words were 'This is incredible, it's like the middle of the day...I am never buying cheap lights again'.

Each to their own, but that's my 2 cents.

LED Bar.jpg

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to michaelgreeny For This Useful Post:

Clunk (28th April 2017), Cookie George (28th April 2017), DX grunt (29th April 2017), MudRunnerTD (27th April 2017), mudski (28th April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was lucky enough to buy a light bar before the spread pattern was incorperated into them
    Mine is a 42" spot beam,, double row,, 15 degrees I think. I made brackets so it fits in front of my roof rack.
    Love it to bits, I have another single row which Ill be mounting to the side. both are connected via a 50amp Anderson plug
    Not sure Ill replace my driving lights with a bar, you just dont get the distance IMO, but the bar is awesome plenty
    of light out to the sides as well

Spray any antenna flat black lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 27th April 2017 at 10:00 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

12. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Cookie George (28th April 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    have a chat with Paul at ledlightco - he's one of the vendors on here mate

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...4-LED-Light-Co
    Cheers mate

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    G'day mate.

My top light bar is 40 inch 200 watts, and the bottom light bar is 37 inch, 320 watt.

Got them from @Lights.

Take care out there.

Rossco
    G-day mate:
    It looks amazing on your baby, actually I am still a little confused on how much size and watts I should get for the Nassan Patrol Y61, Is there any knowledge about how to pick up the right size and power light bars for Patrol beginners. Cheers mate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelgreeny View Post
    G'day @Cookie George.

First of all, this is probably a better thread for your post than ebay finds, that's more for things you've found that others might want to buy, what you're doing is asking a question, so this is the right place.
    Unfortunately my advice is going to be the same as the others on this thread, I was tossing up between LED light bars the same as you and ended up going with one of @Lights 37' Extreme Series.

Reasons being:
    - One of my mates has a light bar similar to the one you're looking at and I helped him install it just before a trip to Arkaroola, which was a 5 day trip with maybe 3 hours of proper 4x4'ing and the rest of the time being mediocre dirt roads at best. His light bar didn't even last that trip with 2 of the screws coming out (even with loctite on them) and then they wouldn't go back in for some reason and then it stopped working all together.
    - As with everything, you could buy a cheap light bar that will last until the end of time and never have a fault, but chances for that scenario are not good.
    - The light output and general awesomeness of one of @Lights is definitely up there. It's quite heavy (which I like), it's well designed, it's strong and it fits perfectly between the bottom of my ARB roof rack and my roof (can't speak for other brands).
    - Yes they are definitely more expensive than anything you're likely to get on ebay (if they aren't I'd question whether ebay is ripping you off) but my honest advice if you don't have the cash is to save a bit here and there and wait until you do.

Once I had installed my lightbar I took my mate with the el cheapo bar for a drive down the track near our house to winch a fallen tree off the road and his exact words were 'This is incredible, it's like the middle of the day...I am never buying cheap lights again'.

Each to their own, but that's my 2 cents.

LED Bar.jpg
    G-day @michaelgreeny
    These are definitely great lessons and Led light bar knowledge for beginners, I am now converted to high quality Led light bars instead of cheap but non-durable light bars.
    Winching the fallen tree off is so incredible, I would also get the same feeling as your mate did. It's such a helpful post for me.
    Cheers mate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where have my reply messages gone, I replied all those mates kind suggestions and posts in Reply or Reply with quote. Never seen any of my reply messages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast