OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panhard rod fell off, replaced with road safe Heavy duty. steerings still shonky??

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadzketb48 View Post
    Okay so it'll move when my hands are on 9 and 3 so left and right has some free play but can't seem to get any from 12 and 6 O clock or up and down ?

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by shadzketb48 View Post
    I think it could be the swivel hub? Does it sound rooted to you

If it were the top and bottom bearings in the swivel hub, you would see movement in pushing the top and bottom of the wheel moreso. What you need to do is get someone else to do the movemnts and you look to see if the tie rod end are moving, and, if the swivel hub is moving. Not just the hub itself with the wheel on it. Not a hard thing to check, its just easier if you have a hand with it. Being new wheel bearings they probably just need a nip up as they have now bedded in a bit.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    If it were the top and bottom bearings in the swivel hub, you would see movement in pushing the top and bottom of the wheel moreso. What you need to do is get someone else to do the movemnts and you look to see if the tie rod end are moving, and, if the swivel hub is moving. Not just the hub itself with the wheel on it. Not a hard thing to check, its just easier if you have a hand with it. Being new wheel bearings they probably just need a nip up as they have now bedded in a bit.
    Turns out my steering damper was set in the wrong position when he reinstalled my panhard rod. - couldn't find any free play in the wheels. Steering wheels now straight and car feels much better on the road, no looseness in the steering wheel but feels like the front end is still Swaying abit more then it should be

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12