Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Nice one, ah yes i remember now new airbox too go in. . . Very exciting hopefully not too many hurdles to go

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Thee completion list is now down to the last 15 items - yes, I want to see how this baby hauls. I expect first is going to be over and done in a second, then the fun should start! The fella in WA who I have been speaking with just upgraded his s/c nose pulley from the 76mm to the 70mm, which I went straight to. He is 'creamin'' over his GQ dual cab ute - reckons it picked up another 50hp - not on dyno, so subjective, but he backed off at 190 and still had 500rpm to the redline - egt's were starting to hit 525Deg C - all sounds like a meatty conservative outcome for him, hope mine does the same.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, its alive. Put on the rubber suits and have a quick taste. Its missing the oil filler nozzle at the front, and the new aircleaner, but it fired up on the 3rd crank. Alignment of the 8 rib serpentine belt is tight, have not got it quite right despite BD saying it was set up, but then they didn't run it either.

Now just the finishing off which I suspect will take me 2 roster breaks. Pretty happy with the outcome, sounds different to what I expected, more mechanical and belt noise.

@MB, @AB can you upload the file I am going to send you next - I cant attach - its saying java script horse do-dee etc - beyond me.

Sorry guys, having some technical nuffy moments and being guided patiently by MB. We will get there - eventually.

Sorry guys, have opened account, logged in, now no log-in, can see video on my phone, via utube but not on computer, dont do that tapp a talk thing right now or whatever - getting frustrated with this now.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 6th August 2019 at 08:08 PM.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (6th August 2019), MB (7th August 2019), mudnut (6th August 2019), MudRunnerTD (6th August 2019), poindexter (6th August 2019), Rossco (6th August 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @poindexter, I notice your engine has a different pulley that Bullet supply? on the 3 bolt support to get the s/c wrap. I have 2 pulleys with identical lips like on the take up - this is just too much control, hence I have shredded the side of the belt. I think the chamfered pulley you have, the one almost directly below the snout pulley is what I need - I have contacted Bullet to see what they say.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    @poindexter, I notice your engine has a different pulley that Bullet supply? on the 3 bolt support to get the s/c wrap. I have 2 pulleys with identical lips like on the take up - this is just too much control, hence I have shredded the side of the belt. I think the chamfered pulley you have, the one almost directly below the snout pulley is what I need - I have contacted Bullet to see what they say.
    I'm not sure that Bullet supplied that pulley, came from BD as far as I know......

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    I'm not sure that Bullet supplied that pulley, came from BD as far as I know......
    Yep, more or less confirmed with Bullet just now, BD have not owned up, despite giving them the opportunity. Anyway, a radiused pulley on the way down from Bullet, so will be here for my return.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://youtu.be/jwAPRT3Kv6Y

First run after install

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (10th August 2019), mudnut (17th August 2019), MudRunnerTD (10th August 2019), Rossco (10th August 2019), Touses (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow, doesn't sound at all like I would have expected. Can't wait to see it hauling ass through the high country though!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (10th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Hills are Alive with the sound of a Super Charger!!!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (10th August 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The engine has lost its throaty note by the looks of it. I saw a supercharger manifold for sale on Gumtree today for a TD42 - to suit the s/c used on the 3.8 holden v6. It had a strange configuration being it was very offset to one end of the manifold, but it was manufactured in the US and imported - unused - $2300
    Last edited by PeeBee; 10th August 2019 at 06:53 PM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast