User Tag List

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocking the EGR Valve

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have a late 2013 GU CRDI from new that is still under warranty (i got 5 years 140K). Would blanking off the EGR void my warranty?
    2014 ST Plus GU Patrol 3.0 CRDI, Nissan Steel Winch Bar, Domin8r 12000lb Winch with Dyneema, Roo Systems Rock Sliders, 2" Dobinsons Lift, 2.5 x 2.5 awning and full length steel roof rack. More to be added soon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,311 Times in 6,441 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UminaTroll View Post
    So I have a late 2013 GU CRDI from new that is still under warranty (i got 5 years 140K). Would blanking off the EGR void my warranty?
    Yes. Just remove it when ever you take it to Nissan. Plus its *cough* illegal *cough*.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 765 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on your dealer maybe???? On my Navara, the Head Service Guy at my local Nissan joint actually offered me a blanking plate for the EGR one time, I already had one fitted, I stopped short of telling him just in case, but the Nav was under warranty still at the time.

They actually replaced the timing chain on the Navara and had the vehicle for about a week, it had the blanking plate in then and no one noticed.

It may come down to the relationship you have with the people there, if you get on well, you may be OK. ????????????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably best to leave it as is until the warranty expires... I just wonder how much crap will go through the engine in the meantime. What about something like a catch can... would that cause issues?
    2014 ST Plus GU Patrol 3.0 CRDI, Nissan Steel Winch Bar, Domin8r 12000lb Winch with Dyneema, Roo Systems Rock Sliders, 2" Dobinsons Lift, 2.5 x 2.5 awning and full length steel roof rack. More to be added soon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to UminaTroll For This Useful Post:

threedogs (30th July 2016)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 765 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably best to leave it as is until the warranty expires... I just wonder how much crap will go through the engine in the meantime. What about something like a catch can... would that cause issues?
    I'm no expert but they could pull you up for having different size tyres if they wanted to I guess. It comes down to the dealer you go to and you can go to any of them for warranty work. You'll find some won't be bothered and others could be complete ba$$tds.

So maybe it comes down to you and how you feel about the possible risk involved.

How well do you know the dealer you're going to go to? Do they seem reasonable? Do they stay around and chat with you and answer questions or do they just want you out of the way as you're not there to buy anything?

If they hang around and chat, take you out the back to look at stuff and are happy to answer questions, then I'd say they may be lenient and understanding with things like catch cans and EGR blocks. But then again .......

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One thing to keep in mind about Factory Warranty (I stress Factory Warranty) is the Dealer does Warranty work on a parts and labour cash recovery deal from Nissan.
    I.E. what is and isn't covered/voided/constitutes a warrantable fault etc isn't the Dealers call, it is Mr Nissan.

When a potential warrantable problem is noted the Dealer/Workshop/Mechanic has to approach Nissan Aust.
    If Nissan deny the warranty claim or want more info then the Dealer has to provide it to Nissan or try and fight the good fight on your behalf.
    A good Service Dept. will go the extra yards in the fight, a bad one will just say Nissan said "Sux to be you" and if you don't agree you go duke it out with them.

Bottom line of that is the Warranty support and costs are not "on the Dealer" but are the responsibility of Nissan and the Workshop won't proceed on any work unless either Nissan or the Customer agree to reimburse him.

... for the record I had an EGR block, DP chip, 4Terrain Clutch and exhaust mods on my truck during the warranty period.
    Of about a dozen faults I only had two issues rejected, a dump pipe stud issue due to the "aftermarket exhaust" and a Dual Mass Flywheel fault due to the "Aftermarket Clutch"
    Last edited by the evil twin; 28th July 2016 at 12:38 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, turns out there was a broken wire to the egr valve that had been soldered before. Problem gone. I now don't have CEL coming up all the time. Cheets

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orsm6 For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (30th July 2016), growler2058 (30th July 2016), threedogs (30th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,656 Times in 3,122 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orsm6 View Post
    Hey guys, turns out there was a broken wire to the egr valve that had been soldered before. Problem gone. I now don't have CEL coming up all the time. Cheets
    Great outcome
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If your local Nissanship says its OK to run a catch can, then get it in writing.
    cause if it goes to pooh they may deny saying it at all

good result finding that broken wire
    Last edited by threedogs; 30th July 2016 at 07:00 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a non intercooled TD42T(Y60 Safari) and couldn't really see any pipings going from the exhaust back to intake pipe, does that mean I have no EGR valve?

Cheers
    Young

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast