Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacement stereo/nav for my Y61

Guys,

Just returned home from my touring trip of Tassie. Took my brother as it was an item to tick off his bucket list. Had a great time, although it was very wet & windy. Truck went well with no issues, and returned good fuel consumption on the standard wheels & tyres, compared to the MUDS & steelies.

Anyway ... on the run to Melbourne and back I be came aware of how inaccurate the Eclipse Stereo/nav was in my 2014 Y61. It was getting lost on the freeways, let alone the normal streets. This unit was supplied in the truck from purchase and has 2012 software. After further investigation, I think that it is no longer supported by up-dated nav software. This is a pain. Can anyone confirm this, or is a replacement unit the the better option? If so, any recommendations for a good unit with all the similar features of the Eclipse. I feel being able to up-date the nav software is critical.

Bazzaboy
    Last edited by bazzaboy; 17th August 2018 at 10:31 AM.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you repkace the unit buy something with Apple CarPlay or Android carplay and then you can use the navigation software off your phone. Also you can play your music files from your phone or a USB stick in the glovebox
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What did Nissan say about a software and map update for your unit assuming it is the nissan unit?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    What did Nissan say about a software and map update for your unit assuming it is the nissan unit?
    Nissan does not want to know about it. They say that they've had inquiries before and that it is Eclipse's responsibility or choice, to support up-dated software or not. Apparently the 2012 software that came out on the unit in the 2014 Y61 was current at that time. This model ( Eclipse AVN-827GA ) is indicated as "no longer supported" in the software section of their website.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................