Thread: Harrop 2300 supercharger to Optimiser 6500

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 2,684 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Difflocks back on line, Shuroo back on line, ran a feed to an additional fuse box to marshal all the instrument light power feeds - instead of scotch locking wires upon wires. Installed new bonnet stoppers. A.C man tomorrow, getting closer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to remember what tire size and diff ratios you are running, however I can't recall.
    In my rig, due to the H260 rear diff, the lowest numerical diff ratio I can run is 4:11.
    The sweet spot is supposed to be 1800rpm at your nominated cruise speed, which in my case is ~100kph, with stock tires (265/75x16)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am running 33r10.5r15 3.9 diff ratio Its been so long since it was on the freeway I cant recall the rpm, but am sure its around the 1950 - 2000rpm

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

poindexter (14th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=PeeBee;801141]Crawled in from the garage after another day of Covid-19 isolation and got hit with the question "Do you know how much you have spent on that truck?" No idea, was the answer, but 'SHE' is starting to add it all up I suspect to use at an appropriate time! /[QUOTE]

Looks like more cushions coming your way Phil
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=jack;801214][QUOTE=PeeBee;801141]Crawled in from the garage after another day of Covid-19 isolation and got hit with the question "Do you know how much you have spent on that truck?" No idea, was the answer, but 'SHE' is starting to add it all up I suspect to use at an appropriate time! /

Looks like more cushions coming your way Phil
    You can laugh Jack, because its probably true. I was down at the local opposite lock store today doing 'essential business that took me out of isolation, and was talking to a guy that shaded my efforts I am sure. He has a 79 series dual cab l/c and it is an absolute work of art and fitted with 'everything', and he is looking at a chassis stretch and taking the custom tray box off and starting again so the south African roof top tent can sit flush with the roof - only because its so tall, it actually stays garaged at Opposite lock because it cant fit thru the garage door. He said his wife is belly aching about the amount of money he has spent on the toy and she could be living in a mansion if not for his spending on the truck - classic reply, ' well go out and find a mansion, hopefully with someone in it to pay for it as I am doing what gives me happiness not something to covert" - Luv it!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

jack (14th April 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truck back from the a/c guy, fittings all sorted, a/c wire returned - but in a different format to original. Just need to take the grinder to the back of the grill to remove some plastic to clear the electric fan, and then wait for the pump to arrive so the surge tank can be finalised - again - third tank so far and going to be the last. Working thru the detail now for the air tank under the midlle seat - have the tank, but ports a bit small so will weld some 3/8" sockets into the ends.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took a break from work today and fixed the overhead interior light that had stopped working - had pos terminal on the neg - yep. Sorted out the instrument light feed so everything is illuminated when lights are on, installed the new Sat Phone antenna and ran cable to handset, waiting on the GPS module to complete the set-up. Drilled larger port holes into the air tank, waiting for the NPT inserts to arrive to weld into the tank. Need to chase down the feed to the clock - that's disappeared as well.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 19th April 2020 at 07:59 PM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another couple of small jobs down. Ran a new supply to the roof lights and installed an MFJ voltage booster for the HF - boosts voltage to 13.8V and 40amp avail so the radio has max grunt on transmit. Clock tomorrow and with luck the cruise control - unit has power at the steering wheel so thats a good start. Waiting for new air receiver to arrive to fit next to the compressor under the middle seat. High temp hose arrived with different fittings to advertised, so went thru the dance with the supplier and they are coming to the party to supply the adapters to meet the advertised config - never seems to end.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (21st April 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, getting closer. The clock now powered up again, simple connection issue at the fuse box, resolved one of the temp gauge issues as well, same problem it seems, installed the Celfi Mobile Phone amplifier system, 6dbi antenna on bulbar, 3dbi spare on the roofrack, amplifier inside the car with the internal antenna in the cargo barrier, amplified signal is 9/10 strength compared with base strength of 2/10 strength.

New air receiver arrived, fitting tomorrow if air fittings turn up, New sat phone spare cable arrived today so configuring a spare antenna as well over the next number of days. Might get to the chassis stiffeners, but most likely over the weekend or early next week. Just seem to be finding the odd tangent to chase downInternal antenna.JPGCelfi Amplifier.JPG6dbi antenna.JPG3 dbi spare external antenna.JPG

Found the new air compressor fan shroud is rubbing on the seat frame, vibration noisy as hell, so a bit of rejigging required in the detail. Ran the power for the compressor off the rear battery bank, using a large Anderson plug with handle as the on/off switch - sure it will work fine, tank has a 200psi vent valve fitted, not that the compressor can pump that high anyway.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (25th April 2020), MB (22nd April 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mounted a couple of strip lead lights - one under the bonnet mounted on the inside of the bonnet scoop to illuminate the engine bay and a second one on the underside of the winch bar top rail to illuminate the winch rope if required. Tidied up some more wiring, must have gone thru a zillion cable ties already.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (23rd April 2020)

Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast