OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1296 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 29679611961246128612941295129612971298130613461396 ... LastLast
Results 12,951 to 12,960 of 16491

Thread: What has made you Happy today??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do like the PTO on the Dodge, wish my GU transfer had PTO take off. Have a Thomas under some iron roofing, as was used on my trusty FJ45 SWB 20yrs ago. Was soooo good.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

MB (11th November 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldcomfort View Post
    My first grand child was born today. 8lb 2oz. Little boy. Leo. Bloody fantastic.
    Congratulations. Grand kids are great fun.
    As I lay there looking up, taking in the spectacular view that was the night sky and the multitude of stars I asked myself, where did my tent go?

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Do like the PTO on the Dodge, wish my GU transfer had PTO take off. Have a Thomas under some iron roofing, as was used on my trusty FJ45 SWB 20yrs ago. Was soooo good.
    The PTO on the GQ runs off the gearbox, not the transfer case like the Toyota. I think Nissan deleted this functionality with the GU gearbox, so if you really wanted to do something it would be a gearbox change at best - not even sure about compatibility though. Also, its a crappy setup in my eyes as there is no speed change via ratio like the Toyota - you are limited to the speed of the engine. I have a PTO driving a hydraulic pump for the hydraulic winch. I am close to purchasing either a 3:1 or 4:1 inline planetary gearbox and running it in reverse to speed the pump up to gain some line speed - just need the time to sort this out after confirming it will fit - adds another 200mm to the drive chain with the additional box between PTO and the pump and needs all sorts of adapters and alignment plates - another nightmare garage job!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    The PTO on the GQ runs off the gearbox, not the transfer case like the Toyota. I think Nissan deleted this functionality with the GU gearbox, so if you really wanted to do something it would be a gearbox change at best - not even sure about compatibility though. Also, its a crappy setup in my eyes as there is no speed change via ratio like the Toyota - you are limited to the speed of the engine. I have a PTO driving a hydraulic pump for the hydraulic winch. I am close to purchasing either a 3:1 or 4:1 inline planetary gearbox and running it in reverse to speed the pump up to gain some line speed - just need the time to sort this out after confirming it will fit - adds another 200mm to the drive chain with the additional box between PTO and the pump and needs all sorts of adapters and alignment plates - another nightmare garage job!
    To be honest had not looked into doing PTO for the patrol as heard that GU did not have capability of PTO take off..The lack of ratios by using gearbox in stead of transfer would be very limiting to say the least. Had a hilux after FJ45 with a warn electric on it so swapped over. Must say, yeah PTO (just pullls)..my preference.

Security of having a winch is reassuring, but must say these days with a lot of the tracks/trails where I go have had access closed off and the need for using the winch now is very uncommon. But would not take it off as pretty easy to slip off track or even a need to pull a log out of the way. Most of my driving up the mnts is by myself so pretty cautious. Use it more at home pulling old pines out of the windbreak for firewood or grubbing things out.

Your project to fit up the hydraulic unit sounds huge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do not often go away weekends, did Thurs-Sat found some sole time. Fishing was bit quiet up past Kiandra on the dam. The water levels are so low and troublesome and I don't think it is just Snowy Hydro mgt., Will see...Did a run into the Bidgee River near Kiandra and the track had been recently graded 2wd the whole way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bidja; 12th November 2018 at 10:23 AM.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

FNQGU (14th November 2018), GQtdauto (14th November 2018), Hodge (12th November 2018), MB (13th November 2018), PeeBee (12th November 2018), Rossco (12th November 2018), TPC (15th November 2018), Yeti's Beast (14th November 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest had not looked into doing PTO for the patrol as heard that GU did not have capability of PTO take off..The lack of ratios by using gearbox in stead of transfer would be very limiting to say the least. Had a hilux after FJ45 with a warn electric on it so swapped over. Must say, yeah PTO (just pullls)..my preference.

Security of having a winch is reassuring, but must say these days with a lot of the tracks/trails where I go have had access closed off and the need for using the winch now is very uncommon. But would not take it off as pretty easy to slip off track or even a need to pull a log out of the way. Most of my driving up the mnts is by myself so pretty cautious. Use it more at home pulling old pines out of the windbreak for firewood or grubbing things out.

Your project to fit up the hydraulic unit sounds huge.
    The existing PTO hyd pump setup was big enough, especially doing the fit up on the garage floor under the truck, but now, its a case of trying to squeeze the additional length in between the cross member and the exhaust, then find room for the over pressure valve - will see if its even possible - might have to stay with the existing line speed at the end of the day.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Bidja (12th November 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not often go away weekends, did Thurs-Sat found some sole time. Fishing was bit quiet up past Kiandra on the dam. The water levels are so low and troublesome and I don't think it is just Snowy Hydro mgt., Will see...Did a run into the Bidgee River near Kiandra and the track had been recently graded 2wd the whole way.
    Looks fantastic up there. See if the Greens get there way in the next election a lot of that High Country will be locked up

Proud BTrol Owner
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Yeti's Beast For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (14th November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @MB we used a Mack truck when concreting the retaining walls on the Ghan from
    Marla bore [ only police station then]south to Kingoonya, It was a round nosed job from memory, we used
    it to unload rio for all the flood walls still have 2 scares on my stomack 100mm
    apart when the driver took off before we could unload the mesh
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (16th November 2018), MB (14th November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crikey John, very lucky mate!
    I’m sure them sticks were nice and rusty too, hard to find a tetanus shot out there in those days would imagine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti's Beast View Post
    Looks fantastic up there. See if the Greens get there way in the next election a lot of that High Country will be locked up

Proud BTrol Owner
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah am disappointed, even now, that I cannot drive thru and get to places I went, back thru the 80s. Now there is a gate on this track at Tantangara ck crossing, use to cross and go thru real lovely grasslands to reach the Bidgee where we use to stay in a hut. Too many people and some that just want to rip the place up and then we are locked out. Use to get a fright in these areas if an other vehicle was heard.

But do remain to enjoy and find quiet places and different experiences. These Brumbies just came up behind one day, as walking out from a fish, just to check what was going on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (16th November 2018), Hodge (14th November 2018), MB (14th November 2018), PeeBee (14th November 2018), Rossco (14th November 2018), rusty_nail (17th November 2018), Sir Roofy (22nd November 2018), Yeti's Beast (16th November 2018)

Page 1296 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 29679611961246128612941295129612971298130613461396 ... LastLast