OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Best place to buy Warn Hi mount parts?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I decided to bight the bullet and bought the Gigglepin brake shaft kit. Thinking over what MB said earlier, the GU is a tank, safety first. Ended up paying $376 including delivery for it. I couldn't say no. I'm wondering if the Giggplepin top hat shaft upgrade kit is worth doing too. The gear seems fine in mine, spins nice, not lose or notchy.
    Last edited by mudski; 4th July 2018 at 10:34 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (4th July 2018), MudRunnerTD (4th July 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 4,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re all happy if you’re happy, bargain mate! Now load that puppy up with an Iskra/Mahle on some serious engine amps, awesome:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

mudski (4th July 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice edit, happy days still mate :-)
    We might have a standard width Delta air drum floating around so you can blank that off I believe? Would need replacement within say 12 UK £ months ;-)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Nice edit, happy days still mate :-)
    We might have a standard width Delta air drum floating around so you can blank that off I believe? Would need replacement within say 12 UK £ months ;-)

Sorry Mark. I have no idea what that is.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lugged two home years back before Australian exclusivity as genuine checked baggage. +76mm I’m currently running, other is still 12 months away being installed: http://delta-tek.co.uk/11-freespool-drum.html
    RoadRunner I believe now have the Aussie ripper deals bulk landed and in stock always!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

mudski (5th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    So I got home, and went straight into the garage and gave it a good crack and it finally popped out. A fair bit of force was needed but its out.Thank you to Darren for the encouragement. The bush behind the seal was the bugger I reckon. Now its all having a good bath in the parts washing tub. I need to get a new locking plate now as the other one is looking a bit bent up...
    I blew a locking plate in the bush a few years ago and had to replace it. I 9rdered one lically ans for stuffed around and ordered on off amazon and they noth arrived the same bloody day. Happy to sell you one Mark. I th8nk i have 2.in a drawer that i will never fit. Still in packages
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (4th July 2018), mudski (5th July 2018)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Lugged two home years back before Australian exclusivity as genuine checked baggage. +76mm I’m currently running, other is still 12 months away being installed: http://delta-tek.co.uk/11-freespool-drum.html
    RoadRunner I believe now have the Aussie ripper deals bulk landed and in stock always!

righto. what are you wanting for it? Edit : Never mind. just saw what they are worth. A bit out of my league. Would be a nice addition though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I blew a locking plate in the bush a few years ago and had to replace it. I 9rdered one lically ans for stuffed around and ordered on off amazon and they noth arrived the same bloody day. Happy to sell you one Mark. I th8nk i have 2.in a drawer that i will never fit. Still in packages
    Ordered and paid for it last night Darren. Cheers for the offer though mate. I also bought the freespool eliminator too. After some reading it seems the freespool lever is a waste of time to use and has been known to freespool by itself. Not taking that chance, so for $70 it was a no brainer.

Darren you think the top hat bearing upgrade kit would be worth it?
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gigglepi...UAAOSw1JVZ9B~S
    Last edited by mudski; 5th July 2018 at 08:34 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (5th July 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    righto. what are you wanting for it? Edit : Never mind. A bit out of my league. Would be a nice addition though.

Ordered and paid for it last night Darren. Cheers for the offer though mate. I also bought the freespool eliminator too. After some reading it seems the freespool lever is a waste of time to use and has been known to freespool by itself. Not taking that chance, so for $70 it was a no brainer.

Darren you think the top hat bearing upgrade kit would be worth it?
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gigglepi...UAAOSw1JVZ9B~S
    Not really mate. I fitted it to ABs winch specifically because we had to swap out the top hat gear. Warn dont sell a separate tophat gear. The tophat is a single part number and not serviceable. GP have deaigned that part so it is.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (5th July 2018), mudski (5th July 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Not really mate. I fitted it to ABs winch specifically because we had to swap out the top hat gear. Warn dont sell a separate tophat gear. The tophat is a single part number and not serviceable. GP have deaigned that part so it is.
    Guys running Hellfire gear sets have to change that tophat gear too so that would have been the catalyst for GP designing a bush replacement there. its a cool little kit but a very very small % gain.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (5th July 2018), mudski (5th July 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop pulling little old 2.5hp geared scrub weeds out AB mate or we’ll have to get Daz to install some Demons in your 8724 15mm cable, my old bad :-)
    Nice 6hp rebuild for sure gents!!
    “Hellfire’s” sound wicked Darren, please do kindly teach what they’re all about?
    Well beyond our needs but we’re super keen to learn a bit please brother!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast