Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1855

Thread: MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got a bit more done over the weekend. Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I moved the the radiator 9ver flow bottle forward because I could n9r get the air filter out damn it. I also had to move and remount the pump for the water to air IC which was in the way. NO pics.

I installed the wiper washer bottle and the Battery!!! This is a big deal! We have power now!

I bought the Paint on Saturday. Enough to do the car Twice for $200. This is the Shit guys. This is tough. The Comp Trucks are all painted in this paint.

Cleaned u0 a little more wiring and then mounted the centre Console back in!! Lie the new high lid!!

Also mounted the 600Amp Continuous isolation switch for the 24v. Stoked. It sits there perfect.

Getting there. Here is the 2 Red Top Optima batteries for the 24v. One behi nd the passenger and the other under the fridge mount . Perfect fit.

Next weekend I will drop the oil and give it a service. Fill the radiator and Intercooler and Start the Car!!! Can't wait.

Getting there gents.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (11th February 2018), Lights (12th February 2018), MB (11th February 2018), Rossco (11th February 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooh nice one

When's it getting painted and where's the first trip ? . . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

MB (11th February 2018), MudRunnerTD (11th February 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Oooh nice one

When's it getting painted and where's the first trip ? . . .

Next few weeks for the paint. Need to pick a weekend of good weather so I can sand on Saturday and paint Sunday. I d9nr really want to sand it then leave it to the elements for a week.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (11th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,244 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocking along now Daz, looks great, well done mate!
    Some very professional looking industrial elecy crimps there, @matfew would be proud of you ;-) Keep up the good work, see you at the Mansfield shindig soon, us together in tears :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Keep up the good work, see you at the Mansfield shindig soon, us together in tears :-)

Haha wss going to mention it but thought I'd be nice. . . Yeah I'll come along too and we can all go down together

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

MB (11th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,244 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Safety in numbers you say thanks mate :-( My old 6.5 heavy twactor can’t keep up on the highway with you Borgwarner blokes :-) https://youtu.be/U7euHEfdIhM

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

AB (11th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm calling Easter meet at Mansfield pub Thursday night before Good Friday at 7pm!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

MB (11th February 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I'm calling Easter meet at Mansfield pub Thursday night before Good Friday at 7pm!!!

Ha Hahaha. You guys have got Buckley of me ever driving through Mansfield. No Chance. Not even at 3am on a random weeknight! Let alone a long weekend

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (11th February 2018), MB (11th February 2018), Rossco (11th February 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Serviced the GQ yesterday. Dropped the oil and replaced the oil filters and fuel filter. I gave everything a once over. Made sure there was nothing random laying amongst the engine bay.

Today I turned the key and it cranked back into life like it was parked up yesterday. Not a puff of smoke. Went straight into idle and purred. I used the hand throttle to lift the idle to 2000rpm after it warmed for 10 minutes and bled the cooling system for 40 minutes.

Very very happy.

Getting there gents.

Went for a drive with Lights last night and it out a bit of a fire as we did some challenging stuff just to get a feel for it. I was Navi in his 80 which has been parked for a while too. Had a great night.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Avo (4th March 2018), jay see (18th February 2018), MB (19th February 2018), Winnies-missus (19th February 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well and truly getting there now gents. A few crappy jobs I have been putting off are now sorted.

I have completed the wiring for the 24v and installed trhe excite circuit to trigger the 24v alternator through the ignition. Stoked.

I used the ignition source from the back of the cig plug for the 24v relay switch and replaced the cig plug with a dual 2.1amp USB plug for the win.

I also fitted another twin 2.1 usb to the back of the console and a 24v Anderson plug to run the Engel on 24v cause I can.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 4th March 2018 at 09:25 PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (5th March 2018), MB (5th March 2018), NissanGQ4.2 (6th March 2018)

Page 139 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast