Thread: Indicator lights in bull bar

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indicator lights in bull bar

Finally tracked down some lights to fit in the holes of the new bar on the GQ. After a bit research still not sure if it even is an ARB bar but could be. . The only indicator ARB list for a GQ is a different size so could be an early one or not ARB. .

Anyway, lights fit the cutout perfectly but not sure how they are supposed to mount up to the tabs at the back. See pics, and if anyone can get some pics of similar setup mounted that would be great.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar to my TJM bar that's about the same vintage , I will check mine tomorrow as I have a broken lens and it needs to come out , what are those worth mate .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah cheers mate legend. They were 70 bucks plus postage, look pretty snazzy I reckon. .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they're not broken that's a start , I think I tried unscrewing it once before but mine are rusted badly from memory , either way I'll get the measurement of the distance of the screw holes and size of lens .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

Rossco (15th November 2017)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rossco I had my arm twisted by the nightmare vass engineer in Bayswater and ended up finding a pair of indicators to suit the arb deluxe bar, might even be led, but have not fitted them as yet, however they
    We're identical to the original arb lights. Only difference was the old lights were just indicators where the updated ones are like yours with the Parkersburg as well. Probably does not help you but I could try and find them and get you a part number if you are interested?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah awesome if you can get a picture of the back of it that would be sweet as.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Rossco I had my arm twisted by the nightmare vass engineer in Bayswater and ended up finding a pair of indicators to suit the arb deluxe bar, might even be led, but have not fitted them as yet, however they
    We're identical to the original arb lights. Only difference was the old lights were just indicators where the updated ones are like yours with the Parkersburg as well. Probably does not help you but I could try and find them and get you a part number if you are interested?
    I think i had a sneaky look @ your bar and it is definitely an ARB. They are slightly smaller and are recessed in a bit. I originally got these ones then tried them & were too small. Cheers heaps but all good. . .

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rang arb initially and they only listed the indicator alone. The Bayswater guy told me the car Ess unroadworthy if he was to do the engineering on it because the front Parkersburg were obscured by the arb bar side upright. I challenged him as to how this could even be on the road in the first place, but he simply said it did not meet today,s regs and would not be passed so I found the other lights but just have not got round to fitting them as yet. Sure they are a direct change over

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The holes in my bar have no tabs at the back. Instead the light itself has an additional black plastic surround which recesses the light into the bar at an angle. The Surround attaches to the bar with two screws & the light attaches to the surround with two screws

DSC00158.jpgDSC00157.jpg

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Rossco (16th November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bar which is TJM is different to yours mate but here's the stats of the blinker lens .
    Screw hole centres are 208mm , width of hole in bulbar is 190mm X 58mm.
    Whole assembly has to be fitted from the back as it's bigger than the hole in the bar .

IMG_8228.JPG

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

Pete49 (3rd April 2020), Rossco (16th November 2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast