Thanks
    Thanked 4,652 Times in 3,121 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    sorry mate missed this.

Really good. Can't get egts over 300 so we'll have to test it out this weekend!

So happy to drive this car again!

It's different...lol...as soon as boost kicks in it just wants to take off like a rocket so I've got to learn fine pedalling in the bush.
    Although you have an insane amount of power the lightened fly woukd be assisting that acceleration aswell wouldn't it?

I'm unsure what my zd has in it but when it does go I'll be going a solid (if not already in) and looking to lighten it..
    2.2kg is a fair weight removed.. @benny woukd you say 2kg is max or was there room for more?
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,756 Times in 8,578 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguwesty View Post
    Although you have an insane amount of power the lightened fly woukd be assisting that acceleration aswell wouldn't it? I'm unsure what my zd has in it but when it does go I'll be going a solid (if not already in) and looking to lighten it.. 2.2kg is a fair weight removed.. @benny woukd you say 2kg is max or was there room for more?
    Yes, it brings rpm up quicker than before for sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Could have taken more out. Have seen 4kg taken out of a standard flywheel. For what its worth I probably wouldnt touch the zd flywheel. Just balance the assembly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (3rd August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,652 Times in 3,121 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Could have taken more out. Have seen 4kg taken out of a standard flywheel. For what its worth I probably wouldnt touch the zd flywheel. Just balance the assembly.
    Dam 4kg is a lot removed..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We are either getting very close to isolating my issue or very far away.

The last 4 weeks has killed me and is pretty much the most annoying issue I have ever had on any vehicle.

This week will be the decider and I'll write up a full story of my troubles which has been a many sleepless nights.

I wanted to post this to say a million thank you's to Matty! He has been a great friend to bounce my issues and offer solid guidance.

I've gained superior knowledge of many things with my issues which is a bonus but without Matty I would've given up weeks ago and copped many $$$ mechanic bills to be in the exact position I am in now.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (28th August 2016), Chappy (3rd September 2016), jay see (28th August 2016), MB (29th August 2016), MudRunnerTD (28th August 2016), Rossco (28th August 2016), Stropp (29th August 2016), Winnie (28th August 2016), Woof (28th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good job AB, Newby is one of a kind. Can't wait till it's sorted mate!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (28th August 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Good job AB, Newby is one of a kind. Can't wait till it's sorted mate!!
    Never actually found out why he chose that name actually, or is it a play on words?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I should fess up with what has been going on the last 5 weeks, still not solved and slowly killing me trying to work out what is going on to be honest!

On our last trip to Licola I had a bit of blue smoke out of the exhaust on the way down to our trip to Licola.

Checked the oil the next day before heading out on our daily 4wd adventure to find the dipstick empty...WTF!

I had dumped a litre of oil from the new turbo into the IC lines into the engine of course in only 250km.

So that was my weekend gone, thanks to Darren as he was driving we got the car towed back to my house.

Being a new turbo I sent it back to the supplier who checked it out all out and confirmed it was fine and that the issue was with my car, set up, etc.

The last 5 weeks we have performed a million and one tests in which everything is turning out fine so the mystery is still continuing...

Probably another dozen or so other checks done but these main ones come to mind for now as I'm starting to get lost with everything!

Compression is spot on.

Oil pressure is spot on, bought an after market gauge as well to be sure.

Oil breather and crank case pressure is spot on

Brand new oil, everything fine.

Oil feed is fine, BW turbo has an inbuilt restriction too for the win.

Running turbo with no air filter and no exhaust is still leaking so can eliminate any air restriction / exhaust restriction.

Oil drain we thought was spot on, well the angle of drain and my barb in the sump and position in sump is spot on but word back from BW is that my oil drain ID should be 15mm not 12mm in what I was supplied.

Trying to find the right oil drain fitting to test but I am not sure this will be the fix but fingers firmly crossed!

I'm in WA for the next 7 days so I'll have to get back to this another time but fingers crossed to find out what the hell is causing the seals on my turbo to draw oil through!

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Chappy (3rd September 2016), jay see (4th September 2016), Kimbo63 (4th September 2016), MudRunnerTD (3rd September 2016), Sherro (3rd September 2016), Stropp (3rd September 2016), Winnie (3rd September 2016), Woof (3rd September 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a nightmare.. Let's hope you find the solution soon..
    '96 GQ TD42t

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chappy For This Useful Post:

AB (3rd September 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I should fess up with what has been going on the last 5 weeks, still not solved and slowly killing me trying to work out what is going on to be honest!

On our last trip to Licola I had a bit of blue smoke out of the exhaust on the way down to our trip to Licola.

Checked the oil the next day before heading out on our daily 4wd adventure to find the dipstick empty...WTF!

I had dumped a litre of oil from the new turbo into the IC lines into the engine of course in only 250km.

So that was my weekend gone, thanks to Darren as he was driving we got the car towed back to my house.

Being a new turbo I sent it back to the supplier who checked it out all out and confirmed it was fine and that the issue was with my car, set up, etc.

The last 5 weeks we have performed a million and one tests in which everything is turning out fine so the mystery is still continuing...

Probably another dozen or so other checks done but these main ones come to mind for now as I'm starting to get lost with everything!

Compression is spot on.

Oil pressure is spot on, bought an after market gauge as well to be sure.

Oil breather and crank case pressure is spot on

Brand new oil, everything fine.

Oil feed is fine, BW turbo has an inbuilt restriction too for the win.

Running turbo with no air filter and no exhaust is still leaking so can eliminate any air restriction / exhaust restriction.

Oil drain we thought was spot on, well the angle of drain and my barb in the sump and position in sump is spot on but word back from BW is that my oil drain ID should be 15mm not 12mm in what I was supplied.

Trying to find the right oil drain fitting to test but I am not sure this will be the fix but fingers firmly crossed!

I'm in WA for the next 7 days so I'll have to get back to this another time but fingers crossed to find out what the hell is causing the seals on my turbo to draw oil through!
    Does your oil return above or below the sump oil level? Do you have a one way valve in the drain line? Does it even need one I dunno. But could it be back flow up your oil drain?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sooty_10; 3rd September 2016 at 08:52 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sooty_10 For This Useful Post:

AB (3rd September 2016)

Page 149 of 220 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast