Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diesel hard to start hot.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,411 Times in 6,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What has Andy at diesel tec said about it? Does he think it's normal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Yeah not a bad idea. I know what he'll say, just put a big V8 petrol in, he likes his petrols. He's got a td 42 GU ute but didn't have to much good to say about it, not enough power for him!

Yeah thought about swapping pump out but it's a fair bit of money down the drain and can't quite afford it atm. Would be good to see how some other 12mm's perform, if AB and chappy gets their ones up & running be interesting. Remember talking to the guys at racebred looking at their race truck. They said it was temperamental to start but that was a highly tweaked td.
    surely there must be a way of doing it MayBE tweek it back a ciggy paper thickness sounds like trying to set the boost
    on a 3l you either get it or not
    it all has to do with pressure and you have to keep it on could be just that bit to forward and needs to go back
    as above

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie4wder View Post
    Ha bugger that's kind of not what I wanted to hear. Just started the ute up from dead cold and it wanted to play up a little bit, I am going to test the glow plugs and go from there even though when the car is at operating temp the glow plugs shouldn't play a part of stating the ute, or am I wrong in saying that
    Is it the original engine and original injector pump and injectors?

Is there a black box on the back of the injector pump?

Have you tried the cold water suggested earlier and what was the result?

It does sound like the injector pump is the culprit.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah not a bad idea. I know what he'll say, just put a big V8 petrol in, he likes his petrols. He's got a td 42 GU ute but didn't have to much good to say about it, not enough power for him!

Yeah thought about swapping pump out but it's a fair bit of money down the drain and can't quite afford it atm. Would be good to see how some other 12mm's perform, if AB and chappy gets their ones up & running be interesting. Remember talking to the guys at racebred looking at their race truck. They said it was temperamental to start but that was a highly tweaked td.
    This is no good. Take it back to diesel-tec and get him to remove the pump and repair it. There is obviously something wrong internally that wont be able to be fixed on the car. If a 12mm is built correctly it will work as any other pump does. The later toyota 6 cylinders came standard with a 12mm. Even that comp truck guy probably needs some work done to his although at the rpm range he is using it most of the time it probably doesnt matter to much.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    This is no good. Take it back to diesel-tec and get him to remove the pump and repair it. There is obviously something wrong internally that wont be able to be fixed on the car. If a 12mm is built correctly it will work as any other pump does. The later toyota 6 cylinders came standard with a 12mm. Even that comp truck guy probably needs some work done to his although at the rpm range he is using it most of the time it probably doesnt matter to much.
    Cheers Matty, that's kind of what i wanted to hear. I'll get in touch with Andrew again see how we go, hopefully we'll. I did ask him last time it was in, he said to see how it goes and let him know. Kinda hard being busy and all . . .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kind of? ....

Thanks
    Thanked 20,751 Times in 8,576 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Kind of? ....
    I think he means your comment on the pump being the issue and needing someone to agree and not possible other reasons flying around his head at the moment no doubt.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Matty, that's kind of what i wanted to hear. I'll get in touch with Andrew again see how we go, hopefully we'll. I did ask him last time it was in, he said to see how it goes and let him know. Kinda hard being busy and all . . .
    Hey Rossco I can run around for you mate
    and anybody else who needs a hand just let me know

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sir Roofy For This Useful Post:

mudnut (7th May 2016), Rossco (11th May 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah good to know for sure that it's not right, not just a 12mm trait. Is just a bugger as it's gone back in the shop a couple of times already, feels like it's been a pretty lengthy process to get it right.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest thing I have done is spat the dummy with it and pulled the injector pump out and taken it to Alberts diesel in Launceston to have it rebuilt. Little bit costly I think but I will find out the price tomorrow and hopefully when I put it back in it fixes the problem( fingers crossed)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast