OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Looking for advice from the gourou's out there

  1. #11
    Expert First Pooy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    224
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

     

  3. #12
    Smart like tractor Ben-e-boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,379
    Thanks
    727
    Thanked 3,818 Times in 1,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    I am convinced I have been sent the wrong bar from superior and here are the pics
    If thats the case measure centres and compare to the factory bar. In reality it should end up about an inch or so longer than the factory bar to re-centre everything


    Again, how did you go with your pinion angle. It still looks like it's rolled a fair way forward
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT


  4. #13
    Expert First Pooy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    224
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    If thats the case measure centres and compare to the factory bar. In reality it should end up about an inch or so longer than the factory bar to re-centre everything


    Again, how did you go with your pinion angle. It still looks like it's rolled a fair way forward
    So far the mesurments say it is right but I will finish the front end first and recheck it again and if I go the lower control arms eventually it would push the back wheels back again and change the tail shaft angle also

  5. #14
    Smart like tractor Ben-e-boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,379
    Thanks
    727
    Thanked 3,818 Times in 1,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the measurements say it's right, then it'll be right.

    Didn't you get adjustable uppers? Adjust them to set the angle
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT


  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

    mudski (7th September 2019), rusty_nail (7th September 2019)

  7. #15
    Expert First Pooy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    224
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    If the measurements say it's right, then it'll be right.

    Didn't you get adjustable uppers? Adjust them to set the angle
    Yeah I got adjustable upper control arms but the wheels are very close to the gaurd so longer lower will give me more room and better stability/flex

  8. #16
    Patrol God mudnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SW Vic.
    Posts
    6,870
    Thanks
    7,724
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,371 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Remember to leave all bushes loose enough to settle in the right position once the vehicle is on the ground. This allows you to tighten them so it doesn't put undue stress on them when flexing.

  9. #17
    In Moderation
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    13,882
    Thanks
    6,323
    Thanked 8,019 Times in 4,929 Posts
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    If thats the case measure centres and compare to the factory bar. In reality it should end up about an inch or so longer than the factory bar to re-centre everything


    Again, how did you go with your pinion angle. It still looks like it's rolled a fair way forward
    Yeah you can clearly see in the last pic the diff is pointing down too much still.

    Just for shits and giggles. You haven't got the control arms in arse about? As the bush ends are angled so there is a left and right to them. Just thinking if they are arse about it may be stopping you from correctly adjusting the panhard... Dunno...
    Last edited by mudski; 7th September 2019 at 06:36 PM.

  10. #18
    Advanced tryan277's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Melbourne, Southern Burbs
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not have a answer to your question, but the orientation of your shocks, is there a reason why you installed them the way you have?
    To me they are upside down. Maybe it does not matter.

    Cheers Trevor

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to tryan277 For This Useful Post:

    rusty_nail (7th September 2019)

  12. #19
    In Moderation
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    13,882
    Thanks
    6,323
    Thanked 8,019 Times in 4,929 Posts
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tryan277 View Post
    Do not have a answer to your question, but the orientation of your shocks, is there a reason why you installed them the way you have?
    To me they are upside down. Maybe it does not matter.

    Cheers Trevor
    The pics are just upside down. Lol. They are the right way mate. The blue boot is covering the shock absorber shaft.

  13. #20
    Expert First Pooy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    224
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    Remember to leave all bushes loose enough to settle in the right position once the vehicle is on the ground. This allows you to tighten them so it doesn't put undue stress on them when flexing.
    Yeah I left everything lose until the patrols full wieght was on them and then torqed them up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •