OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking at Garden Mulchers. Does anyone use these?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,311 Times in 6,441 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo63 View Post
    I'm with cuppa here mark get a couple of compost bins going you a throwing out good food for your veggies mate
    Totally agree. But. 1. I dont have a veggie garden yet, or a compost bin. And 2, I am filling two bins a week. Theres no way I can compose/ compost that each week. There is seriously a lot that I need to clean up.
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    If you ever want any Yucca give me a buzz
    Whats a yucca?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,422 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Totally agree. But. 1. I dont have a veggie garden yet, or a compost bin. And 2, I am filling two bins a week. Theres no way I can compose/ compost that each week. There is seriously a lot that I need to clean up.

Whats a yucca?
    Make a big compost pile mate. It will take a good 6 months to decompose anyway, then you could store it or sell it if you still dont have a garden. I've got a little compost bin going but have started to do all my composting in the chicken coop.
    The chicken manure makes the compost heaps more beneficial.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

mudski (31st March 2017), threedogs (31st March 2017)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Make a big compost pile mate. It will take a good 6 months to decompose anyway, then you could store it or sell it if you still dont have a garden. I've got a little compost bin going but have started to do all my composting in the chicken coop.
    The chicken manure makes the compost heaps more beneficial.
    Yeah I have a corner of the block where I will start to pile some up for sure. A veggie patch is a must in the near future. I just need to try and get something to mulch it down as there is way too much here that needs to be cut, and way too much here to just keep. I had spotted the other night, a petrol Masport mulcher on eBay for $200. In Weribee. But it sold. I will just save my pennies for now, and cut by hand, and look for a petrol powered jobbie.
    Its funny, our bins go out on Sunday night, so just about everyone in the street spends the Sunday arvo doing a yard cleanup and filling their bin. We have two for some reason so better for us.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,422 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Yeah I have a corner of the block where I will start to pile some up for sure. A veggie patch is a must in the near future. I just need to try and get something to mulch it down as there is way too much here that needs to be cut, and way too much here to just keep. I had spotted the other night, a petrol Masport mulcher on eBay for $200. In Weribee. But it sold. I will just save my pennies for now, and cut by hand, and look for a petrol powered jobbie.
    Its funny, our bins go out on Sunday night, so just about everyone in the street spends the Sunday arvo doing a yard cleanup and filling their bin. We have two for some reason so better for us.
    Maybe cos you have a bigger block? We get one big green wheelie bin which goes out once a fortnight. Only just enough for grass clippings, lucky we don't have many trees.
    The mulcher will still be great even when you are composting, it will speed the process up heaps.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,774 Times in 2,034 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your probably got 2 green bins because the previous owner ordered an extra. We did that here, the in laws went from a household of 2 - 6.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Maybe cos you have a bigger block? We get one big green wheelie bin which goes out once a fortnight. Only just enough for grass clippings, lucky we don't have many trees.
    The mulcher will still be great even when you are composting, it will speed the process up heaps.
    I think it what Jay see said. The previous owners must have organised it. As next doors block is double mine and they only have one bin. A few less tree's too. This place has NOT been looked after, very over grown.
    We have just a few tree's. Lol This pic is of just the front of the house and down the driveway which is really long, I love that. To the right of the pic its really overgrown there. Way too many trees in the one spot, and then there the massive Chinese lantern shrub on the left just past the house which comes out about 2.5 meters from the fence line. This is in the back yard too and massive.
    20170331_125612 (Medium).jpg

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever you decide to buy - I would rent one first from a hire place to see how it goes. I have tried to use these things for years and they are a PITA! They are forever clogging up and unless you spend big dollars - they just don't do the job.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BillsGU For This Useful Post:

mudski (31st March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,774 Times in 2,034 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Bills idea, try before you buy.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123