OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 876 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 376776826866874875876877878886926976 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,760 of 10481

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Replaced it as a daily driver with my dear old departed dad's Mitsubishi Pajero.

Taken the Patrol off the road and parked it up..... Time for the slow process of giving it some TLC.Then will decide whether I'm going to keep it or not.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,003 Times in 3,398 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Replaced it as a daily driver with my dear old departed dad's Mitsubishi Pajero.

Taken the Patrol off the road and parked it up..... Time for the slow process of giving it some TLC.Then will decide whether I'm going to keep it or not.
    Mate I'm in a similar position. Don't use the Patrol like I used to, but month by month the insurance sucks my account then every year the govt hits me with rego. Big bucks for the old faithful sitting under the carport. Honestly thinking of offloading the Trol and the daily driver xtrail and buying a Paj as a capable 4b but able to use as a daily too. Save heaps of $$, two back to one. What year is your dear old departed dad's Paj Clunky?

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Mate I'm in a similar position. Don't use the Patrol like I used to, but month by month the insurance sucks my account then every year the govt hits me with rego. Big bucks for the old faithful sitting under the carport. Honestly thinking of offloading the Trol and the daily driver xtrail and buying a Paj as a capable 4b but able to use as a daily too. Save heaps of $$, two back to one. What year is your dear old departed dad's Paj Clunky?
    It's a 2003 NP Exceed 3.5ltr petty, with around 230k on the clock. Tell you what, it's bloody nice having an auto again and also a car with a half decent turning circle. More comfortable than the old GQ and oddly enough, more room.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (25th November 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's a 2003 NP Exceed 3.5ltr petty, with around 230k on the clock. Tell you what, it's bloody nice having an auto again and also a car with a half decent turning circle. More comfortable than the old GQ and oddly enough, more room.
    Yeah im looking at NT's (forgive me for discussing this on my beloved Patrol forum). Have to get my arse into one though before I go from contemplation to serious. Could tow the van, do what I want in the bush (passed the urge for serious offroading) and be the daily. Save me over 3k a year on current two vehicle regos and insurance when I only need one ride. Will break my heart though to sell the 42TD Trol. I've choked up in the past selling loved vehicles but you gotta move on. Next step for me is to test drive Pajs to see if we fit then make a decision.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

Clunk (25th November 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Yeah im looking at NT's (forgive me for discussing this on my beloved Patrol forum). Have to get my arse into one though before I go from contemplation to serious. Could tow the van, do what I want in the bush (passed the urge for serious offroading) and be the daily. Save me over 3k a year on current two vehicle regos and insurance when I only need one ride. Will break my heart though to sell the 42TD Trol. I've choked up in the past selling loved vehicles but you gotta move on. Next step for me is to test drive Pajs to see if we fit then make a decision.
    Yeah I must admit, I'm not so emotional attached to this GQ, I was with the first one and still miss it now...... Don't think I'll get another TD42 if I was to let this one go though.
    Last edited by Clunk; 25th November 2018 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I must admit, I'm not so emotional with this GQ, I was with the first one and still miss it now...... Don't think I'll get another TD42 if I was to let this one go though.
    Yeah its by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. My freedom machine. Go anywhere, any time. But life goes on and right now it just sits there. Every time I look at it, it says c'mon lets go somewhere, I'll take you there, we've had so many good times!

I really don't know just yet but if it's just parked up it should take someone else out there. There's nothing like this vehicle available now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

Clunk (26th November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Took my Y62 for its first off road jaunt today... dang they are good!

Sure got a lot more nooks and crannies for the Mud to get into tho...
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

AB (26th November 2018), MB (26th November 2018), Plasnart (26th November 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just replaced my speedo pinion with a 15 cog (brown). It brought my 3.9 diff's on 33" tyres back to 99-100% accuracy. It was 9-10% out prior to that.
    Just confirmed before with 2 different GPS units. Should have done this ages ago!

2005 TD42TI

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Bidja (2nd December 2018), Cremulator (3rd December 2018), MB (2nd December 2018), PeeBee (2nd December 2018), Plasnart (2nd December 2018), Yeti's Beast (2nd December 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got to tie rod and drag link today, straight forward, but they are noticeably bigger than the originals. Was going to have a crack at the spacers, but simply ran out of time. One thing though, when you upgrade from stock to aftermarket, the steering damper brackets are supplied loose, or at least they were on mine, so you need to measure the original positions off the stock units otherwise you don't have a starting point for mounting the damper.

Installed the last of the AGM/Cranker batteries in the back, so now set up for any extended rear winching, plus base camping with the solar will now be a breeze. Now have the 36V I wanted for the welder also. Each battery 130ah and 1000cca when fully charged.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Bidja (2nd December 2018), GQtdauto (3rd December 2018), MB (2nd December 2018), Plasnart (2nd December 2018), Yeti's Beast (2nd December 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Just replaced my speedo pinion with a 15 cog (brown). It brought my 3.9 diff's on 33" tyres back to 99-100% accuracy. It was 9-10% out prior to that.
    Just confirmed before with 2 different GPS units. Should have done this ages ago!
    Nice Hodgey! Can you do a quick DIY thread if you get time? Something I've long wanted/needed to do. As you say, 10% accuracy sucks!

Page 876 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 376776826866874875876877878886926976 ... LastLast