Thanks
    Thanked 11,317 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you buy today

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Out of iso and a bit of shopping for the old girl yesterday. . Picked up an 800mm canopy some tray sides and under body boxes. . Should be bit of fun this weekend

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
    Fair Dinkum you don’t Muck around Rossco Legend
    A whisker late now from one work GU half podder of old to another
    Was kind of excited that you could sneak full length shovels/crowbars and the like either side of the fat new work tray for speed of ‘full length’ fast access off sides.
    Please be sure Brother to elevate your beaut new ally pod up enough off the steel tray for aeration and full length slender garden tool storage below thy pod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Rossco (12th March 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 484 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mistery box from abroad came with...
    20220311_160307.jpg

A weatherstrip...
    20220311_160320.jpg

And a windshield!
    20220311_160642.jpg

1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrazilianY60 For This Useful Post:

MB (13th March 2022), mudski (12th March 2022), Rossco (12th March 2022), Touses (14th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 614 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered a Marks 4WD hydrobooster kit yesterday.
    Earlier in the year I did the DBA slotted rotors, new master cylinder (same as 4.8) and all stainless braided lines to go with the ECB Yellowstuff pads I already had but I was a bit underwhelmed by the result.
    I didn't want to go the bigger rotors/calipers route with bigger rims, etc
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jff45 For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (24th March 2022), Rossco (24th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jff45 View Post
    Ordered a Marks 4WD hydrobooster kit yesterday.
    Earlier in the year I did the DBA slotted rotors, new master cylinder (same as 4.8) and all stainless braided lines to go with the ECB Yellowstuff pads I already had but I was a bit underwhelmed by the result.
    I didn't want to go the bigger rotors/calipers route with bigger rims, etc
    Am amazed that you were a bit underwhelmed with the EBC pads! Did you follow their bedding in instructions to the letter? Maybe the DBA rotors are somehow less effective than the RDA Slotted & Dimpled rotors that I have with them - can't see why that should be though??? What is the hydrobooster kit?

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's this kit using a hydraulic brake booster sourced from AC Delco in the US.
    https://www.marks4wd.com/mfk20130.html

I just fitted this to my TD42 on the 13th March along with the braided brake lines.

I'm taking the car away for a trip this weekend, so I'll have a chance to drive it for an extended period with it loaded up.
    First impressions after fitting it and it is noticibly different. That's with my standard rotors/pads (not sure of brand, came with the car).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

jff45 (24th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 614 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Am amazed that you were a bit underwhelmed with the EBC pads! Did you follow their bedding in instructions to the letter? Maybe the DBA rotors are somehow less effective than the RDA Slotted & Dimpled rotors that I have with them - can't see why that should be though??? What is the hydrobooster kit?
    The EBC pads were an improvement on the Bendix stuff but, with my GVM upgrade, I run permanently around the 3.2t and I just don't find the braking adequate without more than average pedal pressure applied. My 76 year old legs want the Patrol to brake like our Kia Sorento

The "overseas manufactured" RDA are cheaper rotors than the DBA and the dimples actually do nothing in our Patrol typical usage.
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jff45 View Post
    The EBC pads were an improvement on the Bendix stuff but, with my GVM upgrade, I run permanently around the 3.2t and I just don't find the braking adequate without more than average pedal pressure applied. My 76 year old legs want the Patrol to brake like our Kia Sorento

The "overseas manufactured" RDA are cheaper rotors than the DBA and the dimples actually do nothing in our Patrol typical usage.
    Yes I wouldn't say that ours (GVM upgrade 3.9t & drum brake rear - so RDA/EBC only on the front) brakes like a modern lightweight car, but the difference between this set up (including stock brake hoses) & the OEM set up is chalk & cheese. It changed the car from unsafe to safe. I don't have to use huge pressure on the pedal, but certainly more than was required in my wife's little Mitsubishi mirage which only needed a very light touch on the pedal. I did think that I might want to fit braided lines, but to be honest I think it's 'good enough'. We travel at around 5 tonnes with the Tvan hooked up & changed from Greenstuff to Yellowstuff pads only because they tolerate greater heat on long downhills without fading. Stopping performance seems about on par with the Greenstuff pads.

I will be interested to hear your evaluation of your new setup.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

jff45 (24th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m running the RDA/EBC all round with Yellowstuff pads, I rate the combination highly. Followed the bedding in instructions to the letter (as recommended by Cuppa). Had a good workout before Xmas when I descended the Adelaide Hills, with the fully loaded van and car being close to maxed out. Had to jump out of the heavy vehicle lane several times due to 10kph being just to slow, then had to use the brakes several times.
    Got to the traffic lights at the bottom with trepidation (after reading all the official and unofficial warnings), not a problem. Stopped flawlessly with no shudder or fade.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

mudnut (24th March 2022), PeeBee (24th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    I’m running the RDA/EBC all round with Yellowstuff pads, I rate the combination highly. Followed the bedding in instructions to the letter (as recommended by Cuppa). Had a good workout before Xmas when I descended the Adelaide Hills, with the fully loaded van and car being close to maxed out. Had to jump out of the heavy vehicle lane several times due to 10kph being just to slow, then had to use the brakes several times.
    Got to the traffic lights at the bottom with trepidation (after reading all the official and unofficial warnings), not a problem. Stopped flawlessly with no shudder or fade.
    When towing we got stung with that Adelaide hill at the bottom, with a long traffic jam. Our set of new, but bedded in Falcon front discs warped because of the uneven heat sinking. Bugga!
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

jack (24th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,317 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best AUD highway descent ever, compression cogging down to the city of church’s SA (kindly blows out overfueled slogging twucks after a long diesel headwind)
    SA (Port Augusta) is ……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 532 of 564 FirstFirst ... 32432482522530531532533534542 ... LastLast