Thread: T connection for oil pressure gauge for ZD30

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T connection for oil pressure gauge for ZD30

Hi, I would Like to install oil pressure gauge on my zd30 engine. What is recommend spot, I read that properly it should be on right side near starter but also on forum there are advice left side near oil filter is easier? Does either mounting picks the same pressure. Also any tricks how to do it as these are tight spots? Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From memory one switch is for low oil pressure and the other is for high oil pressure. I wouldnt think it would matter which side you put it on. You will require one of these though....
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SAAS-Oil...U!-1:rk:2:pf:0

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dobrun2004 View Post
    Hi, I would Like to install oil pressure gauge on my zd30 engine. What is recommend spot, I read that properly it should be on right side near starter but also on forum there are advice left side near oil filter is easier? Does either mounting picks the same pressure. Also any tricks how to do it as these are tight spots? Thank you!
    Installed VDO oil pressure gauge near starter motor. Have a read of link thread, there is an explanation of how I went about it without removing starter motor.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...DO-quot-T-quot

Have a read of page 28 of the following link (Nissan Patrol Trg manual):

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/Y61-CRD-TM1.pdf

I understand all ZD30 same.
    Last edited by Bidja; 13th October 2018 at 01:54 AM.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also had to modify the cable support brkt attached to starter motor to fit T piece for sensor unit.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...or-Bracket-Mod

Hope it helps mate.
    Last edited by Bidja; 13th October 2018 at 01:42 AM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Also had to modify the cable support brkt attached to starter motor to fit T piece for sensor unit.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...or-Bracket-Mod

Hope it helps mate.

Thanks for your help. Did you have to drain oil from engine before removing that sensor to fit T connector? Also my car is 2003 model and not CRD, I will have a look how easy to do it. I have new fuel filter to replace and doing that T connector for gauge sender will be done at that time when old fuel filter is removed. Thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help. Did you have to drain oil from engine before removing that sensor to fit T connector? Also my car is 2003 model and not CRD, I will have a look how easy to do it. I have new fuel filter to replace and doing that T connector for gauge sender will be done at that time when old fuel filter is removed. Thanks
    I changed my oil along with fuel filter when I did mine. The sensor (starter motor side) is to measure pressure while eng running, engine stopped the oil may be below sensor as opposed to switch (near oil filter). For either location, I would drain oil and change it along with fuel filter. A lot do install at switch location, but I just followed correct proceedure. Guess if you dropped oil pressure at (at sensor location) you would have at least a good safety margin of oil remaining in sump.

It was quite a bit of stuffing around but then again I had no guide at all. Guess once job is done you can move to next.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By the way, the T adapter that you get make sure it good for job. I originally got one of ebay and it was too long (sensor location) I think from memory, so then I bought a VDO one and all was good.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    By the way, the T adapter that you get make sure it good for job. I originally got one of ebay and it was too long (sensor location) I think from memory, so then I bought a VDO one and all was good.
    Hi, I had look and just wandering how did yo get spanner to that sensor location as from my assessment it look extremely hard. I replaced oil and filter already and the sensor is at higher position and oil level will be below. Also what spanner did you use, I managed to get adjustable one around the sensor and I maesured 23 mm while on forums people use 26mm ring 12 point sapnner or dip socket? A appreciate your feedback. Thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi, I had look and just wandering how did yo get spanner to that sensor location as from my assessment it look extremely hard. I replaced oil and filter already and the sensor is at higher position and oil level will be below. Also what spanner did you use, I managed to get adjustable one around the sensor and I maesured 23 mm while on forums people use 26mm ring 12 point sapnner or dip socket? A appreciate your feedback. Thanks
    Remember it took a bit of contortionist behavior, and time with medium sized hands but all was achievable.

Sensor hex size unsure - Had a look (just now) to see if I could get a spanner on to it but the fuel filter etc is in the way.

I came up from underneath with the open ender, use of ring/deep socket if starter removed maybe.

Persevere with what fits, maybe aftermarket sensor currently fitted with different hex size.

Remember when fitting T adapter, face the hex flat for sender unit (VDO in my case) facing slightly fwd and down so to screw it in to miss starter.
    Last edited by Bidja; 14th October 2018 at 01:39 PM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I got 26mm ring spanner and was able to remove sensor, not that hard. I need to remove starter bolt with 14mm spanner and it will be all ready. If you could remember what VDO adopter did you use? Excellent support and thanks a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast