OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 852 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 352752802842850851852853854862902952 ... LastLast
Results 8,511 to 8,520 of 10452

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have ordered new tensioner and belt (CRD), and could not wait so took off fan belt and yes jokey pulley is loose as and squeals away like extremely dry/worn bearing. This might have been the grinding/meshing noise I have been occasionally hearing of late.

I also, sometimes hear a high pitched song (like file on edge of thin spinning disk) and it may not be my shinny SS induction whistle after all... hahaha.

Think I can rest assured now that the unwanted noise it is most likely my tensioner.... Will know when job done and but must say getting belt off (the first time) was easier that removing oil filter (removed no cowling, just rotated tensioner arm).
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welded out the front diff brace and modified the front pumpkin protector to suit, came up a treat, looking to do the rear next, however the kits all are fitted on the underside of the diff housing so will lose some obstacle clearance.

Did a maintenance run on the front and back winches today, in and out 3 times for good measure, found an issue with a dicky earth on the rear winch earth point, so stripped it apart, applied some conductive paste and bolted back together, all good.

Fabricated a h/d battery battery clamp for the rear 2 batteries, but allowed design for the third thats coming next month, boxed out the battery area with a plywood shelf and cut down one of the storage boxes to suit, came up well.SANY0196.JPG
    Last edited by PeeBee; 11th August 2018 at 03:09 PM.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Have ordered new tensioner and belt (CRD), and could not wait so took off fan belt and yes jokey pulley is loose as and squeals away like extremely dry/worn bearing. This might have been the grinding/meshing noise I have been occasionally hearing of late.

I also, sometimes hear a high pitched song (like file on edge of thin spinning disk) and it may not be my shinny SS induction whistle after all... hahaha.

Think I can rest assured now that the unwanted noise it is most likely my tensioner.... Will know when job done and but must say getting belt off (the first time) was easier that removing oil filter (removed no cowling, just rotated tensioner arm).
    @Bidja
    CRD tensioners commonly fail.
    During my 2 year ownership of a 2009 GU CRD, I have gone through two of them . First one failed after several mud holes and slowly began the whining song until it failed on me on a highway once... Nearly took out my other belts etc...
    Second one failed after a river crossing up in the high country and I gambled my way home and it didnt fail. Lucky. Both were genuine units.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    @Bidja
    CRD tensioners commonly fail.
    During my 2 year ownership of a 2009 GU CRD, I have gone through two of them . First one failed after several mud holes and slowly began the whining song until it failed on me on a highway once... Nearly took out my other belts etc...
    Second one failed after a river crossing up in the high country and I gambled my way home and it didnt fail. Lucky. Both were genuine units.
    Yeah my first (@ 136k km, manual & had since new), live on a dirt road and travel them wet/muddy, do not do heaps of mud slurry swims but do water crossings. Guess have been lucky. Early on, thought I had a boost leak (high pitch whistle), but also have recently replaced 2 broken front exhaust studs.

Did you experience the flowing type of noises?:
    Over last 2 wks there has been an occasional grating/vibrating sound coming from font LHS (either like gears/syncro or brake caliper piston grabbing/vibrating against the pad backing shim plate). A month ago, I replaced rotors and pads and are working well. Initial noise may have been the pulley bearing showing first signs of excessive side slap wear and vibrating at particular loads (rapid de-acceleration into corners). Since Licola (gave it a wash) and now have the high pitch squeal that will quieten down after it warms up (say after 40km distance traveled) but comes back on at cold start up (stuffed bearing, has approx 1mm side slap with belt off and grinds away when U spin it).

Will be letting it sit in place until I install the new tensioner and belt (Genuine $260 of eBay). I have only the one flat ribbed belt but does look in good nick, will keep as a spare and rebuild the worn tensioner..

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi John is just the bearing gone ? You can just replace that

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Roofy View Post
    Hi John is just the bearing gone ? You can just replace that
    If you look up Hug Flight belt tensioners you could do better than that price and with a new belt included

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G'day Graig, you still happening there and this is soooo good mate. Just took a couple of days haha.

Thought I would buy a new tensioner, rebuild the current one and have as a spare.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you look up Hug Flight belt tensioners you could do better than that price and with a new belt included
    Yeh had a look, OnLineAutoparts sell them, same guys that I bought my new genuine one off. Will check them out for pulley / bearing assy or just bearing will see which way to go when I change over. New one arrives Mon or Tues.
    Last edited by Bidja; 12th August 2018 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    G'day Graig, you still happening there and this is soooo good mate. Just took a couple of days haha.

Thought I would buy a new tensioner, rebuild the current one and have as a spare.
    Yes mate still alive to cold today to do the truck got the pump out have another to go in but the weather is against me
    But I'll get there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes mate still alive to cold today to do the truck got the pump out have another to go in but the weather is against me
    But I'll get there
    With a possible ECU remap for you, check the link below out, can put a word in for you. What exhaust will U be using?

https://ecpt.com.au/products-services/ecu-remapping/

Something to think about - Harley is the contact (email) to follow up. Postal remap $750 + postage (say $790) and 1-2 wk turn around. You remove ecu send to them direct and they post back. Good tune, you set boost/spool and all good (Max boost 20-22psi / AFR around 22:1). They turn off EGR as well.

With remap, IMO need to improve induction to allow turbo to breath easy.

Page 852 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 352752802842850851852853854862902952 ... LastLast