Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Patrol for my perfil?

Bom Dia Folks,

My name is JP - Brazilian Blood with an Aussie Spirit and I love to get a bit of a breeze in my face as much as I can.

I am a Patrol enthusiastic and I am about to buy my first one in Australia and I would like to ask the community if someone could advise me between 2 models
    I am interested under my ballpark.

I am a Photographer, so sometimes I carry quite a lot equipment (not that much actually) + occasionally family gear when they want to go for a ride on the bush.
    Also prefer to have a big Tent (as Photo Studio Base/Shelter) with me rather to tow a big caravan. Probably would tow a camper trail if
    necessary one day. Less is more!
    I am not a professional 4WD driver and don't expect to be hardcore either (as much I have respect for the legends) but would like to be able to cross the line when time demands to pursuit "The Shot".

I am not sure if it is right to paste links of other Business here (Sorry Administrator if not), but below are 2 models that I am looking for.

Can someone advise what one should I get?
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...4117489/?Cr=24
    http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...12899778/?Cr=0

Thanks very much everyone in advance and hope some day I will be very helpful in the community like you guys will!

All the best,
    JP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mate,
    I would go the 2011 every day of the week for extra $6k. Looks to better kitted out, Common rail instead of DI. 8 years younger. Manual better than old auto. Diesel instead of petrol. no brainer.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that 2011 CRD has a good service record and you've got the budget for it, jump on it. That a lot of truck for the money and should drink less fuel than the petrol 4.8.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello there?

Quote Originally Posted by Covo71 View Post
    Hi Mate,
    I would go the 2011 every day of the week for extra $6k. Looks to better kitted out, Common rail instead of DI. 8 years younger. Manual better than old auto. Diesel instead of petrol. no brainer.
    Thanks very much for your quick response.
    Isn't 2011 the scary 'grenade' model?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bazza thanks for your response. Just wondering if this 2011 isn't the 'grenade' myth model? I read bad things about it and if I could avoid any further problems would be ideal.

Thanks and cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with the CRD Diesels from 2007 on .... there hasn't been the same history of problems as there was with some of the early 2000 - 2002 models. There are now lots of CRD's with big miles on them too, so they are proving to be just as reliable as any other make.

The common faults with these are the belt tensioner pulley failing, egr pipe cracking, and the exhaust manifold warping ..... other than that they are pretty good.

I have the 2011 model, and I am very happy with it, and would recommend one to you for your intended use.
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As HappyGU said the 2000 - 2002 were some issues. Haven't heard bad stuff specifically with the 2011. Diesel over petrol anyway. Auto is only a 4 speed as well. I would still change all the fluids and filters. It has done less than 20km a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBM View Post
    Thanks very much for your quick response.
    Isn't 2011 the scary 'grenade' model?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Hey Bazza thanks for your response. Just wondering if this 2011 isn't the 'grenade' myth model? I read bad things about it and if I could avoid any further problems would be ideal.

Thanks and cheers"

Hi,

No, as others have said, late models CRD's don't suffer from the same issues that some of the earlier models had. A regularly serviced 2011 should prove no less reliable than other late model CRD's from any other make.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bazzaboy For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (14th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzaboy View Post
    "Hey Bazza thanks for your response. Just wondering if this 2011 isn't the 'grenade' myth model? I read bad things about it and if I could avoid any further problems would be ideal.

Thanks and cheers"

Hi,

No, as others have said, late models CRD's don't suffer from the same issues that some of the earlier models had. A regularly serviced 2011 should prove no less reliable than other late model CRD's from any other make.
    That is spot on imo. .
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook