OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Boost control

  1. #1
    Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Wauchope 2446
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb Boost control

    Hi all I have a zd30crd and I don't know if I should use a tilix set up or let the ecu control the boost. Do common rails need to be controlled manually?

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  3. #2
    ......... MB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Yarra Valley
    Posts
    7,911
    Thanks
    20,769
    Thanked 10,322 Times in 4,548 Posts
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Dagert View Post
    Hi all I have a zd30crd and I don't know if I should use a tilix set up or let the ecu control the boost. Do common rails need to be controlled manually?
    Welcome aboard Mick mate! Not too savvy on electrics or ZD's meself but @bigguwesty when he has time may be able to help, good bloke!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

    Mick Dagert (6th September 2017)

  5. #3
    Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Wauchope 2446
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Welcome aboard Mick mate! Not too savvy on electrics or ZD's meself but @bigguwesty when he has time may be able to help, good bloke!
    Cheers bud I need all the help I can get

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mick Dagert For This Useful Post:

    MB (6th September 2017)

  7. #4
    Patrol God bigguwesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mount Gambier, SA
    Posts
    13,350
    Thanks
    15,359
    Thanked 4,413 Times in 3,016 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Mick.
    The crd is a lot better than the Di with control.
    But is still woeful..
    Have you done any of the nads setup yet?
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to bigguwesty For This Useful Post:

    Mick Dagert (7th September 2017)

  9. #5
    Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Wauchope 2446
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks bigguwesty.
    I've done the exhaust, egr blocked and catch can that's all
    Last edited by Mick Dagert; 7th September 2017 at 10:49 PM.

  10. #6
    Patrol Freak Bidja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Southern Table Lands, NSW
    Posts
    1,021
    Thanks
    1,101
    Thanked 941 Times in 537 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Dagert View Post
    Thanks bigguwesty.
    I've done the exhaust, egr blocked and catch can that's all
    Hello Mick, 2 weeks ago completed install of NADS on my 2008 CRD and it did include manual boost control (Dawes and needle valve in my case). Re: boost control, l had a few initial issues to overcome of which bigguwesty was a great help. Willing to share my experiences in setting boost operation if you have a need. Very pleased in eng performance now. You may have scan tool to assist in clearing fault codes, I have experienced very few but having a scan tool has certainly been beneficial. My EGR plate is at exhaust manifold. Welcome
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

    Mick Dagert (8th September 2017)

  12. #7
    Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Wauchope 2446
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Hello Mick, 2 weeks ago completed install of NADS on my 2008 CRD and it did include manual boost control (Dawes and needle valve in my case). Re: boost control, l had a few initial issues to overcome of which bigguwesty was a great help. Willing to share my experiences in setting boost operation if you have a need. Very pleased in eng performance now. You may have scan tool to assist in clearing fault codes, I have experienced very few but having a scan tool has certainly been beneficial. My EGR plate is at exhaust manifold. Welcome
    Thanks Bidja I do have a scan tool and get the error code a couple of times a week. I wander if a tune deletes that code? But I will purchase a kit where is the best place to look?

  13. #8
    Patrol God bigguwesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mount Gambier, SA
    Posts
    13,350
    Thanks
    15,359
    Thanked 4,413 Times in 3,016 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mick.
    You'll probably find that with those mods you may have large amounts of over boost.
    While curzing I was seeing up to 30 plus psi with those mods on the scangauge..
    So yea get onto either a tillix valve or dawes valve. Both do the same thing, I just prefer the design of the tillix that's all.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to bigguwesty For This Useful Post:

    Mick Dagert (11th September 2017)

  15. #9
    Patrol Freak Bidja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Southern Table Lands, NSW
    Posts
    1,021
    Thanks
    1,101
    Thanked 941 Times in 537 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mick, firstly my learning of NADS has come primarily from reading on this forum and the valued one on one advice provided from select members.

    Note bigguwesty comment re: either type being contenders and check them out.

    Dawes can be acquired from Mudski and he can be contacted via the forum. I installed both the Dawes and needle valve from Mudski and achieved a good result. Certainly would have compared both types if I had knowledge of the 2 options available when I was getting the bits together. Have a read:

    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...sing-thru-NADS

    Understand the EGR block causes the fault code coming up and maybe its placement may also have an effect on their occurrence as well of the driving environments city/rural.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

    Mick Dagert (11th September 2017)

  17. #10
    Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Wauchope 2446
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Mick, firstly my learning of NADS has come primarily from reading on this forum and the valued one on one advice provided from select members.

    Note bigguwesty comment re: either type being contenders and check them out.

    Dawes can be acquired from Mudski and he can be contacted via the forum. I installed both the Dawes and needle valve from Mudski and achieved a good result. Certainly would have compared both types if I had knowledge of the 2 options available when I was getting the bits together. Have a read:

    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...sing-thru-NADS

    Understand the EGR block causes the fault code coming up and maybe its placement may also have an effect on their occurrence as well of the driving environments city/rural.
    Thanks everyone for the help I will order one asap. Where's the best place to buy pillar pods for a boost gauge?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •