Page 38 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Tools you have bought/want to buy feedback thread

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how do you pick the Japanese Makita? Is it just a case of checking the label on individual appliances, or are they only available from particular retailers?

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    So how do you pick the Japanese Makita? Is it just a case of checking the label on individual appliances, or are they only available from particular retailers?
    i just checked the actual tool Cuppa.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (5th June 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For tools to carry in the car this combo from Bahco covers probably 80% of my travelling needs. The quality is excellent. The ratchet ring spanner set has really good tiny ratchet increments, good for tight spaces, but is also a great space & weight saving as each spanner has 4 sizes on it making this set of 4 the equivalent of 16 spanners. (8mm-27mm ) The heads are slightly larger than if they were 16 (or 8) individual spanners, but to date this has not proven a problem. I love the socket set +. Having it all in the case, each item with it's own place is a real luxury (for me). Many times I've been packing up & straight off noticed an item missing from it's designated spot - only to then find it laying in the grass or the sand.

IMG_1585.jpg

However, probably the one single tool I would most not want to be without is one made by Jung. A pair of multigrips. They are so versatile, & these Jung ones are just so well designed compared to others I have had in the past. Great grip, great leverage, great ergonomics & does not get 'jammed up' like some of the cheaper designs. Chrome-vanadium. This is one of those tools that we probably shouldn't use for many of the tasks they get used for, but I trust this one. No idea where you'd buy one now though. A quick google for Jung Tools didn't find anything. I bought this probably 6 or 7 years ago from Total Tools. if you come across one grab it quick.

IMG_1586.jpg
    Last edited by Cuppa; 5th June 2020 at 10:20 AM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (5th June 2020), rusty_nail (5th June 2020)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a bloody good looking multi grip Cuppa, solid as a bloody rock.

Has anyone used those sockets that are 1 size on 1 side and another size on the other? Wondering if they're any good???

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Wow didn't know about the pommy factory. Have always preferred makita tools, and when i bought the rattle gun a few years ago I had to be particular. The good from Nippon. The not-so-good from Bat Soup central.
    Bet you typed that from your bat soup central panda foot blue crab samsung apple huawei etc!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickhead View Post
    Bet you typed that from your bat soup central panda foot blue crab samsung apple huawei etc!
    Haha nope! Samsung tablet proudly made in Vietnam!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    yeah mate they just individually say where they are made on the tool
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    yeah mate they just individually say where they are made on the tool
    Yeah, checked the two Makita tools we travel with today. The impact driver - made in China, & the chainsaw - made in Japan.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (5th June 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Haha nope! Samsung tablet proudly made in Vietnam!
    Fuk me swinging.. Samsung is South Korean,,,. They farmed their stuff out to China. Now they cant be fooked making it and passed it on to the Vietnamese? I have some WIHA branded German pliers made in....... Vietnam.
    This is sad.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickhead For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (6th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So was doing some.more moving in to the new shed today and had thia out and thought Bloody Hell this has been a Great addition to my workshop. So took some pics.

Best thing Ever! Seriously. The whole thing us High Tensile Metric. Sooooo Bloody Handy.

My Local Bolt shop sell this as an AG Pak. Farmers must love them.

And to go with it this is a great kit too.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (14th June 2020), Cremulator (14th June 2020), PeeBee (8th June 2020), rusty_nail (9th June 2020), Touses (9th June 2020), TPC (15th June 2020)

Page 38 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast