OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gq td42 no accesorys or ignition.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gq td42 no accesorys or ignition.

hey guys got my self a td42 gq and went to start it today and everything died when i tried to turn it over.
    checked the alternator starter fuse looks fine and is not showing a break on the multi meter.
    none of my accessory's work and when i turned on the hazards the relay under the dash went crazy took it out and put it back in now its completely dead.
    any ideas what the problem could be guys?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,757 Times in 8,578 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check your main ignition fuse under that black cover next to your crank battery.

But if it is is blown try and find why?

Mine was old dodgy wiring on the alternator which shorted out and blew that fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check the battery terminals. If ok then check the battery voltage, and the water level in each cell. Check the earth wires to the body and chassis.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it have central locking ? If I accidentally press the lock button with door open the GQ thinks I'm stealing it and nothing works .

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its happened before when i replaced the alternator i shorted the fuse so got another one from the wreckers and fired straight away this time its out of the blue car was parked for 1 day and randomly happened.
    whats the best way to test fuses i was shown to put it on the setting for under the omega sign and if it the fuses is good it should beep but if it has a break it wont do anything?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belvo View Post
    its happened before when i replaced the alternator i shorted the fuse so got another one from the wreckers and fired straight away this time its out of the blue car was parked for 1 day and randomly happened.
    whats the best way to test fuses i was shown to put it on the setting for under the omega sign and if it the fuses is good it should beep but if it has a break it wont do anything?
    That is correct the omega sign or ohms scale on a multimeter will read a value nd the beep will sound if equipped and the fuse is good. It will read zero and not beep if the fuse is bad. Also check the fuse holder itself for rust and if it starts working again see if it gets warm. If the fuse holder gets warm it is probably not making a good connection.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    replaced the fuse with a 80amp fuse and still nothing the accessory worked until i tried to crank it and everything just died again.
    im stumped now

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is a classic sign of a dry or high resistance joint. Check the battery terminals are tight and the fuse terminals are clean and making good contact. Don't use steel wool to clean them unless battery is disconnected first. Check all the earth terminals for corrosion and tightness. What happens is that low current things like accessories lights etc work ok but when the joint is loaded with a high current dray (starter motor) the continuity of the joint fails.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Belvo (26th April 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks man ill have to go over it tomorrow im over standing in the rain.
    the glow plug fuse looked a bit funny looked like it had white residue over it would that affect it?
    so go over the battery terminals earth starter terminals and all fuses?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the glow plug fuse looked a bit funny looked like it had white residue over it would that affect it?
    so go over the battery terminals earth starter terminals and all fuses?
    Yes that is corrosion and would cause the problems you are haveing. Check all fuses, fuse holders and wires and terminals for this and for tightness. Where are you located?? Are you near the sea or has the car been under water at any time.?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast